Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Gradual removal of chest hair

(11-07-2014, 05:22 PM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  
(11-07-2014, 04:31 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(11-07-2014, 03:50 PM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  After about 15 years of using the Braun on my pubes, they are now 95% permanently hairless. Over time one gradually pulls out the roots. I can go weeks without maintenance now and still look smooth.

I can't wait 15 years to get rid of my body hair, MW. I'll probably be dead by then...LOL. I've been epilating my chest for 9 months now and still the hair grows back, although it is finer than before and not as thick. Many of the hairs that grow back are colorless, too, so epilating does help. I'm counting on reducing my DHT level down to near zero to really get the results I want.

Clara

Nevertheless, after an epilating job I am normally hair free for 10-14 days. Does that not work in your case?

Depends on what you mean by 'hair free'...lol. Hair grows in three phases (growth, resting & falling out), so there always seems to be some amount of hair in the growth phase that pops up in just a couple days after epilating. Also, the epilator cannot grab onto hairs which are less than 2 mm long so there's always some left Angry I've resorted to lasering the hair now to kill the actively growing hair roots. It's better because I can shave at any time to get a smooth, hairless look. I really hate body hair!

Clara

That's a concept I'm trying to convey to my DW, I hate having body hair. We are going away to Cuba in November with some family friends,so I won't be able to be completely hair free. Neither of us want any uncomfortable questions asked. But once we get back, I'll be full steam ahead. ( hopefully ).

I've been trying to get rid of chest hair for 9 months, and I finally have achieved my goal -- well 99% of my goal anyway.

I aggressively used an epilator and sweezer on my chest hair for all that time. The thick hairs gradually gave way to fine hair which gave way to fine colorless hair which is almost impossible to see if the lighting isn't perfect. I used just the sweezer toward the end to get all the hairs, and dig out those that became in-grown. It got so that I found the sweezing ritual rather relaxing...LOL.

I'm hoping that my efforts to kill my DHT will keep the hair away for good.

Clara Smile

(22-07-2014, 04:11 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I've been trying to get rid of chest hair for 9 months, and I finally have achieved my goal -- well 99% of my goal anyway.

I aggressively used an epilator and sweezer on my chest hair for all that time. The thick hairs gradually gave way to fine hair which gave way to fine colorless hair which is almost impossible to see if the lighting isn't perfect. I used just the sweezer toward the end to get all the hairs, and dig out those that became in-grown. It got so that I found the sweezing ritual rather relaxing...LOL.

I'm hoping that my efforts to kill my DHT will keep the hair away for good.

Clara Smile

be glad you don't have practically every square millimeter covered with the rotten stuff (and all of it making you itch to boot) Sad

the stuff drives me crazy.....

I think I know how you feel, Lenneth. A year ago I had an EKG where they attach electrodes to my chest. The elderly nurse asked me to remove my shirt. She took one look at my chest and said, "Oh my, we have a hairy one here!"

I wonder what she would say today if I took off my shirt. Knowing her she would probably exclaim, "Oh my, we have a booby one here!" LOL

Clara Tongue

(23-07-2014, 10:47 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I think I know how you feel, Lenneth. A year ago I had an EKG where they attach electrodes to my chest. The elderly nurse asked me to remove my shirt. She took one look at my chest and said, "Oh my, we have a hairy one here!"

I wonder what she would say today if I took off my shirt. Knowing her she would probably exclaim, "Oh my, we have a booby one here!" LOL

Clara Tongue

lol, good one!

btw what I meant by "every square millimeter" is i have it everywhere, chest, back, you name it...
Question 

Clara, you wrote:
"I've resorted to lasering the hair now to kill the actively growing hair roots. "

Are you doing this yourself or professionally?

(24-07-2014, 03:48 PM)AlexisM Wrote:  Clara, you wrote:
"I've resorted to lasering the hair now to kill the actively growing hair roots. "

Are you doing this yourself or professionally?

I own a Tria 4X home laser and use it on some parts of my body. It has worked well for me. My only complaint is the tedium that's involved using the laser with its 1/4" diameter beam. It takes 25 laser discharges to treat one square in of skin. At the highest power level, I can get about 600 discharges per charge. When the battery no longer holds a charge, it cannot be replaced. Angry

Clara

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the device has some shortcomings. Is it permanent after the first pass or do you have to use it multiple times over the same area?

(24-07-2014, 09:37 PM)AlexisM Wrote:  Thanks for the info. Sounds like the device has some shortcomings. Is it permanent after the first pass or do you have to use it multiple times over the same area?

I've found that it takes three treatments to kill all the hair. That's because it will not kill hair which is in the resting/falling out phase (telogen phase). These hairs have to be shed and then regrown before you can zap and kill the root (derma papilla) with the laser. This is true for commercial laser treatment, too.

Clara

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon