Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

NBE and Diabetes

Loooong time lurker.... Rarely post Blush
Anyone on here have type 2 diabetes and
doing NBE?

Hi 6of1.

I was diagnosed about two years ago with type 2. Managed to bring it under control without meds and my last set of tests had me close enough to the normal zone not to have to worry anymore. However, as I am sure you know that once you have diabetes it's not a case of a cure but management. But with a bit of care it can be controlled. Especially if caught early which mine was.

Started my NBE programme and after a faltering start managed to get real progress underway. Surprisingly so if I am honest. So I can say this stuff does actually work. But..... and you knew this was coming didn't you?

Being overweight is often associated with type 2 and is the case for me. I had an effective weight loss programme in place and the weight was going down steadily. Until the NBE got into full swing. Now, not only has the weight loss stopped it is actually creeping up again. At first I put it down to the squishy hips & butt and growth upstairs, which was rather welcome. But then I noticed my waist was also getting bigger again and it wasn't just the female pattern fat that was growing it was the male pattern too.

I also noticed a distinct drop in energy levels, which can be an issue as one of the essential methods of controlling type 2 is exercise and fitness.

Unfortunately I also have CFS (chronic fatigue) which makes it difficult for me to say absolutely that NBE is the cause, but for me I am having to seriously consider the possibility that my NBE programme is exacerbating my type 2 and CFS. To the point that I have (literally) just taken the decision to take a break and try to get myself back onto a firm footing.

I have my next set of blood tests coming up soon which hopefully will clarify things for me. I suspect the diabetes hasn't kicked off again, at least not to a worrying level. But as I have said elsewhere, even a great pair of boobies and curvy butt is of little consolation if you are too poorly to enjoy them.

From what I have been learning I suspect it should be possible to design a programme that actually supports type 2 (still thinking about that one). My plan is to get my weight back on a downwards trajectory and activity levels up again and to use the time to fine tune a new programme.

What I have been able to confirm so far is that studies have shown that Fenugreek can be effective with treating diabetes. Green tea is an essential component. And Evening Primrose Oil should definitely be on you list. Apart from NBE and general health, EPO has been proven to help with type 2 symptoms, and from my own experience the tingling in the extremities I had started to experience disappeared once I started with the EPO.

I do not pretend to be an expert but this has been my experience so far. We are all lerning huh?

Huggy.

Lucky to be alive after Diabetes II, loosing 160 pounds, and other many health issues.

(12-11-2015, 12:23 PM)Huggy Wrote:  Hi 6of1.

I was diagnosed about two years ago with type 2. Managed to bring it under control without meds and my last set of tests had me close enough to the normal zone not to have to worry anymore. However, as I am sure you know that once you have diabetes it's not a case of a cure but management. But with a bit of care it can be controlled. Especially if caught early which mine was.

Started my NBE programme and after a faltering start managed to get real progress underway. Surprisingly so if I am honest. So I can say this stuff does actually work. But..... and you knew this was coming didn't you?

Being overweight is often associated with type 2 and is the case for me. I had an effective weight loss programme in place and the weight was going down steadily. Until the NBE got into full swing. Now, not only has the weight loss stopped it is actually creeping up again. At first I put it down to the squishy hips & butt and growth upstairs, which was rather welcome. But then I noticed my waist was also getting bigger again and it wasn't just the female pattern fat that was growing it was the male pattern too.

I also noticed a distinct drop in energy levels, which can be an issue as one of the essential methods of controlling type 2 is exercise and fitness.

Unfortunately I also have CFS (chronic fatigue) which makes it difficult for me to say absolutely that NBE is the cause, but for me I am having to seriously consider the possibility that my NBE programme is exacerbating my type 2 and CFS. To the point that I have (literally) just taken the decision to take a break and try to get myself back onto a firm footing.

I have my next set of blood tests coming up soon which hopefully will clarify things for me. I suspect the diabetes hasn't kicked off again, at least not to a worrying level. But as I have said elsewhere, even a great pair of boobies and curvy butt is of little consolation if you are too poorly to enjoy them.

From what I have been learning I suspect it should be possible to design a programme that actually supports type 2 (still thinking about that one). My plan is to get my weight back on a downwards trajectory and activity levels up again and to use the time to fine tune a new programme.

What I have been able to confirm so far is that studies have shown that Fenugreek can be effective with treating diabetes. Green tea is an essential component. And Evening Primrose Oil should definitely be on you list. Apart from NBE and general health, EPO has been proven to help with type 2 symptoms, and from my own experience the tingling in the extremities I had started to experience disappeared once I started with the EPO.

I do not pretend to be an expert but this has been my experience so far. We are all lerning huh?

Huggy.

I was diagnosed with type 2 about a month and half ago, but, after the initial shock I switched into over - drive mode (my personality Tongue ) I had my numbers down to better levels within a week...

I am on metformin, but the GP says he felt the pills could be reduced and possibly eliminated IF I keep up the down ward progress
in numbers.

Yup, for me it was weight, with the trigger of stress hormones.... Sad

I have lost 27 pounds in the last couple of months...

Most of that since the diagnosis.

I have been concerned about interactions between the Metformin
and things like PM, FG or EPO. I am back into my exercise routine
again, and have kept with it for the past 6 weeks, gotten to
the point where the exercise is getting to be a bit of an addiction
on its own. Rolleyes

Am actually seeing some results from the exercises, though
I am not fully back up to speed with them yet.

Yeh, it is a bit of a shock to hear that diagnosis. Stress was the main trigger for me too. But as you are finding, it is something that you can actually do something about and not just pop pills and hope. Having a target to work to and the motivation of if you don't do something your health is on the line does focus the mind.

Excellent work on the exercise and weight loss and I think you are right to be cautious about interactions, but from what I can gather Metaformin is reasonably neutral. I can only speak from personal experience, but I was on it for a while and I can't say I noticed any issues.

It seems that many of the tools used in NBE can actually have a positive effect on diabetes, EPO in particular. But I will be honest with you, what I have found indicates that if dealing with diabetes and trying NBE, a slower approach may be necessary. But I believe it can be done though. I am still on the learning curve myself and if you would like to have a chat about what I have found so far let me know.

I don't know about diabetes and NBE, but if I had diabetes or heart disease my first step would be to switch to a whole food plant based no oil diet. The one way of eating clinically proven to halt and reverse both diseases.

Preparing to Prescribe Plant-Based Diets for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment

Simple Care for Diabetes

PCRM Diabetes Resources

Diet, Drugs and Diabetes - One Hundred Years of Missed Opportunities

Diet and Diabetes: Recipes for Success

The Starch Solution - John McDougall MD

Dr. McDougall - Hot Topics - Diabetes

Diabetes as a Disease of Fat Toxicity

If White Rice is Linked to Diabetes, What About China?

Nutritionfacts - Diabetes

Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell Esselstyn Jr. MD

A way to reverse CAD? - Dr. Esselstyn

(14-11-2015, 08:54 AM)Huggy Wrote:  Yeh, it is a bit of a shock to hear that diagnosis. Stress was the main trigger for me too. But as you are finding, it is something that you can actually do something about and not just pop pills and hope. Having a target to work to and the motivation of if you don't do something your health is on the line does focus the mind.

Yeah, I hate to pop pills, if I can avoid it...
I also have to take pills for acid reflux, none of the natural
remedies I tried have worked for more than a couple of minutes. Sad

(14-11-2015, 08:54 AM)Huggy Wrote:  Excellent work on the exercise and weight loss and I think you are right to be cautious about interactions, but from what I can gather Metaformin is reasonably neutral. I can only speak from personal experience, but I was on it for a while and I can't say I noticed any issues.

Thanks. Smile

I started the exercise routine a couple of years ago, then
injured a knee, which caused me to go sedentary to heal the knee which brought the weight gain on. The knee has taken a couple of years to
heal, I have now lost almost all the weight I gained in that time, but
the damage is done. Sad Thankfully, it's not type 1.

Still, with the 26 or so pounds lost since diagnosis, it makes a total of
about 65 pounds gone. Smile Only 85 more to go (I was considered
morbidly obese) to get back to where I was - my ideal weight - 25 years
ago. I may try adding some fg into the diet, and some sp...

(14-11-2015, 08:54 AM)Huggy Wrote:  It seems that many of the tools used in NBE can actually have a positive effect on diabetes, EPO in particular. But I will be honest with you, what I have found indicates that if dealing with diabetes and trying NBE, a slower approach may be necessary. But I believe it can be done though. I am still on the learning curve myself and if you would like to have a chat about what I have found so far let me know.

Yeah, I am a slowly but surely goes it type anyway, so no trouble.

(12-11-2015, 09:11 PM)iam72hrstv Wrote:  Lucky to be alive after Diabetes II, loosing 160 pounds, and other many health issues.

Yeah, the weight loss stuff is a pretty difficult part of the process...
The diabetes just moved me into high gear on that one.

I have a few other health issues as well, but thankfully, the Doctor
caught this within three weeks of this going from pre to type 2.

So no tinglies in the extremities, no real vision issues.

Will admit that I am decidedly pill adverse too. Think a lot of us have become deeply suspicious of the pharma industry. But can't deny that they have over the years produced some very effective treatments. As with so much nowadays it's a matter of don't believe the hype and do your homework. After all, even "natural" remedies can still come with side effects and consequences. But acid reflux is 'orrible! :-(

REALLY wish I could get a proper exercise programme in place. Unfortunately the Chronic Fatigue can be a bear to deal with sometimes. If I go slightly over my limit it takes days to get back on my feet. Almost literally 1 step forwards 2 steps back. But I had a plan that was working and just need to get back to it. As you mention, being sedentary is a surefire way to pile on the lbs.

Majorly impressed with your weight loss! Can you put it down to anything in particular? I am not envious at all!!!!! ;-) My target is to shift another 50 lbs. If I could manage that I would be satisfied at the mo. Where I go from there could depend on how the NBE goes? Unintended consequences etc....

Something you may want to consider. With the amount of weight loss we are talking about, helping the skin to shrink down and heal can be an issue. Have you thought about using Coconut Oil topically as skin care? It's reputation is very good for this and it's done amazing things for my skin I have to say.

Know some here still have SP in their programme. Which I think shows how we are all different and what works for some may not be so effective for others. But I can't honestly say it did much for me when I tried it and from what I have read SP can actually make for weight gain and cellulite and down regulates progesterone receptors. Many here have reported stomach upsets when taking it, and with your acid reflux you may want to take care?

Excellent news about no tinglies and vision issues. Don't want to be too dramatic, but diabetes can do damage before symptoms become apparent. You may want to have a look at EPO and green tea.

Hi Hopeful

Thanks for those links, very interesting! Clicking around I found this:
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/amla-versus-diabetes/
I will be ordering some tomorrow!!

Huggy.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon