Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

More traveling...

Scr3w tanning salons... ;-)
Planet Fitness, basic membership, includes lots of "goodies" - like tanning beds and red light therapy and massage tables (automatic massage, not from a person.)

Their idea of fitness is mostly a waste (but OK for bodybuilding and general fitness, just... Too much isolation of body parts. Arms don't work without chest, legs, back, shoulders, feet, torso, etc. And since everything is basically a machine and/or nailed down/affixed...)

But for $10/month last I recall? With the perks? If you're not already part of a gym, and want to join, might be worth it, especially compared to a tanning salon... ;-)

And for the cost of a decent set of weights, you can offset the problems pretty easily (~$200 or less).

-Dianna

(12-05-2016, 06:33 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  So are you going to do it Fire? I'm sure there are tanning salons wherever you're going.

Lol, I am pretty sure there are. I have never been, and doubtful I would actually go to something like that. I would feel a little bit weird. Plus I've seen way too many horror movies where things go awry in one of those. Tongue

(12-05-2016, 07:28 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Scr3w tanning salons... ;-)
Planet Fitness, basic membership, includes lots of "goodies" - like tanning beds and red light therapy and massage tables (automatic massage, not from a person.)

Their idea of fitness is mostly a waste (but OK for bodybuilding and general fitness, just... Too much isolation of body parts. Arms don't work without chest, legs, back, shoulders, feet, torso, etc. And since everything is basically a machine and/or nailed down/affixed...)

But for $10/month last I recall? With the perks? If you're not already part of a gym, and want to join, might be worth it, especially compared to a tanning salon... ;-)

And for the cost of a decent set of weights, you can offset the problems pretty easily (~$200 or less).

-Dianna

I've never really heard great things about PF, but they are inexpensive I'll give them that. Plus they probably won't be as crowded now that most people have probably given up on their new years resolution of lose weight, get fit etc etc. I had joined another gym previously, but you know what I found out about myself? I wasted almost over a year in membership fees for absolutely nothing. Apparently I am not disciplined enough to keep up with going to the gym. Though they have their black card sale going on I think. Maybe I could get back into the routine for cardio. With all the other stuff they offer, maybe it could be somewhat worth it.

So outside of tanning... Really no help on fun or interesting things to do on my upcoming trip next week? I thought for sure someone would have something. Sad

oh well, I thought it was worth a shot, thought maybe someone out there would know something. Huh

if your a Foodie or a Epicurious epicurean, you can always try the local fare to see how it fares Tongue

a nice restaurant or two Smile

(12-05-2016, 09:51 PM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  [...]
I've never really heard great things about PF, but they are inexpensive I'll give them that. Plus they probably won't be as crowded now that most people have probably given up on their new years resolution of lose weight, get fit etc etc. I had joined another gym previously, but you know what I found out about myself? I wasted almost over a year in membership fees for absolutely nothing. Apparently I am not disciplined enough to keep up with going to the gym. Though they have their black card sale going on I think. Maybe I could get back into the routine for cardio. With all the other stuff they offer, maybe it could be somewhat worth it.

Not a fan of cardio machines, unless you can't do a lot of exercise outside. E.G., Montana from about October - June or so. ;-)

Jokes aside, cardio you can do outside, or inside if you have a basement or no downstairs neighbors or concrete floor.
Discipline and activity are more important for general fitness. E.G., every hour, do some physical activity, such as a set of pushups or burpees. Sitting is the killer.

I'd offer, don't waste money if you won't go. Until I injured my arm (month ago), I was going 4X a week and aiming for more.
Don't just join PF for the tanning, is my point, even then it's not worth it. Build the fitness and habit first, and then any cheap gym will work... Smile

As for what to do... Saw a Facebook post from a friend in Erie, PA. He was going kayaking...
Maybe an idea?
Hiking? Geocaching? Rent a bike? Go shopping while there, and practice makeup? Google a drag club and see who's around? Old school friends? Ex girlfriends? (Stalking or meeting, either can be fun. :-D )

-Dianna

Have fun don't stress do play in your room but also explore the area

(13-05-2016, 03:38 AM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  if your a Foodie or a Epicurious epicurean, you can always try the local fare to see how it fares Tongue

a nice restaurant or two Smile

I went to a couple of nice restaurants last time I was in Cleveland. Guess I can find someplace new to try.

(13-05-2016, 04:14 AM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  
(12-05-2016, 09:51 PM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  [...]

Not a fan of cardio machines, unless you can't do a lot of exercise outside. E.G., Montana from about October - June or so. ;-)

Jokes aside, cardio you can do outside, or inside if you have a basement or no downstairs neighbors or concrete floor.
Discipline and activity are more important for general fitness. E.G., every hour, do some physical activity, such as a set of pushups or burpees. Sitting is the killer.

I'd offer, don't waste money if you won't go. Until I injured my arm (month ago), I was going 4X a week and aiming for more.
Don't just join PF for the tanning, is my point, even then it's not worth it. Build the fitness and habit first, and then any cheap gym will work... Smile

As for what to do... Saw a Facebook post from a friend in Erie, PA. He was going kayaking...
Maybe an idea?
Hiking? Geocaching? Rent a bike? Go shopping while there, and practice makeup? Google a drag club and see who's around? Old school friends? Ex girlfriends? (Stalking or meeting, either can be fun. :-D )

-Dianna

Allergies prevent me from being able to enjoy outdoors. Spring time is not a fun time for me. A colleague told me I should got white water rafting. I've never been, but I'm not exactly the strongest swimmer. All my ex's live back home, and they are ex's for a reason. Wink As for old friends, never really had many. I guess old acquaintances would suffice, but didn't find any at either of my destinations this week. As for drag clubs, I've never been, and truth be told I'm not much of a club person. Most things to do just aren't very fun alone. If I was traveling with someone then I would be more inclined to go, but alas, that is not the case. As for makeup, other than Halloween, I've never worn any. I'd probably end up looking like a clown or a whore. Plus there is the matter of the facial hair which for the moment still refuse to part with.

Cavaliers might be playing while I am there, but looked up ticket prices and a bit too rich for me. That would have been something new for me, oh well. Guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.

(13-05-2016, 11:21 AM)Darby9 Wrote:  Have fun don't stress do play in your room but also explore the area

Thanks Darby, I'll have to wait and see, and just go with the flow. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon