Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Going to tell my twin brother today.

(30-07-2014, 12:52 AM)AnnieBL Wrote:  Good luck from me too!

Thank you Annie.

Hey, Denita, sorry I missed this (our power was out and my access limited) but I am glad it worked out so well, sweetheart. It's funny how so many things that frighten us so much turn out to be non events when we confront them, isn't it?

Hugs

Sammie

(30-07-2014, 09:10 PM)Denita Wrote:  
(29-07-2014, 11:51 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Good luck!! But, who knows? Maybe your brother is going through the same thing!

Thank you.

Incredibly I found a study about twins days ago! Lol
Just posted it up.
Are you a twin?

Talking to him last night and he says he's not. Big relieve! Don't have to worry about him pinching my stuff! Big Grin

Denita

This doesn't bode well for the theory regarding insufficient hormones in the womb to sufficiently masculinize a male fetus. It should be equal between two twins, especially male twins. ...Shoot! I was kinda hanging my hat on that one. ...It could still be true but there would have to be more to it than just that. Something genetic or environmental for example.

I'm glad to hear things went well for you Denita. ...Not to rain on your parade but I was cautioned by a full-time friend of mine that, "their first reaction isn't ALWAYS their LASTING opinion". Sometimes, after they think about it for a while, they switch from receptive to opposed and visa versa.

My most sincere best wishes Denita I envy you.

Hugs
Heather

I think it is the confluence of genetic, congenital, and environment factors (with weighting) that go into determining one's sexual orientation and gender identity. Watch the documentary movie "Red Without Blue" in which two identical twin boys grow up, one gay, and the other transsexual. I don't tell people that, however, the subject is complex enough as it is.

Clara

(30-07-2014, 09:59 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Hey, Denita, sorry I missed this (our power was out and my access limited) but I am glad it worked out so well, sweetheart. It's funny how so many things that frighten us so much turn out to be non events when we confront them, isn't it?

Hugs

Sammie

Thank you. Big Grin

No a problem at all Sammie, I know you have a lot going on.

At least now I don't have to worry about getting "caught out". I'm not going to make any major changes at home. Not going to make it uncomfortable for him but I don't need to keep everything hidden and secretive. No more worry about being caught with shaved legs, painted toes or wondering why I am growing long hair!

Denita

(30-07-2014, 07:41 PM)Denita Wrote:  It worked out well. I sent him a text to bring beer home and after several pints of liquid courage we started talking about life, the universe and everything. I then showed him a web page about GD.

Upshot is he does not care as long as I'm happy.

Denita

Sounds great!! Congrats!!!

(30-07-2014, 10:24 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  
(30-07-2014, 09:10 PM)Denita Wrote:  
(29-07-2014, 11:51 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Good luck!! But, who knows? Maybe your brother is going through the same thing!

Thank you.

Incredibly I found a study about twins days ago! Lol
Just posted it up.
Are you a twin?

Talking to him last night and he says he's not. Big relieve! Don't have to worry about him pinching my stuff! Big Grin

Denita

This doesn't bode well for the theory regarding insufficient hormones in the womb to sufficiently masculinize a male fetus. It should be equal between two twins, especially male twins. ...Shoot! I was kinda hanging my hat on that one. ...It could still be true but there would have to be more to it than just that. Something genetic or environmental for example.

I'm glad to hear things went well for you Denita. ...Not to rain on your parade but I was cautioned by a full-time friend of mine that, "their first reaction isn't ALWAYS their LASTING opinion". Sometimes, after they think about it for a while, they switch from receptive to opposed and visa versa.

I completely agree with your theory and have read many papers about it. As yet nothing has been proven as many, many, many factors seam to be at work. This page is short, sweet and too the point. NHS Choices. Gender dysphoria - Causes

Thank you. I am relying on anything, I will just see how it goes. Just happy to get if off my chest. Big Grin

(30-07-2014, 11:40 PM)Heather-H Wrote:  My most sincere best wishes Denita I envy you.

Hugs
Heather

Thank you Heather. Big Grin

Denita

(31-07-2014, 12:09 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I think it is the confluence of genetic, congenital, and environment factors (with weighting) that go into determining one's sexual orientation and gender identity. Watch the documentary movie "Red Without Blue" in which two identical twin boys grow up, one gay, and the other transsexual. I don't tell people that, however, the subject is complex enough as it is.

Clara

OMG thank you so much for telling me about Red without Blue. I've just finished watching it.
So many similarity's. Added to favourites so I can watch again. lol

Thank you.

Denita

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon