Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I don't miss pants

I was doing laundry, this morning, and I came across a pair of pants in the wash that I know I haven't worn in months. Then, after thinking about it, I realized that in the past two years, I think I've only worn pants about a dozen times (not including my so so comfortable sleepy pants). And most of those were moments of professional courtesy.

My boss knows, and some of the people who've been at the company as long as I have know, but most don't, and we're fine with that. However, him knowing and accepting doesn't mean that other people will, such as higher level executives. I know I could sue them if they tried to fire me, but I'd rather not cause that kind of stress in the office. My boss is a big supporter, and he's helped me out a few times, so if I have to "man up" every once in a while, I can deal with it. On the bright side, I don't wear heels those days.

One time, however, was actually a personal favor. My absolute #1 best friend growing up was getting married finally. He wanted me to attend, but also knew that his dad is an intolerant prick, so he apologetically requested that I try to be more the old me and less the new me. I was a little hurt that such a close friend would ask me to be someone I'm not anymore, but he is my best friend, and it was his wedding. Much like in the office, I didn't want to cause any stress, so hand me the ace bandage and cold cream.

I wouldn't miss pants, either, if I could wear skirts all the time!

Couldn't your friend just tell his dad that you were female friend?

(05-08-2015, 08:16 AM)Demon Lord Etna Wrote:  One time, however, was actually a personal favor. My absolute #1 best friend growing up was getting married finally. He wanted me to attend, but also knew that his dad is an intolerant prick, so he apologetically requested that I try to be more the old me and less the new me. I was a little hurt that such a close friend would ask me to be someone I'm not anymore, but he is my best friend, and it was his wedding. Much like in the office, I didn't want to cause any stress, so hand me the ace bandage and cold cream.

You're a helluva person to do that for your friend. One could only hope to have a friend such as you.

I still wear pants for work, jeans mostly, but as of last week they are women's Levis size 10m! Being Scottish I also wear a kilt...perhaps I should go to wearing that over shorts and what when not at work...

(06-08-2015, 12:37 PM)Scotti Wrote:  I still wear pants for work, jeans mostly, but as of last week they are women's Levis size 10m! Being Scottish I also wear a kilt...perhaps I should go to wearing that over shorts and what when not at work...

Why not just wear a skirt under it?

(06-08-2015, 09:47 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  
(06-08-2015, 12:37 PM)Scotti Wrote:  I still wear pants for work, jeans mostly, but as of last week they are women's Levis size 10m! Being Scottish I also wear a kilt...perhaps I should go to wearing that over shorts and what when not at work...

Why not just wear a skirt under it?

LOL I guess I should've said instead of shorts!

I also like skirts but have never attempted to wear one outside of my house or around family (hell they are even funny about kilts at Scottish/Irish weddings).

If I could get away with it I would probably try to wear them at least 50% of the time. Wink

(08-08-2015, 07:42 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  I also like skirts but have never attempted to wear one outside of my house or around family (hell they are even funny about kilts at Scottish/Irish weddings).

If I could get away with it I would probably try to wear them at least 50% of the time. Wink

Sounds like you should start a skirt club!

(08-08-2015, 11:59 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  
(08-08-2015, 07:42 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  I also like skirts but have never attempted to wear one outside of my house or around family (hell they are even funny about kilts at Scottish/Irish weddings).

I probably can get away with and Lenneth, it's just a matter of doing it and allowing others to adjust to the new you! Count me in WantAPair!

Big Grin

(09-08-2015, 01:42 PM)Scotti Wrote:  
(08-08-2015, 11:59 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  

I probably can get away with and Lenneth, it's just a matter of doing it and allowing others to adjust to the new you! Count me in WantAPair!

Big Grin
Groovy!!!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon