Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Abi's temporary program.

(21-03-2016, 03:50 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(21-03-2016, 03:04 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Abi,
I think this is what I was looking at:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=23128&pid=170155#pid170155

From "~Missb's Program~ " page 41, and indicates fish oil boosts DHEA and free T. Probably what I was looking at....

She's got the links in the post. :-)

-Dianna

Not anything that fulfills my requirements though. Nothing remotely academic at all. Just an unsubstantiated claim that fish oil inhibits SHBG, thereby increasing those hormones due to lack of SHBG. I'm sorry, but I require evidence.

Abi,
What about Lotus's comments here? (No background supplied, but I'm sure we could look it up.)

"Fish oil raises DHEA (more so of free T) by an increase of lutenizing hormone."
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=25847&pid=175013#pid175013

What I've found is, I'm growing hair on my upper arms again. Sad
That means DHT is up, and likely T as well. Now, whether the two are related I cannot confirm, but I didn't see this until I started massive fish oil doses, as in 3600+ mg/ dose, two doses a day - so, 7.2 grams+/day, plus I'm taking the algea-based version for Omega 3s as well, I figure that's another 1,000/day easy. (I'm desperately seeking to reduce stress and inflammation. Fish oil helps inflammation...)

-Dianna

(23-03-2016, 04:39 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Abi,
What about Lotus's comments here? (No background supplied, but I'm sure we could look it up.)

"Fish oil raises DHEA (more so of free T) by an increase of lutenizing hormone."

That means DHT is up, and likely T as well. Now, whether the two are related I cannot confirm, but I didn't see this until I started massive fish oil doses, as in 3600+ mg/ dose, two doses a day - so, 7.2 grams+/day, plus I'm taking the algea-based version for Omega 3s as well, I figure that's another 1,000/day easy. (I'm desperately seeking to reduce stress and inflammation. Fish oil helps inflammation...)

-Dianna

Well, damn. That IS one hell of a mega-dose though. I'm only using 1 gram a day right now to help absorption of the EGCg that I'm really after.

Are you absolutely sure it's not just coincidence that your hair regrowth cycle just happened that way? Had you previously been years without growth there? I've never BEEN without hair on every inch of my body, grows back really fast too...

EDIT: BTW, Lotus HAS already commented here, and it was after you initially brought this up, why didn't they mention their sources for me then? Lotus already well knows how I operate.

(23-03-2016, 04:52 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(23-03-2016, 04:39 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Abi,

-Dianna

Well, damn. That IS one hell of a mega-dose though. I'm only using 1 gram a day right now to help absorption of the EGCg that I'm really after.

Are you absolutely sure it's not just coincidence that your hair regrowth cycle just happened that way? Had you previously been years without growth there? I've never BEEN without hair on every inch of my body, grows back really fast too...

Poor girl.... ;-)
But, yes - I've rarely had much hair growth on upper arms. Want to keep hair on my head, too, and ... It's not working as well as I'd like. I can see it, I can see my scalp, and I first went to pharma to stop hair loss. (Not that it helped much, as seen in my photos. Since you commented there, and are still reading, you at least didn't go blind.)

The pics showed the receded front hairline, there's also noticeable thinning on top, and it's been about the same for years. But right now, the diet is priority, and at the moment - there's no wiggle room. (Funny, she doesn't work, there's no wiggle room. She does work, there's still no wiggle room. {sigh})

(23-03-2016, 04:52 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  EDIT: BTW, Lotus HAS already commented here, and it was after you initially brought this up, why didn't they mention their sources for me then? Lotus already well knows how I operate.

LOL
There is SO MUCH here, it's impossible to search correctly with the primitive tools we have.
With newer tools? Probably not much better! Threads go off in all directions, and you forget... We'd have to be indexing things based on individual words, like Google's bots do. :-)
-Dianna

This morning I woke up extremely weak and uncoordinated everywhere. I literally ache in places I still didn't even know COULD ache. I don't know if I've caught something yet or if this is a side-effect or if something else entirely has occurred. I do know I want this weakness shit to go away. I fell out of bed this morning, and then fell down the stairs, just trying to get to the toilet. I was able to prevent injury either time, but for now I'm staying downstairs. I can move, albeit stiffly and painfully, without falling, as long as I don't try to lift or reach much. Which is why bed and stairs == collapse.

Awww Abi!
I hope you feel better soon!
Stay rested and drink plenty hun
Maybe get yourself to a doctor?

(24-03-2016, 01:48 PM)ArcaneKatana Wrote:  Awww Abi!

Thanks for your concern. Unfortunately, I can't afford a doctor, so the only way I'm going in is if it persists long enough to fall under the serious emergency clause that's the only way people in my position get free medical care where I live. I hope it passes in a day or two though, my BF really does not need the stress of having me in the ER.

(24-03-2016, 01:59 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(24-03-2016, 01:48 PM)ArcaneKatana Wrote:  Awww Abi!

Thanks for your concern. Unfortunately, I can't afford a doctor, so the only way I'm going in is if it persists long enough to fall under the serious emergency clause that's the only way people in my position get free medical care where I live. I hope it passes in a day or two though, my BF really does not need the stress of having me in the ER.

Abi be worse if you collapse and he doesn't know what to do or you hit your head on the way down (been there, incapacitated for a month in the process)
Exaggerate your Symptons although doesn't sound like ou need to and get to the ER.
Hope u feel better soon.

I did some searching and it seems my symptoms could align with early signs of liver damage, and that in large enough doses with certain other conditions met, too much EGCg supplementation can cause liver toxicity. For now I am going to skip the next few days and evaluate. I might after recovering resume with only a third as much and see if that proves safe for now. In a couple weeks when the partner starts getting pay checks from the new job I'll see what I can add to reduce the liver impact at more concentrated doses. It's going to require extensive research into the anti-oxidant chain.

What apparently happens is that at high blood concentration with just the right mix of oxidative stressors and other anti-oxidants the anti-oxidative quality of the EGCg gets turned on itself, becoming its own source of oxidative stress without enough of the next anti-oxidants in the chain to scavenge the radicals formed by the EGCg with the lessor radicals it scavenged in turn.

The good news in all of this is that it means I was indeed getting my blood concentration of EGCg nice and high from my synergistic combo... But it's going to take more work to make it safe long term, with more supplements to protect my liver from the oxidative stress being introduced at this time, and also to ensure I don't just shift the danger somewhere else, it won't just be liver anti-oxidants I may need to add, thus the extensive research. The complete chain of free radicals and anti-oxidants to scavenge them is not a field I've done any previous study in.

It may be I can find a pre-made synergistic blend to take the liver damaging radicals all the way to an inert form, that'd be nice... But it would require the aforementioned research. I'm not risking any further damage to any of my other organs.

(24-03-2016, 07:50 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Abi be worse if you collapse and he doesn't know what to do or you hit your head on the way down (been there, incapacitated for a month in the process)
Exaggerate your Symptons although doesn't sound like ou need to and get to the ER.
Hope u feel better soon.

I know, or if I collapse and can't recover on my own and no one else is even here.

See my last post, started before you posted. I also will add that if this persists or worsens by Saturday I will be going to the ER complaining of possible liver damage, explaining any and all symptoms up to that point, what I was taking, that I stopped when I realized what may have occurred, etc. I'm not taking any more chances than I can't avoid. I know how things work here, and what it takes to get the bill waiver. My life is important and might be at risk, but saving it isn't worth a damn if it just makes it even more impossible to survive and we both end up dead later.

(24-03-2016, 08:06 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(24-03-2016, 07:50 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Abi be worse if you collapse and he doesn't know what to do or you hit your head on the way down (been there, incapacitated for a month in the process)
Hope u feel better soon.

I know, or if I collapse and can't recover on my own and no one else is even here.

See my last post, started before you posted. I also will add that if this persists or worsens by Saturday I will be going to the ER complaining of possible liver damage, explaining any and all symptoms up to that point, what I was taking, that I stopped when I realized what may have occurred, etc. I'm not taking any more chances than I can't avoid. I know how things work here, and what it takes to get the bill waiver. My life is important and might be at risk, but saving it isn't worth a damn if it just makes it even more impossible to survive and we both end up dead later.
Too fkn right

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon