Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

DHT

This is all way over my head...so if i take 500mg of SP say once before bed, when I wake and one in the afternoon I should be covered? Or maybe I should convert to green tea extract or both! Smile

Sasha, that's what I'm doing. Three SP pills a day and two GTE pills. I'm using these. The polyphenols are at 98% and the EGCG content is 409 mg/serving. As it stands, I've certainly gotten no adverse effects from combining the two.

(12-02-2016, 10:58 AM)Dana Mantra Eon Wrote:  Sasha, that's what I'm doing. Three SP pills a day and two GTE pills. I'm using these. The polyphenols are at 98% and the EGCG content is 409 mg/serving. As it stands, I've certainly gotten no adverse effects from combining the two.

As expensive as those GTE pills are, I find it cheaper to use more of the Swanson's instead. But if you're not used to taking giant fistfuls of pills multiple times a day and have the funds, then I can see the lure of the more expensive product.

What about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Extract-Supplement-Weight-Loss/dp/B013XKP3TG/ref=sr_1_5?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1455303105&sr=1-5&keywords=green+tea+extract

I've been using Zhou Nutrition for SP...I just kind of go based on reviewers opinions because truthfully I have no idea which companies offer filler pills. They always seem to be on sale so it's maybe middle ground price wise.

(12-02-2016, 07:54 PM)Sasha Star Wrote:  What about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Extract-Supplement-Weight-Loss/dp/B013XKP3TG/ref=sr_1_5?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1455303105&sr=1-5&keywords=green+tea+extract

I've been using Zhou Nutrition for SP...I just kind of go based on reviewers opinions because truthfully I have no idea which companies offer filler pills. They always seem to be on sale so it's maybe middle ground price wise.

Again, the Swanson's wins hands down on price. But it is slightly closer. Unfortunately, both the previous products attempt to remove the caffeine, while this one does not. If I were interested in trying to minimize the number of pills I took and money was no object, then I'd rather go with what Dana linked. 60% egcg is tough to beat. The Zhou is 45%, and while we don't know the egcg of the Swanson's per label, we can extrapolate that it'd be about 35% using a little linear algebra. In other words, you're pretty much going to need to double either the Zhou or Swanson to reach the same effective dose as the Relentless, and with the Zhou you have to worry about caffeine. If I'm trying to save money, I would go with the Swanson. If money is no object and I want to minimize the number of pills used for NBE, I would go with the Relentless. If money is no object and my goal is weight loss not NBE, then I might consider the Zhou, because the caffeine may actually be beneficial to that use and you really don't need as much anyway.

(05-01-2016, 11:09 PM)Lotus Wrote:  I think we have an answer, Green Tea Extract- GTE inhibits prostate cancer by reducing the cell growth and blocks the androgen receptor. Green tea extract need to be @ 60-80% in EGCG polyphenols though. The dosage needs to be determined, recommend use is 2-3 capsules per day, I'm thinking it's slightly more (4-5?) from what this study says. Would this elimante the need for other anti-androgens?, possibly. Soooo- I see a good plan as follows: (though, it's up to you, it won't hurt my feelings). Wink

Quick question Lotus...

For the number of capsules, does the mg matter or just the % polyphenols?

For instance the link posted for Swanson's says they are 60%, 500 mg whereas the eBay vendor that was posted states their's are 95%, 4500 mg of Green Tea Extract from 150 mg of a concentrated 45:1 extract with 142.5 mg Polyphenols.

(13-02-2016, 01:50 PM)Scotti Wrote:  
(05-01-2016, 11:09 PM)Lotus Wrote:  I think we have an answer, Green Tea Extract- GTE inhibits prostate cancer by reducing the cell growth and blocks the androgen receptor. Green tea extract need to be @ 60-80% in EGCG polyphenols though. The dosage needs to be determined, recommend use is 2-3 capsules per day, I'm thinking it's slightly more (4-5?) from what this study says. Would this elimante the need for other anti-androgens?, possibly. Soooo- I see a good plan as follows: (though, it's up to you, it won't hurt my feelings). Wink

Quick question Lotus...

For the number of capsules, does the mg matter or just the % polyphenols?

For instance the link posted for Swanson's says they are 60%, 500 mg whereas the eBay vendor that was posted states their's are 95%, 4500 mg of Green Tea Extract from 150 mg of a concentrated 45:1 extract with 142.5 mg Polyphenols.

Yes, mg matters too. What that 4500 mg number is is that it's the other way around. It's 150 mg extract from 4500 mg tea, with 142.5 mg polyphenols. You'd have to take about three of those to equal the Relentless brand.

If one is already taking dutasteride, is there a reason to take GTE?

(13-02-2016, 05:19 PM)spanky Wrote:  If one is already taking dutasteride, is there a reason to take GTE?

Yes. GTE aromatizes testosterone, it has no effect on DHT other than through chain reaction. By aromatizing testosterone, not as much testosterone gets converted to DHT. But you can still further block DHT with something that specifically targets 5AR. Alternatively, if you are already blocking DHT with something that specifically targets 5AR, you can still use something to decrease testosterone. As long as that's something you want. Using both almost guarantees a decrease in male function, and could even chemically castrate.

(13-02-2016, 05:31 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016, 05:19 PM)spanky Wrote:  If one is already taking dutasteride, is there a reason to take GTE?

Yes. GTE aromatizes testosterone, it has no effect on DHT other than through chain reaction. By aromatizing testosterone, not as much testosterone gets converted to DHT. But you can still further block DHT with something that specifically targets 5AR. Alternatively, if you are already blocking DHT with something that specifically targets 5AR, you can still use something to decrease testosterone. As long as that's something you want. Using both almost guarantees a decrease in male function, and could even chemically castrate.

Thanks! (As to whether it is something I want, sometimes it is and sometimes not.)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon