Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair Restoration

(27-09-2014, 02:01 AM)RobinMurphy Wrote:  Clara I'm sorry if you took my post as being unsympathetic. I think you should do it if if it is important to you. You know I have major body issues. Sorry again. Robin.

Robin, I was trying to be sarcastic there, and blew it. You committed no offense, hon. Thanks for the kind words.

Clara

I decided that having my own hair is very important to me, so I've set up my first hair transplant for next week. I'm shooting for 2500 grafts using FUT (strip method). FUE (extraction method) was not recommended in my circumstances. Normally, in a hair transplant, the hairline is established first, then filling in grafts behind it. I'm going to wait until the second transplant procedure to establish a feminine hairline that will cover the scar from FFS on my forehead.

I'll be awake throughout the operation which takes 8 hours to accomplish. Lidocaine is used to numb the scalp. I'll be able to drive myself home afterward. It takes months for the grafts to start growing hair, and I can't do the second transplant until my scalp recovers it's previous elasticity which takes 6 to 10 months. In the mean time, I'll arrange for any FFS I want done.

My doctor is Carlos Puig from Houston, TX who has a solid reputation. He comes up to Chicago regularly to do these transplants. He's also considered one of the best in doing female hair restoration. Placement of the grafts is extremely important in recreating a natural look. I could have gotten by for less money, but I'm not taking any chances when it comes to surgical modification of my body.

This is an interesting video showing an FUT transplant (warning: not for the squeamish).

FUT Hair Transplant (strip method)

Clara

Best of wishes Clara! I know how you feel about having your own natural hair. I looked at wigs for months and just couldn't make the final decision - something within me just wouldn't be satisfied. Then one day it clicked, "why the heck don't you grow your own hair out?" Fortunately, for me, I haven't lost so much that that was an impossible option for me and today, I LOVE my hair!!! You'll love yours too when it starts coming in. Again, I hope it turns out even better than you hope for!

(14-10-2014, 03:43 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  Best of wishes Clara! I know how you feel about having your own natural hair. I looked at wigs for months and just couldn't make the final decision - something within me just wouldn't be satisfied. Then one day it clicked, "why the heck don't you grow your own hair out?" Fortunately, for me, I haven't lost so much that that was an impossible option for me and today, I LOVE my hair!!! You'll love yours too when it starts coming in. Again, I hope it turns out even better than you hope for!

Thank you, Kari. Wigs are okay, but can never take the place of natural hair. I'm glad that you have hair that you love. It looks good, too.

Clara

Just got back from my hair transplant operation which took 8 hours. It went very smoothly. It was nearly painless, even the lidocaine injections were no sweat. Cutting out the donor strip was also painless under local anesthesia. I watched movies the whole time...LOL.

I had 2257 grafts in the posterior portion of my head (see photo). The front portion including establishing a feminine hairline will be done as a second operation after my FFS (facial feminization surgery) is done. That way, my hair will cover the scar left from forehead recontouring/ brow lift.

Takes about 3 months for the transplanted hair to become well established and growing normally.

Clara

[attachment=8244]

I'm very happy for you, I wish you a speedy recovery and excellent results!

- Jaded Jade

Clara I'm happy that every went well.

Thanks, Jade and Robin. It makes me very happy to have taken another step in a long journey to undo the effects that testosterone has had on my body over the past many years.

Clara

Clara,

I'm so happy for you that all went well for you. I was most interested in the pictures of your scalp which show that you have a LOT more of your own hair than I do, and that its growth is a lot stronger. As you know, Iam inclinred to think that hair restoration is not for me, but in the light of those photos I think you made the right decision for you, and I hope that it all keeps on going so well What little is left of my own hair still continues to thin out, and I am increasingly convinced that my baldness has not been entirely attributable to DHT, particularly in view of the length of time my T has been so very low.

(23-10-2014, 12:54 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Just got back from my hair transplant operation which took 8 hours. It went very smoothly. It was nearly painless, even the lidocaine injections were no sweat. Cutting out the donor strip was also painless under local anesthesia. I watched movies the whole time...LOL.

I had 2257 grafts in the posterior portion of my head (see photo). The front portion including establishing a feminine hairline will be done as a second operation after my FFS (facial feminization surgery) is done. That way, my hair will cover the scar left from forehead recontouring/ brow lift.

Takes about 3 months for the transplanted hair to become well established and growing normally.

Clara

Looking good Clara, its going to be great to see new hair finally growing again.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon