Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Abi's temporary program.

As I had just mentioned in a thread where someone asked for real experiences of people trying EGCg, I just took an increased dose of 5 capsules, with a total of 1 gram EGCg in the dose. So far the only side effect I've noticed is caffeine jitter which is likely due to the product I'm using not removing enough of the caffeine content, and, my body just isn't used to caffeine anymore. I haven't experienced caffeine jitter since I left the university I flunked out of. Until now, that is.

Something else I've noticed, and this is a GOOD thing, this dosage of EGCg seems to finally be doing something about craving/appetite suppression which has been one of my biggest hurdles in controlling weight gain with my poorer diet. I haven't eaten anything since around 4pm and it's now around midnight, and I'm not even hungry.

(29-04-2016, 04:53 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Something else I've noticed, and this is a GOOD thing, this dosage of EGCg seems to finally be doing something about craving/appetite suppression which has been one of my biggest hurdles in controlling weight gain with my poorer diet. I haven't eaten anything since around 4pm and it's now around midnight, and I'm not even hungry.
Nice to have that as a side benefit Abi..

I was able to locate and tighten the right knob on the stationary bike in the basement to where it's usable now, as long as you ignore that there's no computer and so you have no idea just how much resistance you're pushing or how many rots you've done, or what you're rpm is, or how long you've been on the damn thing... Ignoring all those problems and just trying to manually maintain an even RPM, it's "usable" Dodgy

The next problem is finding some other way to keep track of how long I'm on it, I can use the kitchen timer for that I suppose, and then figure out a way to keep my mind occupied so I don't get bored doing it. That'd require some kind of portable entertainment device I think. I could try to play games on my PSP for that purpose, but I think I'd lose track of my RPM's if I did that. A better option is reading. With the crap lighting in the basement, paper books are out, so that leaves getting the iPad back from the BF. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen Dodgy

When the proper dieting starts soon I'll have to try with the PSP I guess, nothing else for it.

The local Meijer's was advertising a sale on select models of bathroom scales for $15 each. The boyfriend is supposed to pick one of them up tomorrow for me. He's not interested in using it to monitor his own weight, of course. Rolleyes

You could get one of those lights that straps onto your head to facilitate reading. And if your bike is magnetic you can increase the resistance by placing supermagnets on the bike's magnet. (Wear work gloves to avoid skin pinches if you do.)

(01-05-2016, 12:59 AM)Candace Wrote:  You could get one of those lights that straps onto your head to facilitate reading. And if your bike is magnetic you can increase the resistance by placing supermagnets on the bike's magnet. (Wear work gloves to avoid skin pinches if you do.)

I don't think I could convince the BF to get me one of those headlamps you speak of.

As for the bike, I'd actually prefer a little less tension than is currently on it, but no, it's not magnetic, it's pure cable tightened. The problem is I can't seem to reach a happy level of tension, it's either too much or not enough. I'd like a nice new treadmill is what I'd like. Lowest possible impact, and perfect for endurance cardio, which is essential when your only real goal is to lose mass and you're not being terribly specific about retaining lean mass. I want to lose some lean mass too, actually, to get down to a bare minimum of lean mass before I put it back on in a more female pattern.

Eventually I am going to need to get a gym membership, but I'd kinda like to do this stage of things at home if I can. I'd hate going to a gym looking like I do ATM.

(01-05-2016, 01:25 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(01-05-2016, 12:59 AM)Candace Wrote:  You could get one of those lights that straps onto your head to facilitate reading. And if your bike is magnetic you can increase the resistance by placing supermagnets on the bike's magnet. (Wear work gloves to avoid skin pinches if you do.)

I don't think I could convince the BF to get me one of those headlamps you speak of.

As for the bike, I'd actually prefer a little less tension than is currently on it, but no, it's not magnetic, it's pure cable tightened. The problem is I can't seem to reach a happy level of tension, it's either too much or not enough. I'd like a nice new treadmill is what I'd like. Lowest possible impact, and perfect for endurance cardio, which is essential when your only real goal is to lose mass and you're not being terribly specific about retaining lean mass. I want to lose some lean mass too, actually, to get down to a bare minimum of lean mass before I put it back on in a more female pattern.

Eventually I am going to need to get a gym membership, but I'd kinda like to do this stage of things at home if I can. I'd hate going to a gym looking like I do ATM.

I prefer the elliptical machine for low impact endurance cardio. I remember back when I had a gym membership it worked absolutely every part of my body, was great for toning and weight loss!

Well, it doesn't ultimately matter what I'd like to use, what I have available is what I have available. I just looked out of curiosity and there's no way I could afford either a treadmill or elliptical or new anything. And this barely functional stationary bike is all I have for now. I can maybe do some outdoor riding when the weather warms up with my regular road bike. If I just do a loop around the neighborhood for an hour a day at a just high enough gear that I don't freewheel it should actually be lower muscle impact than the stationary. I'm going to need new shorts though, none of my shorts from last summer fit when I pulled them out of storage. Can't even pull them over my hips lol.

It's muscle impact I want to minimize btw. The goal includes losing lean mass. I don't care so much about skeletal or joint impact, I'm still young enough that those are still okay.

(01-05-2016, 03:48 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Well, it doesn't ultimately matter what I'd like to use, what I have available is what I have available. I just looked out of curiosity and there's no way I could afford either a treadmill or elliptical or new anything. And this barely functional stationary bike is all I have for now. I can maybe do some outdoor riding when the weather warms up with my regular road bike. If I just do a loop around the neighborhood for an hour a day at a just high enough gear that I don't freewheel it should actually be lower muscle impact than the stationary. I'm going to need new shorts though, none of my shorts from last summer fit when I pulled them out of storage. Can't even pull them over my hips lol.

It's muscle impact I want to minimize btw. The goal includes losing lean mass. I don't care so much about skeletal or joint impact, I'm still young enough that those are still okay.

I don't like shorts lol, probably because I don't like my thighs. The day I found leggings was the happiest day of my life (probably exaggerating here). They keep my legs cool in the summer without me having to show my thighs (they also make my legs look a better shape,I have thighs like tree trunks lol)

Ah I see. Normally when I hear low impact I think of joint impact. I have awful ankles and have to wear supports during exercise so I normally stick to low impact (skeletal) which is why I love the elliptical.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon