Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

follicly challenged

I am still wondering if applying lemon extract will clear out the dht plugged hair follicles Tongue need some test subjects!

lemon is supposed to help stimulate hair growth.

I've never tried it, but I assume lemon - actual lemon juice anyway - would lighten hair color?

Those looking for significant bleaching effects should mix three tablespoons of lemon juice with two cups of water

http://www.md-health.com/Lemon-For-Hair.html

And that's with diluted lemon juice.

Funny thing is, on the same page, it suggests soaking the hair in lemon juice to remove built up materials.

Perhaps that includes a bit of color! Big Grin

PM + SP seems to be working somewhat for hair regrowth. I can feel quite a lot of shorter hairs growing, even at the crown.

I've always heard lemon juice requires sunlight to lighten hair, though sunlight alone does quite a bit of lightening.

Reminds me, on re-reading (and I have a lot to catch up on here at BN, too!)

T3 hormone, Thyroid hormone, applied to the scalp, seemed to help one of our follicularly challenged fellow travelers.
Took about a month, and it was rubbed on the skin.

I've only ever been able to stop some loss.
I need to get back on track ASAP, but we've got the girl back, and more costs. The woman's finally gotten some help... The meds aren't cheap. ;-)
But it means my desired meds are now out of reach.
And of course, now we need to entertain the "child" (She's 21, so it's not like she's an infant in need of constant care.)

Anyway, managing things while the boss is OOO, and we have a Production issue to deal with, so - have to get back to work, and congratulate everyone on their breakthroughs whenever I get the chance. Which has only been from work.

:-P

-Dianna

I have to share this with you. I was looking for a file on an old external hard drive. when I cam across some pictures I had taken of my hair line in 2013. Now, it is worth remembering this is PRE-NBE days, in 2013. Slowing down my hair loss was the actual reason I found this site. I started with hair loss sites, googled a few keywords and up pops this site. " WOW .. thats me. "

I know I am a long way from going wig less, but it does give me some hope.

Let me know what you think.

(22-08-2016, 05:17 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I have to share this with you. I was looking for a file on an old external hard drive. when I cam across some pictures I had taken of my hair line in 2013. Now, it is worth remembering this is PRE-NBE days, in 2013. Slowing down my hair loss was the actual reason I found this site. I started with hair loss sites, googled a few keywords and up pops this site. " WOW .. thats me. "

Great looking "comb over"...Tongue LOL... Just teasing. It does appear that it's trying to regrow. Congrats. Big Grin

As i understand it, several things need to be done to remedy androgenic alopecia... in addition to good diet and all-round good health :

1. block DHT - pick your favorite DHT inhibitor and use it topically.
2. clear follicles - remove plaque buildup on scalp with a mild exfoliant and avoid putting stuff on scalp that will block follicles
3. stimulate follicles - there's a long list of things that are known to stimulate follicles when used topically, such as rosemary oil, caffeine, niacin, and many others.
4. promote growth hormone/cell division - i am looking at the possiblity of using a dermaroller (would be used daily)

You will need to use a carrier oil such as emu oil or coconut oil to get things down into the follicles.

I have just started to use the following mix - which is a variation of what i used briefly last winter with some initial signs of results.

4 tsp of water
5 caffeine tablets, crushed
1 niacin tablet, crushed
1 capsule of lecithin (emulsifier so water and oil will mix)
- mix thoroughly - the lecithin i use contains glycerin, so have to get the globs of glycerin out (it sticks to a spoon when stirred - be creative)
4 tsp coconut oil (warm to liquify)
20 drops rosemary oil
5 capsules saw palmetto
- mix until completely smooth

The resultant concoction is semi-solid at room temporature, so you can just pick up a bit on your finger and it will melt right away on the scalp.

I'm planning to change the coconut oil to emu oil and to increase the caffeine (to 20), niacin (to 5) and saw palmetto (to 10)

Also may add some aloe vera (whole leaf, skin removed).

Am looking into using 10%-20% salicylic acid as an exfoliant. This would probably only need to be done once, at the outset, separate from periodic use of the concoction.

I've just started again with this latest variation, so it's too soon to report anything, but the earlier version with pretty much the same ingredients (and more), except no rosemary, was starting to show results when i stopped after a couple of months.

I've also started to apply my progesterone cream on the scalp, but am still not sure whether this may be blocking the follicles.

Vive pro for men daily thickening. Very effective.

(22-08-2016, 05:17 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I have to share this with you. I was looking for a file on an old external hard drive. when I cam across some pictures I had taken of my hair line in 2013. Now, it is worth remembering this is PRE-NBE days, in 2013. Slowing down my hair loss was the actual reason I found this site. I started with hair loss sites, googled a few keywords and up pops this site. " WOW .. thats me. "

Over all more consistent pattern and much healthier as well.

Also castor oil! It's bugger viscous, so it can be messy, but it worked for me!

I used it to regrow patchy eyebrows and lashes. I now use it on my thinning hairline. Worked great on my eyebrows and lashes! Time will tell on my other thinning bits, should see something in a month or so.

I mixed together the following:

1 T castor oil
1 t emu oil
2 drops rosemary essential oil
2 drops spearmint essential oil

Shake it really well, and apply a drop or two with the tip of your finger, rub it in.

Like I mentioned before, it will feel greasy, so it's an indoor-type application, but evidently the nutrients in castor oil have traditionally been known to regrow hair. Emu oil also nourishes follicles. Rosemary oil stimulates them. Spearmint oil blocks DHT.

Xo, Soli

ETA: I should probably point out that I just use pure castor oil on my brows and lashes. I can't imagine spearmint and rosemary essential oils would feel very good if they got into your eyes, although emu oil is probably pretty benign. The mixture above I use for scalp only!

Xo, S

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon