Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and varices?

Hi,

i have an inherent weakness of connective tissue and have the feeling, that the early symptoms of varices worsen everytime i restart to take pm, even on low dosages.

additionally some veins on my legs started to get more prominent at the time i started to experiment with pm. pm may have caused that, but as i know that i have the genetical disposition it just may have come together with getting closer to my thirties (i'm 29 now).

estrogen is known to cause that, getting severe varices is a risk when taking synthetic estrogen and a inherent weakness of connective tissue can be a disqualifier for taking hormones.

but is this the same for phytoestrogens? do they weaken the connective tissue like synthetic estrogen? after the longest peroid i have taken pm i even started to develop a light form of cellulite, which fortunately disappeared together with the weight i lost after stopping taking pm.

i don't have severe varices, but it's already a cosmetical problem for me.

does anyone else have experience with pm and problems with veins?

The veins are likely more prominent due to the thinner skin. Just part of being on estrogen. You can try something like collagen or biotin to help promote healthy skin (which might make them less visible). Some others might have better ideas. I've taken both, but mostly just to toughen up my skin. After starting PM I found it easy to get scratches. I think it might've just been a phase, since I haven't had to worry about that for awhile now.

I think that it is possible that you might well find horse chestnut to be useful. You can do a search for previous posts on that subject. I have various problems due to venous insufficiency and have found HC to be very helpful.

I'm already taking horse chestnut for approx 1 year now and it helps a lotbut no wonders. it prevents my legs from swelling over the daybut dosen't help with the prominent veins.

no it doesen't have anything to do with the thinning of the skin, the veins are enlarging over timne and thus become more prominent.

there's always a strong connection, after a short time after starting pm i get tickling sensations in my legs and later rather painful ones. that stops when i stop taking pm. rather frustrating.

but pm works a bit strange on by body i guess. it showed up as increased estrogen level in a blood test and made the doc suspicious (are you taking something?) (i thought it wouldn't), it makes me tired, hard to get out of the bed in the morning, my physical strength decreases disurbingly shortly after taking it, i got early symptoms of gall stones from it, had yellowish and then grey stool from it and what not.

my experience so far: pm ist in no way harmless, it's a pretty serious drug not to be taken lightly just because it's a "herb", i got many of the negative sideeffects you can get from synthetic estrogen whereas everybody says pm shouldn't have those

just google phytoestrogens and thyroid and see how harmful that stuff can be, more so at the high dosages you have to take to have feminizing results.

as nicely as my breast grow on pm i'm nearly done with this stuff because i have the feeling that i'm doing way too much harm on my body in exchange for breasttissue...

(01-07-2014, 02:18 PM)isabellebs Wrote:  my experience so far: pm ist in no way harmless, it's a pretty serious drug not to be taken lightly just because it's a "herb", i got many of the negative sideeffects you can get from synthetic estrogen whereas everybody says pm shouldn't have those

just google phytoestrogens and thyroid and see how harmful that stuff can be, more so at the high dosages you have to take to have feminizing results.

as nicely as my breast grow on pm i'm nearly done with this stuff because i have the feeling that i'm doing way too much harm on my body in exchange for breasttissue...

You're not alone. At first PM was a godsend, but over time it really started to cause some health issues. I got many of the supposed E2 from PM symptoms that I haven't gotten very much of even from E2 itself! Just such a high does is required to see results with PM, i think....

So, it's not just you. Nobody else wants to hear about it, though. PM does seem to work well with little side effects for the majority, so I can't blame them.

Sarah i have read about spiro and estradiol cancelling out some of each others side effects which could be why your better on synthetics, i have been more nauseous on synthetics than i was on pm otherwise the side effects have been pretty similar

(01-07-2014, 05:58 PM)bobie Wrote:  Sarah i have read about spiro and estradiol cancelling out some of each others side effects which could be why your better on synthetics, i have been more nauseous on synthetics than i was on pm otherwise the side effects have been pretty similar

I was actually on cyproterone acetate for a while before switching to spiro and was fine then, too. I think it's just a matter of different people tolerating different things differently.

Did I mention I'm different? LOL

Differently yours,

Sarah

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon