Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thinking of quitting

I've had minor progress over the past year and would love to have more.

But.... I just found out my sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Suddenly the reality of having breasts hits me rather hard. If I continue down this path, how likely am i to get breast cancer?

It also seems a bit.... unfair? selfish? that I'm trying to grow breasts at the same time she's facing the prospect of losing hers.

Sorry if I'm not being very coherent in this. didn't get much sleep last night and am still processing everything.

That is a tough dilemma to be in, I can certainly see how that causes you to re-think your desires. Its hard to see how she would understand and not be upset with you. I hope your sister is able to beat the cancer and recovers. My thoughts are with you and your family.

hey ohboobs ..so very sorry to hear of your sisters diagnosis ..far too many women have heard the same shocking news from their doctor ..and what has the doctor to offer. the tools have been primitive ..i’m very heartened, though, to know that targeted therapies are seeing some success in getting the body to actually recognize that these cells are the bad guys and need to be targeted by the immune system. mostly, the reason i wanted to post was that i’ve been reading about melatonin lately, mostly in relation to breast health and growth but the funny thing is that when i do searches, most of the results have to do with cancer therapies, so, i’ve bookmarked some i’ll look for ..but essentially, many new therapies have been using melatonin in conjunction with whatever else they’re doing in order to reset the biological circadian clock of the cell. they’ve also determined that, as far as their own conventional therapies, it matters what part of the day they’re administered or during what part of the circadian cycle they’re administered and they say they’re having some measurable success because at one part of the cycle it made be effectively positive and at another part of the circadian cycle the therapy made be neutral or even detrimental.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...efits.aspx

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/sup.../melatonin

also: Iodine deficiency is rapidly emerging as a major risk factor for breast cancer. http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2011/ce/the-silent-epidemic-of-iodine-deficiency/page-01?source=search&key=iodine

also, i can’t find the link where i downloaded a pdf that talks about some different researchers and melatonin so i’m going to upload the pdf. i know the conventional therapies can differ quite a lot depending on if the cancer cells are hormone dependent or not …so, so complicated. i’ve been taking this product daily ..i really think it’s good and may help a lot to keep a body on the alkaline side http://www.traceminerals.com/products/li...c-minerals ..also, been taking a product called chloroxygen which i think is so good http://www.swansonvitamins.com/herbs-etc-chloroxygen-chlorophyll-concentrate-2-fl-oz-liquid?SourceCode=INTL415&CAWELAID=956274545&catargetid=530002460000455191&CADEVICE=c

anyway, i know none of these are cures but ultimately, it’s the body that combats cellular waste and cells that have become cancerous so, i guess in that respect there are probably many many good things to put into your body not to mention raw foods with all their living hormones and hundreds of unique plant enzymes and for keeping your pH alkaline. good wishes for you and to your sister. solomé

Attached Files
.pdf MelatoninSummary.pdf Size: 225.01 KB  Downloads: 5

That's Terrible news Sad

I hope the treatment your sister gets goes well.

Being bad with words I couldn't think of a sympathetic way to express information of your question so I've written it in white text so you can elect not to read it if you wish (it is strictly medical in information and factual in tone). If you'd like to read it just highlight the text as if you were trying to copy it.

On your question, this is obviously rather complex for you.
While some breast cancers have genetic predispositions others do not so investigating that will help settle your unease.

It's worth noting that about 1% of breast cancer cases are males, and those are predominantly people with a family history of breast cancer, particularly across multiple generations.

If the cancer is one with a genetic predisposition taking estrogen will substantially increase the propensity you have of getting a similar cancer although there are no statistics i could find as to just what the increase in risk would be. A safe bet would be to assume that it would give you the risk assosciated with a typical female. the australian government produced a risk test based on medical data you can find here:

https://canceraustralia.gov.au/affected-.../calculate

It also includes a lot of information on the risk factors and breast cancer in general.

Have you already talked to your sister about taking Hormones? if so she might be more understanding and make things simpler. Alternately you could just keep things under wraps and continue as normal but i can't imagine broaching the subject with her after her diagnosis (until remission) will go down well.

I would not be concerned whether it is selfish or not. it is important to decide if this is something that makes you happy. If it does, then cutting it out of your life (and making yourself less happy in the process) would probably not be what your sister wants.

Ultimately you need to make the decision if this is something that truly want/ puts you at peace. If so unless you are at high risk I would continue with your program as even if you have a higher propensity I would value your sanity over risk minimisation.

Conversely, if you decide this is peripheral/ not a griping desire it would be safer for you to cut any NBE program out of your life (even physical means like pumping/ massaging will establish breast tissue which can put you at risk)

If you decide to continue on with your program then there are a few things that you can do:
-I would absolutely recommend incorporating natural progesterone into your program as it serves to mitigate a lot of the negative effects of estrogen (as well as improving general breast growth and health - avoid synthetic progesterone as some increase cancer risk rather than reduce it).
-Incorporating hormone balancing herbs or medicines.
-Potentially cutting testosterone blockers from your scheme if they are there already (as testosterone reduces breast cancer risk). This will obviously impact your performance but will undoubtedly be helpful.

I would do the following two suggestions regardless of your decision as they both reduce cancer risk:
-Establish a regular exercise scheme incorporating both low and high intensity exercise.
-If you eat a lot of animal products, consider cutting back and following a diet that matches the latest food pyramid (it's changed a lot in the past few years).

If you read it, i hope my information helps but either way I hope everything works out well for you and your sister.

(04-04-2016, 04:19 PM)LyraL Wrote:  -If you eat a lot of animal products, consider cutting back and following a diet that matches the latest food pyramid (it's changed a lot in the past few years).

This is actually terrible advice. The latest "Food Plate", they not only changed a lot, but the illustration is completely different, does take a few important steps in the right direction, but it takes several major ones in the wrong direction and did NOT eliminate grains (it only reduced them)! It also encourages eating way too many fruits, does not mention the problems with conventional produce and pesticide residue, continues to treat saturated and omega fats as an enemy when the only enemy with fat is trans fat...

Animal products is also a complex subject when it comes to diet. Cutting red meat? You betcha. Cutting fried food is even better though. Fish, poultry, and dairy? Uhm, not so fast! And DEFINITELY don't switch to "no-fat" dairy. Nice, fatty fish like salmon are the richest sources of omega-3 in a natural diet. It's possible to supplement it instead, but it's much better to make sure you eat it normally.

(04-04-2016, 11:12 AM)OHboobs Wrote:  I've had minor progress over the past year and would love to have more.

But.... I just found out my sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Suddenly the reality of having breasts hits me rather hard. If I continue down this path, how likely am i to get breast cancer?

It also seems a bit.... unfair? selfish? that I'm trying to grow breasts at the same time she's facing the prospect of losing hers.

Sorry if I'm not being very coherent in this. didn't get much sleep last night and am still processing everything.

Sorry to hear that. Tell her to eat a lot of cruciferous veggies.
I was about to pop some herbs but now I'm not so sure.
Thanks for sharing and hope she recovers well.

(04-04-2016, 11:12 AM)OHboobs Wrote:  I've had minor progress over the past year and would love to have more.

Sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis.

Having defeated cancer twice personally, I know first hand what is going through her mind. Hopefully it is not major and won't involve a mastectomy. My only suggestion is to have her research nutrition or ph cancer cures. I did a lot of research after my second diagnosis and I wish I had found this before going down the treatment path that was suggested. Lots of info out there that many in the medical world doesn't want anyone to really know about.

My prayers for her, and I have faith you will make the decision that is best for you.

I am so sorry to hear of your sisters cancer..It is a most unpleasant prospect.

I have had my share of bouts with the disease... more than my share actually.. Many operations and treatments later, I am still ticking.

Funny thing is, I never smoked, we always raised all of our own food {gardens, chickens, turkeys, etc,] and no history of cancer in the family..

I guess in my case, the switch was turned off.

Keep positive.. it does help.

My prayers for you and yours.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon