Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

tunes+

(12-02-2021, 08:19 PM)Stevenator_too Wrote:  What’s a ma’am and a nipper? 

That’s a scary thought to lose your hearing. I hope that implant has helped. 

I never liked Echoes. I just couldn’t get into it. Anything prior to Dark Side of the Moon, really. However, I wore out Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals & The Wall. I spent a good year and a half analyzing The Wall. I mean, typing out the lyrics and cross referencing things contained with. Basic research prior to the internet was slow. LoL 

I always was amazed that The Animals recorded The House of the Rising Sun in one take.
Apology, it's northern England mam is mother nipper is a child
Yes it was a tad scary to lose my hearing but the implant has brought me back into the land of sound.
Blimey, that is an undertaking analysing floyd lyrics !!

Never knew that was done in a single take,  impressive indeed.

I just listened to Side One of Pink Floyd’s Animals. Man, I haven’t heard that in 40 years. Dogs reminded me of Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of War of the Worlds. 

It’s funny. I was playing Dogs on my guitar off the Chordify App, and I just checked the chords to “The Eve of the War”, and yep. Dm, A, C, Bb. LoL. Same chords.

Me thinks our Jeff might just have listened to Dogs, hope he paid some loyalties  Smile Smile Smile Smile

Funny. I just found out that he’s a tennis pro, too. Weird combo.

A very odd combo  Smile

On another note, we’ve had a very wet February here. It’s weird. To the near west of us, is ice and snow. To the East, rain & fog. But there’s a definitive line that runs from TX to MA with the frozen stuff. Here, it’s just a soggy mess.

My last order of 35mm film arrived today. Kodak Tmax P3200. I’m hoping for one more night of fog to get some foggy and gritty night shots of the city. 

But as I gaze out my window the last two weeks at the haloed street lights shrouded in fog, wondering when my 3200 ISO film was going to arrive, I’ve had Zeppelin’s “When the Levee Breaks” in my head all week.

“If it keeps on raining, levee’s gonna break”. Robert Plant’s wailing voice and harmonica ... “Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan”, and Jimmy Page doing his magic in the background. 

One thing about that song that the drummers on this board will agree, is the opening of that song with John Bonham banging out the coolest opening to a song. Ever. 

I say this as another band of showers pours in. We’re under a flood watch now. 

Going down. Going down now. Going down . . . .

Dave Mathews Band for me

I once saw Dave Mathews in his boxer shorts getting coffee & a croissant at the Ritz Carlton in Cleveland lol.

(19-01-2024, 08:02 PM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  I once saw Dave Mathews in his boxer shorts getting coffee & a croissant at the Ritz Carlton in Cleveland lol.
lol. Funny. He is one unique guy. Love that Band

I have a broad range of interests, from Jazz Trio to EDM, but I want to share what I feel is one of the most engaging video performances ever.
If you are a guitarist, you will fully appreciate every aspect of this. Pretty sure everyone else will like it too! Talk about leaving it all on the stage!

I saw SRV perform at the Oriental Club, a local bar in Lawton, OK. It was Oct or Nov 1970.

I had a brief conversation with him as he was setting up a poster outside the front door in the afternoon.
It was homemade, lime-green, about 3'x4', done in free-hand with glitter. He was setting it up on an artist's easel type of stand. AFAIK, he was not famous at the time, just making a living as a musician. I asked him about the poster and he said "Yeah, that's me! Stevie Ray Vaughan!" I asked him what kind of music he plays and he asked if I like Hendrix. I said that Hendrix was my favorite. He said, "I play just like him, why don't you come to see me tonight?" I told him that I would be there. It was a thrilling performance, very much like the one in this video link, with a very similar club feel. 

Oh, and he was dressed similar to the video. I couldn't decide if he was a frontiers-man, a pirate, a river boat gamble or a fancy gun-slinger.
Turned out he was a guitar-slinger!

Stevie Ray Vaughan -- Texas Flood -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5H9P4F5Uk&pp=ygUec3RldmllIHJheSB2YXVnaGFuIHRleGFzIGZsb29k

Enjoy!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon