Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

DHT

I'm confused...
I understand DHT is the bad stuff an its best to minimize its production.
SP, WP, and Reishi, and some others are the herb of choice to block the DHT.
Now my confusion is .. When is DHT produced and when is it best to take the blocker.
I've red here that DHT is produced at 8:00am.
Is this standard time or DST? If I move to Europe (6 time zones away) When is my DHT being made 8am body time or 8am local time? And how does my body know anyway?
I've also read that I should take the blockers at say 10:00 AM when production is low. It seems to me that I should take the blockers at the peak time to stop them as opposed to when they are at a low.
Help
Bobbi

That's a good question. I would assume the 8:00am listed is to do with a person's normal daily schedule. As I get up at 5:00 to be at work for 6:30, it's possible my 8:00am may be much earlier. Neither do I have the time to take my WP and wait 45 mins to take the PM. My PM and WP are within 15 mins of each other.

I'm looking forward to the answer to this !

Hiya :-)

As I understand it, DHT peaks an hour or two after waking which would average out at around 8ish, with decreasing peaks as the day goes on. Only sure way to know your personal rhythms of course would be blood tests. Speaking personally I will admit that's around the time I have to work a bit harder to beat the little monster down. Purely anecdotal of course but seems to fit the pattern.

Remember Lotus describing trying to drop DHT when it's peaking as trying to slow down a steam train with the taps wide open! (or something like that) Pretty much wasting the effort and it's far more effective to wait until things have quietened and let the blockers do their job and not be fighting against the tide.

Huggy.

Thanks all.
That makes a lot more sense!
How did you all get so smart??
Bobbi

Google
Lol
X

I can only relate what my doctor said after prescribing Spiro for my blood pressure . She suggested taking it morning or no later than noon.

She explained that spiro aggravates my gyne by nearly stopping DHT. And that by keeping on a regular regimen, my body would adjust and slowly slow DHT to almost negligible amounts. And boosting what ever Estrogen my body already made on it's own.

Now granted, she is no Endo, but I think it's the easiest explanation for a novice to understand...

I would think that since herbs are far weaker, that what Lotus said is very true. It's just not strong enough, nor does it last long enough to put a stop to a fully functioning Endo system. Spiro, I suspect, has a far greater chance.

Spiro does not bring t down
It actually just blocks the receptors so disabling t

Julie

(04-01-2016, 09:18 PM)iaboy Wrote:  I can only relate what my doctor said after prescribing Spiro for my blood pressure . She suggested taking it morning or no later than noon.

She explained that spiro aggravates my gyne by nearly stopping DHT. And that by keeping on a regular regimen, my body would adjust and slowly slow DHT to almost negligible amounts. And boosting what ever Estrogen my body already made on it's own.

Now granted, she is no Endo, but I think it's the easiest explanation for a novice to understand...

I would think that since herbs are far weaker, that what Lotus said is very true. It's just not strong enough, nor does it last long enough to put a stop to a fully functioning Endo system. Spiro, I suspect, has a far greater chance.

DHT is like playing "whack a mole"..........it finds a pathways for docking (binding). I say we go further upstream before DHT can find certain pathways.

I've found the answer if anyone is interested in (near) complete androgen suppression.

Yes please I would like to hear it lotus.

yes Lotus, I'd like to hear it also.
Thanks
Bobbi

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon