Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fish oil effect on NBE?

(24-10-2022, 03:28 AM)DruLactin Wrote:  I am very sorry to necro a post like this but am i reading this right? fish oil can very likely be more of a hindrance than a benefit? Does that mean i should stop?

-Aria

FYI, I responded to Aria via pm late last night. 

Depends how long you've been taking fish oil and your last labs while using FO, meaning what T, DHT and E2 results. If you notice increased facial hair, oily skin, aggressive moods then yes it's quite possible fish oil is your culprit. Krill oil doesn't carry the dhea factor as far as I remember. I don't remember the impact T/DHT fish oil has in terms of lab results, it's been so long ago. 

Great sleuthing skills digging this relic up.  Big Grin

btw, Elaine if you see this post I miss you friend.  Heart

Should I ditch my sardines ??

Sad

(25-10-2022, 01:34 AM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  Should I ditch my sardines ??

Sad

No, I wouldn't worry about a can or two. Its when someone would double up fish oil capsules that I'd worry.

I take fish oil (Carlson Super DHA Gems - they're awesome) every day (for a long time) and from my own experience, doesn't make a negative dent in this regard. Just had blood work this week and good cholesterol was high. Smile

(25-10-2022, 01:34 AM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  Should I ditch my sardines ??

Sad

Curious, which ones do you like (try lots of them and always open to trying new ones, haven't tried yet)?
It's amazing how much goodness is packed in these little tins!

Bela Mackerel in EVO
King Oscar Sardines, Mediterranean Style
Crown Prince Natural Skinless & Boneless
Trader Joe's Smoked Trout Fillets
MW Polar Herring

I get Beach Cliff & Chicken of the Sea.

The little fish are prolific and sustainable. That DHA fish oil I use is made from anchovy, sardine, and mackerel.

I find the DHA fish oil helps with sleep (I only take it at night as it makes me sleepy during the day). Can't take too much though, as it gives nightmares (there's also research that suggests the same). If I double the dose, I could literally write endless scripts for horror movies with the mayhem that turns up in dreams!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon