Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is it just me?

Hello everyone.

Is it just me, or has this board drastically changed from what it used to be over the last 2+ years? It feels like it's becoming more and more common that I feel the longing for the eclectic and do-it-yourself approach to NBE as well as the camaraderie between longstanding members. There was a time when I think the biggest issue was trying to minimize the hijacking of threads as it was so easy and commonplace for members to go off on a tangent. In times past when trolls reared their ugly heads, we united in rooting them out. Now I suspect it's internal strife that's the biggest problem.

Maybe I'm just ranting like a tired old man or something? I don't know.

Your thoughts?

Flame,
I'm here for you dear you always give great advice. You helped a lot of people on here follow what is in there heart. And in there dreams also people might come and go on here but it's the caring what counts.
thank you!

(28-06-2014, 02:42 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Hello everyone.

Is it just me, or has this board drastically changed from what it used to be over the last 2+ years? It feels like it's becoming more and more common that I feel the longing for the eclectic and do-it-yourself approach to NBE as well as the camaraderie between longstanding members. There was a time when I think the biggest issue was trying to minimize the hijacking of threads as it was so easy and commonplace for members to go off on a tangent. In times past when trolls reared their ugly heads, we united in rooting them out. Now I suspect it's internal strife that's the biggest problem.

Maybe I'm just ranting like a tired old man or something? I don't know.

Your thoughts?

Hi Flamesabers,

I'm a new member so can't comment on the changes to the site but it obvious to me that the huge amount of experimentation and research that long standing members have published on here together with their thoughts and insights make it an incredible resource for new members.

Thank you all. Smile

Denita

Flame, I have watched the board for a long time and it goes through cycles. I think this is a transition period...no pun intended...tee hee

Flame,

It isn't just you. There are people who no longer post here who are part of the reason I joined. While you were another of the reasons I joined, I find myself largely unable to relate to many of the folks who now post here frequently. I'm not trying to become female, but many of the "males" here are. When I joined, it didn't seem to be that way.

like other newbies I cannot relate to how it once was and whether this current incarnation is an improvement or not but all I can do is echo the sentiments of others such as myself who look to the posts both past and present as a road map to getting to where they wish to be.
I have no desire to become fully female but am rather tired of the current male version of myself......6'5" and closer to a yeti than I would care to be and desire a more compact, hopefully less hairy version of myself. Whether or not that comes to pass remains to be seen but the resources contained within this site have given me hope that such a change is possible.

Flame, we both became members at much the same time. I think that everyone who has been around here for a fair time probably gets the feeling sometimes that things aren't what they used to be, and as
Sammie says, there are cycles. Also there have always been valuable contributors who sadly have dropped out of sight for one reason or another or sometimes mysteriously, often I suspect because they have moved definitively into transition. I am not certain as to what internal strife you refer. There have always been differences of opinion and occasional unduly abrasive members, and there has always been a full spectrum of different interests and compulsions driving different members. A lot of 'in-between' types like myself don't really know, at least at first, quite what our motivations are or where we are going and are trying hard to find out: it seems to me that you are fortunate in that pursuing androgyny gives you a clear target and an enviable stability which helps make you so valuable to all of us.

Just like your breasts.... forums grow and change.... I've seen it at a number of boards that I no longer frequent....

FWIW Flame, I check periodically and some of the old regulars do stop in every now and then...they just dont post. I think as Annie says that people change in their lives and those changes take them away from us. What ever happened to LisaLou? One day she was chatting away like crazy and then gone. Bang.
Others leave because they outgrow this board.
Others simply get bored with it.
It can be anything. As Karren said, boards change. People dont stay the same. If you want to make certain you do not lose touch with someone with whom you have grown close, make sure to get their email or some other way to reach them.
Life is change, honey
Hugs
Sammie

I think the forum has expanded to include a wider swatch of the gender spectrum. I remember when the only transsexual poster was AbiDrew, now there are several. There's now more attention paid to gender identity issues, not just men who want breasts. At each evolutionary change there is a bit of turmoil that erupts -- the row over including talk about synthetics is a recent case in point. Yes, things have changed. Is that bad? That's for each to decide, but I think it's inevitable.

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon