Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Blocking DHT...(tmi warning)

I've been trying to overcome the power of DHT for sometime now, and was not seeing much progress on Spearmint and Pygeum. I did notice some new scalp hairs popping up from my rather shiny top, but not much in the way of body hair reduction, or a slowing down of beard growth.

I think I'm finally seeing some progress, though, since I started on spiro and finasteride five weeks ago. The hairs on my chest are getting finer and finer. Some are so fine now, they're hard to see. I'm hoping that this is a clear sign that I'm winning the war against DHT, and that soon my chest hair will stop coming in altogether.

Can any of the formerly hairy confirm this as evidence that my program is working? How long did it take to finally not have to epilate or shave anymore? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those who had a good thick growth of chest hair to begin with, and now are completely hairless. What do you attribute your success to?

Clara Smile

(20-06-2014, 02:43 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Can any of the formerly hairy confirm this as evidence that my program is working? How long did it take to finally not have to epilate or shave anymore? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those who had a good thick growth of chest hair to begin with, and now are completely hairless. What do you attribute your success to?

Clara Smile

I think you just broadcasted the Wuerstein (sp) bat signal.

(20-06-2014, 02:47 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(20-06-2014, 02:43 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Can any of the formerly hairy confirm this as evidence that my program is working? How long did it take to finally not have to epilate or shave anymore? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those who had a good thick growth of chest hair to begin with, and now are completely hairless. What do you attribute your success to?

Clara Smile

No offense to Wuerstchen, but I don't think his experience applies in my case. I could epilate for 40 years and my chest hair would keep coming back....LOL

Clara Sad

(20-06-2014, 03:40 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(20-06-2014, 02:47 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  

Clara Smile

No offense to Wuerstchen, but I don't think his experience applies in my case. I could epilate for 40 years and my chest hair would keep coming back....LOL

Clara Sad

I don't think its relevance matters. The advice remains the same. You just aren't putting enough elbow grease into it! Tongue

Okay, Sarah, tell me now, how hairy chested were you at one time? Somehow I can't picture you with a rug on your chest...LOL!

Clara Big Grin

(20-06-2014, 04:26 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Okay, Sarah, tell me now, how hairy chested were you at one time? Somehow I can't picture you with a rug on your chest...LOL!

Clara Big Grin

I was never hairy. I refrained from giving you any advice or mentioning my lack of chest hair because it didn't seem like it'd be helpful.

Tongue

(16-06-2014, 06:12 PM)Lotus Wrote:  How do you block DHT?

We use Herbals and prescription MEDs, (diet helps too) Herbal and Pharma both carry risks though, it's important to consult with your physician before starting a course of either.

Meds

* Finasteride - this drug is approved for both BPH and male pattern baldness. Researchers from George Washington University reported in the Journal of Sexual Medicine that Propecia (finasteride) may be linked to a side effect of sexual dysfunction, which may be permanent, i.e. the problem may persist even after the treatment is completed.

* Dunasteride is much more potent than finasteride. However, these types of medications may have side effects that persist even after treatment is over. Side effects may include erectile dysfunction, male breast cancer risk, and a diminished sex drive. Some studies suggest there may even be a higher risk of depression, memory loss and brain fog (inconclusive).

Herbals

Saw palmetto-Beta-sitosterol is a natural alpha-adrenergic receptor blocker. Prevents DHT from accumulating in prostate tissue that would otherwise cause excessive cell growth and inflammation. The plant steroids in saw palmetto also act on progesterone receptors, an action that causes a reduction in estrogen levels.

Nettle Root--Binds to SHBG (hormone that binds to excess hormones by decreasing hormone levels), and decreases 5ar and aromatase. Taking this tends to increase estrogen and testosterone. Would need to be taken with a pro-aromatase, and maybe estrogen.

Pumpkin seed oil-Pumpkin Seed Oil: Has been demonstrated to inhibit DHT formation through the inhibitory effect on 5-alpha-reductase activity. Pumpkin seed oil breaks down DHT via the liver.

Reishi-reishi mushrooms significantly reduced levels of 5-alpha reductase, preventing conversion of testosterone into the more potent DHT. High levels of DHT are a risk factor for conditions such as benign prostatatic hypertrophy (BPH), acne, and baldness.

White Peony--Estrogenic, blocks 5ar and pro-aromatase - Strong.
A compound found in white peony inhibits the production of testosterone and promotes the activity of aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen.

Spearmint-anti-androgenic properties reduce the level of free testosterone in the blood, while leaving total testosterone and DHEAS unaffected.

Green Tea Epigallocatechin-Green tea (camellia)-Reduce's the conversion of free testosterone into DHT and also raises SHBG (sex-hormone-binding-globulin).

Pygeum-include phytosterols that inhibit the production of dht. Pygeum also reduce's prolacting levels and block the accumulation of cholesterol in the prostate. Prolactin increase's the uptake of testosterone by the prostate. Pygeum reduces the levels of DHT in the blood and reduces the number of sites where the dht can attach.

Chinese Skullcap Inhibits the 5alpha-reductase enzyme-
Baicalein has been shown to inhibit the 5alpha-reductase enzyme, which converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is strongly associated with the development of prostate enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and prostate cancer. As such, baicalein is reported to be potentially useful for the prevention and/or treatment of androgen-dependent (testosterone-driven) disorders, including prostate enlargement and prostate cancer.

This is a partial list, other things to consider is diet,

Foods that block DHT

Wheat germ
Sesame oil
Canola oil
Peanuts
Almonds
Macadamia nuts
Soy
Beta Sitosterol
Saw Palmetto
Spearmint
Pumpkin Seeds
I for one am thankful for your contributions. I am an evidence based kind of gal, but sometimes you need faith in addition to science to make things happen. It's harder for me to buy into the former than the latter, but when the latter isn't work as well as I need to start conditioning myself to believe something will happen. Speaking of DHT, I have suffered hairloss for many years. Although I don't lose as much hair now, I never recovered the hair that I lost. All my blood work came back normal, but I know I am sensitive to androgens bc my skin is oily and I still breakout occasionally. Do you know of anything besides rogaine to repair the hair follicles that might have been damaged by DHT? Also, I'm running out of body oil soon and still have a bottle almost full of Flaxseed oil. I stopped using it from your suggestion, but I see a lot of people still massaging with it. What do you think? Still leave it out of my program? Thanks ahead of time.

(20-06-2014, 06:55 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(20-06-2014, 04:26 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Okay, Sarah, tell me now, how hairy chested were you at one time? Somehow I can't picture you with a rug on your chest...LOL!

Clara Big Grin

I was never hairy. I refrained from giving you any advice or mentioning my lack of chest hair because it didn't seem like it'd be helpful.

Tongue

I always hated my hairy body. Angry I started shaving my leg as far back as college using a clipper and leaving behind just enough not to attract too much attention. I tried the same on my chest but found it too irritating. The older I got the worse it got. I can't understand women liking hairy men. To finally be hair free will be achieving the dream of a lifetime..... Not many people have that as a goal in life....lol.

Edit: I'd better end this line of discussion on Lotus' thread. Sorry, Lotus.

Clara

(20-06-2014, 06:56 AM)nsas Wrote:  I for one am thankful for your contributions. I am an evidence based kind of gal, but sometimes you need faith in addition to science to make things happen. It's harder for me to buy into the former than the latter, but when the latter isn't work as well as I need to start conditioning myself to believe something will happen. Speaking of DHT, I have suffered hairloss for many years. Although I don't lose as much hair now, I never recovered the hair that I lost. All my blood work came back normal, but I know I am sensitive to androgens bc my skin is oily and I still breakout occasionally. Do you know of anything besides rogaine to repair the hair follicles that might have been damaged by DHT? Also, I'm running out of body oil soon and still have a bottle almost full of Flaxseed oil. I stopped using it from your suggestion, but I see a lot of people still massaging with it. What do you think? Still leave it out of my program? Thanks ahead of time.

Thanks nsas, yaCool......

I've got DHT on the brain, another thought occurred, if you follow the pathway it comes from your Free T, (yes ladies you battle it too). Why some have more DHT than others is a mystery, (genes?). Quite frankly if DHT succeeds in it's pathway without some sort of intervention we'll always be chasing our tails. Huh

Follow along please:

Aromatase also converts androstenedione (a sex hormone precursor) to the female hormone estrone, another estrogen, although weaker than estradiol.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7100]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7099]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6922]

Remember these statements?

(22-05-2014, 02:38 AM)Lotus Wrote:  When estrogen binds to an estrogen receptor, it "turns it on". A turned-on receptor causes cells to start dividing. Estrogen receptors don't turn on like a simple on/off switch. Instead, they turn on like a rheostat, a light switch with a dimmer.

The rate at which cells divide in response to estrogen is affected by many factors. First, the rate depends on the strength of the estrogen. There are strong estrogens (ESTRADIOL, ESTRONE, XENOHORMONES) and weak estrogens (ESTRIOL, PHYTOESTROGENS). Strong estrogens speed up cell division and therefore, increase the risk of cancer. Weak estrogens slow down cell division, therefore reducing the risk for cancer.

(22-05-2014, 02:38 AM)Lotus Wrote:  The good estrogen causes no damage and drives immediately to the colon or to the bladder where it leaves the body. The bad estrogen backfires, gets stuck in reverse, and speeds back to the breast where it wreaks havoc. If this bad estrogen finds a parking spot on a breast cell, it will rapidly speed up cell division. If you have a lot of bad estrogen in your body, your risk of breast cancer goes up significantly.

I would characterize DHT as being similar to a stuck open position leaving all the good estrogens on the table. (Such a waste) Rolleyes

(20-06-2014, 12:06 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Edit: I'd better end this line of discussion on Lotus' thread. Sorry, Lotus.

Clara

Don't be silly, we need to kick some DHT ass!, and also kick him to the curb. Big Grin

And I'm not even a violent person!! Rolleyes

(20-06-2014, 11:46 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Don't be silly, we need to kick some DHT ass!, and also kick him to the curb. Big Grin

And I'm not even a violent person!! Rolleyes

Kick him to the Curb? I want to Nuke him from Orbit.Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon