Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Squirrel's horded acorns of information ( cache of research info)

yeah, I think you mentioned it on one of the much earlier pages in the thread

Dang, I missed the squirrel citing... (kidding)  Wink  nice to see you back Tanya Marie.  Smile

(02-06-2017, 04:03 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Dang, I missed the squirrel citing... (kidding)  Wink  nice to see you back Tanya Marie.  Smile
heya Lotus! thanks!

Am glad to be back Tongue

Hello Squirrel!  It's been far too long, at least for an otter.

really luv the squirels avatar!!  Tongue

(03-06-2017, 04:41 PM)PeppermintPatty Wrote:  really luv the squirels avatar!!  Tongue

Thank you! it is what I consider my self-image , if I were really a squirrel :Smile  it took me years to find one that I was happy with Smile

(02-06-2017, 09:16 PM)spanky Wrote:  Hello Squirrel!  It's been far too long, at least for an otter.

Otter! (tight hugs) I missed my playful friend!

Himalayan salt

So, I am not sure that I have posted anything about this before...lol too lazy to check at the moment..so anywho..

We all know that salt is necessary in our diet and that we should really control how much we consume. It is in the processed foods we eat, the canned goods we consume, and possibly, even the water we drink .. however.. there is a major difference between the table salt (fortified with iodine to prevent goiters [nasty tumor like growths on the neck] and to try to restore some of the nutrient values once they have processed the natural salt.) and Himalayan Pink Salt..

HPS contains 84 trace minerals.. AND... get this.. helps your body to absorb the water you drink....now.. there are claims it is naturally floridated, which there are two types of floride, Calcium floride and the really bad kind that is the left-over from almuminum processing...(that is another subject entirely).  the calcium floride, found in Himalayan pink salt has been purported to help re-mineralize teeth ...(needs vitamin K2 to help do that.. yet another future post). There are several tooth remineralization products that contain HPS listed on Amazon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayan_salt

there is "much-to-do " regarding HPS, and its values...seems like both camps mud sling over whether or not there is real benefit and the viability .

HPS may be considered a "gourmet" salt, I got mine at a local commercial retail store that caters to closeouts and no longer in production products for about 2 bucks..

SOLE, is what you call the HPS when diluted in water. it does not spoil, and can be stored in airtight container eternally. you can use sole as a digestive aid, to help body balance the acidic to alkaline ratio, as an asthma treatment, help prevent vericose veins , a vasodiolator, blood pressure reducer...the list goes on.

I am sure that somewhere out there, HPS can help with our transitional needs as your body processes whatever NBE regiments you are on.

Oh btw..when your biting into a salami, or other cured meats.. HPS is in there as nitriles/nitrates to help prevent spoilage.. (think slim jims and such)......

The recommended daily dose of HPS is about 1/4 of tsp.. that's all.. will post more on this later when I get a chance..

[Image: GwRZm32.gif]

antihistamine lowers testosterone:

I was searching for some Over The Counter sleep aid, since the melatonin isn't working well for me ( been waking up every two hrs).

Sleep is the ever elusive blanket , which keeps coming off while I try to rest. 

On my way to work, I picked up a package of ZZZquil (made by Nyquil). the main Ingredient is : Diphenhydramine.  I always like to know what I am taking so I did some research before it consumed any..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diphenhydramine
"Diphenhydramine is a potent anticholinergic agent. This activity is responsible for the side effects of dry mouth and throat, increased heart rate, pupil dilation, urinary retention, constipation, and, at high doses, hallucinations or delirium. Other side effects include motor impairment (ataxia), flushed skin, blurred vision at nearpoint owing to lack of accommodation (cycloplegia), abnormal sensitivity to bright light (photophobia), sedation, difficulty concentrating, short-term memory loss, visual disturbances, irregular breathing, dizziness, irritability, itchy skin, confusion, increased body temperature (in general, in the hands and/or feet), temporary erectile dysfunction, and excitability, and although it can be used to treat nausea, higher doses may cause vomiting.[24] Some side effects, such as twitching, may be delayed until the drowsiness begins to cease and the person is in more of an awakening mode."

yes, outside the other nefariuous possible side effects , it can cause  temporary erectile dysfunction ( it doesn't matter to me! Tongue) .. so down the rabbit hole I go.. further research shows that Benedryl and other antihisthemines can cause a drop in Testosterone...

https://www.drgonzalezmd.com/causes-of-l...ne-in-men/
"Medication
Medication may cause low testosterone levels through three main mechanisms. They may damage the nerves, the vessels or interfere with the endocrine system. Well known drugs that are linked with low testosterone levels are certain drugs used for high blood pressure such as Inderal, Clonidine and Lasix; antidepressants belonging to the main three classes: SSRI, tricyclic antidepressants and MAO inhibitors; tranquilizers and antipsychotics and a group of drugs called anticholinergics which includes the commonly used drug Benadryl"

more research needed

Food for thought:  If this is in fact true, then perhaps antihistamines can be a cheap and effective anti-androgen? thoughts?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon