Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

herbal anti-androgens

Hi, I am new to the site. I am a 58yo genetic male.I have been taking SP and fenugreek and black cohosh for 54 months with some minimal breast growth. I am starting on PM this week and will be taking 2@500 daily. I was wondering about SP, have noticed it may be a problem long term. I know I got dizzy when taking 2@1000mg and now down to once a day. Has anyone alternated SP licorice and white peony or some such combo to keep testosterone down? Also Is 2@500 for PM sufficient?
Thanks, Kristy

I felt I had the best results with white peony + PM. Smile (tried SP and FG as well but WP was the best).

thank you Tasha, I think I may give WP a try.

Hello Kristy.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I'm not sure about licorice, but I think Lenneth and Abidrew have some experience with white peony. Alternating between anti-androgens is a new idea to me. Spearmint has been my preference and I'm happy to use that as my sole anti-androgen.

1,000 mg of pm sounds more like a maintenance dose than a dose intended for growth. I think the baseline amount for bio-males is 2,000 mg, but your mileage can vary of course.

Thank you so much flamesaber, I was reading, as you mentioned in your wordpress blog, that slowly increasing PM is a good idea. When would you suggest increasing the dose.? Spearmint would be great if it kept my testosterone down. I believe my levels are lower than average anyway. I have never had a lot of body hair which I guess is an indication. Anyway thanks for the info, if you ever have other ideas I would appreciate the help. Kristy

Hi
I am 52 and taking 1000mg per day
No anti androgen
And obtaining growth

Julie

(21-02-2016, 03:03 AM)kristy87 Wrote:  Thank you so much flamesaber, I was reading, as you mentioned in your wordpress blog, that slowly increasing PM is a good idea. When would you suggest increasing the dose.? Spearmint would be great if it kept my testosterone down. I believe my levels are lower than average anyway. I have never had a lot of body hair which I guess is an indication. Anyway thanks for the info, if you ever have other ideas I would appreciate the help. Kristy

I would suggest increasing the dosage in a week or so.

(21-02-2016, 02:12 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Hello Kristy.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I'm not sure about licorice, but I think Lenneth and Abidrew have some experience with white peony. Alternating between anti-androgens is a new idea to me. Spearmint has been my preference and I'm happy to use that as my sole anti-androgen.

1,000 mg of pm sounds more like a maintenance dose than a dose intended for growth. I think the baseline amount for bio-males is 2,000 mg, but your mileage can vary of course.

I have used both White Peony, and Reishi, having better results with Reishi atm.

its mostly down to finding what works best for you, personally my body is absurdly efficient at creating DHT, so as a result the Reishi works better, for others, White Peony or even Saw Palmetto might work just fine, everyone is different.

The 1000 mg to start is just fine, do that for a week and add a third 500 mg cap mid day. do this for a week also.

then its time for growth. two caps morning on empty stomach about a half hour before breakfast. Two before bed. I tried some different other supps and settled on peony root extract. really gives me nice areolas.

recently added dandelion root tea for liver detox. I had been doing one half a lemon and thought I'd like a change and there seems to be a benefit to the dandelion too.

I've been on PM since late August 2014.Cool

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon