Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Abi's temporary program.

(10-04-2016, 12:57 AM)missboobshirt Wrote:  
(09-04-2016, 03:38 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(08-04-2016, 03:03 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  [quote='AbiDrew85' pid='176715' dateline='1460062622']
So don't put it on the breast? I have been putting mine there sometimes-- I read online that it was okay :/ I cycle it on my wrist, neck, palms, feet, ankles and upper chest and breast. So no more directly on the boobies?

I don't and wouldn't advise it.

Okay, thank you-- i'll stop putting it there. Are the other areas I listed okay?

Well, to me, upper chest and breasts are the same thing, but you listed then separately, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

(10-04-2016, 01:11 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(10-04-2016, 12:57 AM)missboobshirt Wrote:  
(09-04-2016, 03:38 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(08-04-2016, 03:03 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  [quote='AbiDrew85' pid='176715' dateline='1460062622']
So don't put it on the breast? I have been putting mine there sometimes-- I read online that it was okay :/ I cycle it on my wrist, neck, palms, feet, ankles and upper chest and breast. So no more directly on the boobies?

I don't and wouldn't advise it.

Okay, thank you-- i'll stop putting it there. Are the other areas I listed okay?

Well, to me, upper chest and breasts are the same thing, but you listed then separately, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

I think she means the space between the top of her breasts and her collarbones

(10-04-2016, 01:15 AM)Katana Wrote:  I think she means the space between the top of her breasts and her collarbones

Well, if that's it then there's definitely still too much subcutaneous fat there too. I really can't see how this can refer to any area in which it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Okay, thanks Abi Smile Tongue

I'm still eating poorly, but I've been eating foods which are SLIGHTLY a step up from the ramen I was eating when I got hurt taking EGCg and so resumed the EGCg routine... So far so good as far as having no resumption of side effects. If I start to feel even the faintest indication of it I'll stop again and stay off it until I get on an all new diet.

I'm currently eating 4 eggs scrambled with hot pepper and basil about an hour after I get up, taking all those pills mentioned back in the first post right when I get up, and eating a variety of packaged pasta's and rice meals twice a day that are balanced according to the USDA (which is very very wrong, but still better than ramen.) This also costs roughly twice as much as ramen. It'll be difficult finding things that'll be according to a ketogenic diet that'll be safely within even our slightly expanded budget when the partner starts getting the pay from the new job, but hopefully possible.

(16-04-2016, 03:31 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I'm still eating poorly, but I've been eating foods which are SLIGHTLY a step up from the ramen I was eating when I got hurt taking EGCg and so resumed the EGCg routine... So far so good as far as having no resumption of side effects. If I start to feel even the faintest indication of it I'll stop again and stay off it until I get on an all new diet.

I'm currently eating 4 eggs scrambled with hot pepper and basil about an hour after I get up, taking all those pills mentioned back in the first post right when I get up, and eating a variety of packaged pasta's and rice meals twice a day that are balanced according to the USDA (which is very very wrong, but still better than ramen.) This also costs roughly twice as much as ramen. It'll be difficult finding things that'll be according to a ketogenic diet that'll be safely within even our slightly expanded budget when the partner starts getting the pay from the new job, but hopefully possible.

A good diet, etc etc..

I wish that I could eat a decent meal.. I have real problems keeping weight on.. I am pretty much limited in my diet.. Salads [very small ones], yoghurt [lots], cheese... Sometimes [rarely] a half a burger.

No bread, which is a shame because we make the most exquisite breads.. raisin/oatmeal, cranberry, four flour [we grind all of our own]. Smells great; just does not agree with me

I'm posting about two things right now.

First, I'm starting noticing some return of tiredness, but it doesn't feel the same as when I suffered early stage liver toxicity. I think what might be happening is that I've been taking my thyroid glandular together with all my other hour-before-food supplements, and I just read that this can reduce the absorption of the thyroid hormones in the glandular. I'm going to try splitting these pills, take the thyroid on an empty stomach, then take the rest a half hour later after hopefully the thyroid has had a chance to mostly if not fully absorb, then wait an hour before eating... This means I'll need to fast an additional half hour over what I've been doing upon first waking. Doable. I don't think I could push this to one hour between each, so hopefully this works.

The second is that I am about to finally run out of the fish oil I've been using. As previously mentioned, this product was ethyl ester form, considering that this form absorbs poorly and has associated risks, and triglyceride form, while if natural it absorbs better, is androgenic, I tried looking at my options for a phospolipid form. Krill is WAY too expensive. Sorry all you krill fans, I just can't afford to use krill oil. However, I did find that my local Bassett's Health Food store carries this: http://www.nordicnaturals.com/en/Product...rodID=1654

~$30 for a 15 day supply? Yeah. We can handle that with the better pay from the new job and still afford to eat. It's not much more expensive than anything in triglyceride form. And yes, while the recommended serving on the product page suggests it should last 30 days, research shows that when in phospholipid form, all the benefits of omega 3 oils peak at a 2 gram a day dose. If I convince the BF to take it too it'll be a 7 day supply, still not bad, especially if there's two people taking it. I won't be trying to convince him, and I doubt he would even if I tried unless we made at least twice as much as his new job will be paying.

So this morning I was like OMG WOW when I did my morning ritual of checking just how fat I am. By eyeball it looked like I'd shed about an inch or more from my belly, so I decided now would be a good time to update my measurements from the only other time I measured, the beginning.

Starting measurements:
Thigh circumference = 26.5"
Hips = 45"
Waist = 40"
Underbust = 39.5"
Bust = 43"
Overbust = 39.5"

Current measurements:
Thigh circumference = 26.5"
Hips = 45"
Waist = 39"
Underbust = 39"
Bust = 44"
Overbust = 40"

Measurement deltas:
Thigh circumference = 0"
Hips = 0"
Waist = -1"
Underbust = -0.5"
Bust = +1"
Overbust = +0.5"

As you can see by my convenient little inclusion at the end so you don't have to calculate it yourself, I AM making progress on both of my stated goals! And I haven't even gone on a diet yet! I dropped an inch from my waist and added it to my bust! YAY! Unfortunately it seems my thighs are being even more ornery than my belly now. I don't mind the hips staying the same, hell, I'd love for that to continue, I'd only need to be able to reach 36" waist to get nice feminine curves if the hips stay at 45". I wouldn't want to exceed a loss to 31" if the hips stay unchanged. However, I suspect this won't remain consistent. I'll eventually start losing from my hips too.

For an update from yesterday, I was more tired today, BUT I went to bed really late, and once I was up I was up, which is an improvement, I also didn't have ANY aches this morning. So I'd say I discovered this problem correctly and nipped it quickly. I am surprised though, I mean, I've lived on an underperforming thyroid for years and never felt nearly that awful. I guess when you get used to feeling better the difference is even more noticeable?

Anyways... From my experiences with my trial at EGCg I would recommend anyone using it to do pretty much the same as I am, though I'd recommend a different omega 3 source, I'll be switching myself soon, I only have a half dose of the old pills left, the boyfriend is supposed to go shopping today or tomorrow, hopefully today, but if tomorrow that half dose will be better than nothing. Additionally, do not make any of the mistakes I made. Eat at least marginally decent food, not ramen, or you will cause liver damage, and do not mix thyroid medication and your EGCg + synergistic additions if you are on thyroid medication, whether self-prescribed or via a doctor. If you ARE seeing a doctor, let them know that you are taking these things so they may advise you on what to look out for with mixing with any other medications, however, I'd advise caution myself and dividing your main medications and EGCg synergistic blend into separate dose times, especially if that medication says to be taken on an empty stomach. Progress with EGCg is definitely slow, but it's definitely there. So I suggest patience to anyone who plans on using it.

Until my next update then!

OK, I lied, a little. This isn't really an update, just a little news report. I will be starting to use the Nordic Naturals Algae Omega with my program starting tomorrow, the boyfriend just got back from the shopping with that product in the bag. Good news is that Bassett's marks it down to only a bit over $25, so it's even cheaper than I was expecting him to have to spend on it. That'll be about $2 less a week than I was expecting. Bassett's has a habit of marking less popular products down, and since I USUALLY use less popular products, I find I tend to spend less there than the other local supplement stores. Still not as low as I could spend shopping through Swanson's online, but I don't have a job and the BF dislikes online shopping.

Hey Abi Smile I wanted to ask-- do you like to work out? I know how hard it is to eat healthy when you're broke Sad That was my problem in the first place (malnutrition) I know weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise but if youre trying to lose on your tummy you should look into calisthenics and core work outs ^_^ That is how I maintain my waist-- also waist training, but I had to save up for that Tongue Just some 2 cents to consider adding to your plan if you're not already doing it ^^=

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon