Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Blocking DHT...(tmi warning)

Lotus, dear, you make good points, but it will do no good to harp on them. It's true that the research stuff is not a 'hot read'. It's complex, hard to understand, and sometimes boring. That's not to denigrate all the work you have put into posting the scientific research material that many of us, including me, have found very valuable.

Sometimes we have to relate to the average person in ways that keep them coming back and gradually make the principles of NBE understood. The social dimension of this forum is critical to that mission. How many newbies take the time to read all the existing posts? I did, but I'm like that. Many are not.

This forum is much more to me than just growing breasts. That's why the discussion threads have branched out so widely. Where does one go to find a board that covers the whole life cycle of a transgender's transition from first awakening to living as a woman. If you can name it, I want to join it. I don't think it exists beyond what we have created here with the efforts of you and many other regular contributors. I'm personally proud of what this forum has to offer everyone under the TG umbrella.

Please don't take my comments as criticism of you in any way. Rather, an attempt to preserve the attractiveness of this site to a broad range of people, men and women, who need the unique support that is offered here.

Hugs,

Clara Smile

(17-06-2014, 12:37 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Lotus, dear, you make good points, but it will do no good to harp on them.

What's being harped?, if anything its your continued attempt to stifle discussion.

I'm not taking it personally, it seems that your attempt to rationalize is making it personal my dear.

Hugs!

(17-06-2014, 01:52 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(17-06-2014, 12:37 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Lotus, dear, you make good points, but it will do no good to harp on them.

What's being harped?, if anything its your continued attempt to stifle discussion.

I'm not taking it personally, it seems that your attempt to rationalize is making it personal my dear.

Hugs!

(16-06-2014, 10:27 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(16-06-2014, 10:02 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  This thread mentions pharma drugs, herbs, and food.

It obviously needs to be divided into three seperate threads and each placed into its own subforum. What if some poor helpless creature got the wrong idea and decided for themselves what to do with their bodies based upon the info contained here?

Madness!

You're so bad, Sarah!

Clara Wink

Was that really necessary Clara?

(13-06-2014, 08:45 PM)MissC Wrote:  Yet you, ClaraKay, and others on this forum, are determined to stifle questioning. You obviously wish to stifle discussion, because any time someone disagrees with your political opinions, you either shout them down, or whine about the "tone" of the discussion. It's a classic Alinsky tactic: when you can't prove your case, misdirect.

Thank you MissC for the Clarity!

Lotus,

I'm not trying to take sides or defend anyone and I might be misunderstanding your mood, and perhaps I should just remain silent (probably the case) but I think you are not appreciating the diversity of this little community. For example, I LOVE science. I thrive on understanding how things work but you've never seen me post anything scientific at all because I'm too busy and I can't devote the time and brain power to that cause. I have a wife and children and busy job that doesn't afford me the time you, apparently, can spend on research. It's better for me NOT to post anything technical because it I can't glean out the essence of all that gobbledygook - just can't do it. Conversely, I'm very relational. I care about people deeply and crave deep, meaningful relationships. I feel their pain and share their joys and want them to know someone out here cares about them. That's something I rarely, if ever see from you. You, "want to grow boobies!", I have an emotional level problem with my gender. Both of our reasons for being here overlap which makes us a great community - it's not ALL about the research. Again, maybe I'm misunderstanding your demeanor (I'm usually very good detecting moods, at least in person) but I get the impression you want everyone to be more like you (technical / research). That just isn't going to happen. Sorry. Keep up the great work you do but try to appreciate the vast array of different people here. We all have something to offer or something to learn. ...Except for the trolls I guess.

I'm not sure how you took anything I posted as being anti research. I'm anti another subforum(another division of similar ideas, which would only make things more difficult for the casual poster to follow).

I used this topic as an example, because it's a great illustration of how a topic like DHT blocking is universal in theme, either with pharma drugs or herbs. No one is stifling discussion by suggesting the two methods don't require separate subforums (and I can hardly believe someone is quoting MissC). If there was a pharma section, then the community would just be split again, and lfewer people would read your herbal research than currently do.

As for my posting habits, I don't really see the connection to the subforum idea. I'm like super emotional lately and am usually spending my time ranting or crying or being happy. Sammie or Emily know all about my moodiness. I've been obsessively thinking about and researching things my entire life while trying to ignore my emotions. Actually, I think a lot of that obsessive behavior was a direct result of not being able to express myself. It's amazing to FEEL things, and not worry about conflicting studies and endless amounts of data. I'd rather "research" dresses, makeup, shoes...you know...fun stuff.Big Grin Short answer, I have to be in a very specific mood for certain activities to be enjoyable, regardless of my capability in performing them. To each their own, it's not like I would suggest you should enjoy my interests any more than I should yours.

I don't understand how the relative complexity of NBE increases the need for a pharma subforum. Huh

(17-06-2014, 04:36 AM)kari leigh Wrote:  Lotus,

I'm not trying to take sides or defend anyone and I might be misunderstanding your mood, and perhaps I should just remain silent (probably the case) but I think you are not appreciating the diversity of this little community. For example, I LOVE science. I thrive on understanding how things work but you've never seen me post anything scientific at all because I'm too busy and I can't devote the time and brain power to that cause. I have a wife and children and busy job that doesn't afford me the time you, apparently, can spend on research. It's better for me NOT to post anything technical because it I can't glean out the essence of all that gobbledygook - just can't do it. Conversely, I'm very relational. I care about people deeply and crave deep, meaningful relationships. I feel their pain and share their joys and want them to know someone out here cares about them. That's something I rarely, if ever see from you. You, "want to grow boobies!", I have an emotional level problem with my gender. Both of our reasons for being here overlap which makes us a great community - it's not ALL about the research. Again, maybe I'm misunderstanding your demeanor (I'm usually very good detecting moods, at least in person) but I get the impression you want everyone to be more like you (technical / research). That just isn't going to happen. Sorry. Keep up the great work you do but try to appreciate the vast array of different people here. We all have something to offer or something to learn. ...Except for the trolls I guess.

Making the BN universe whole again!

Thanks kari,

I like the cooler heads approach here (thanks). Please let me start by saying how special BN is (and not just for me). To be part on something special like BN is in fact an honor. We have so many choices here, and the credit goes to our site administrator Eve, who's done more to accommodate us than most admin's would do.

If anybody appreciates the diversity here it's me!, it's probably a good time to point out that the Gender Section, Bio-Male Personal Program Section, Herbal FAQ Section, Endocrine Section (Monica hatched the Bio-Male FAQ) and more recently the (which Eve created) the Other Appearance Section. She is also considering a Self Breast Exam Section, all of which I voluntarily moderate (with the exception of the lastest addition and gender section). Yup, guilty-Rolleyes

This is not an attempt at shameless self promotion. Instead, I might add it's been my truly privilege to contribute and maintain those sections.

Anyways, yesterday's unfortunate chain of events was clearly in access. Specifically with Clara, we've made amends behind the scenes. Smile I need to make amends to all of you for making it public. So I offer my sincerest apologies to all, and again to Clara.

And to Sara, hope the headache is mended. Blush

(17-06-2014, 09:15 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  
(17-06-2014, 03:35 PM)bmthx Wrote:  I think why not add a section to methods with pueraria, massage and pumping rather than separate the bio male section about it because in a way women sometimes try birth control can be used as nbe so that's a synthetic section wouldn't split bio males like your worrying but it would be useful to bio women too to have more info about it in methods I am sure I see women use estrogel and synthetic progesterone creams too without knowing if there are any risks so a section of information and risks of all kinds of synthetics would be very useful information to add to this forum. 

This is a great idea!  If Eve WAS to add a sub forum for pharmaceutical, synthetic breast enlargement, the place to put it would be on the first page with the other methods:
Herbal
PM
Glandular
Magnetic
Hypnosis
SYNTHETIC HRT
  > within THAT sub forum, two sections.  One for male and one for female

Excellent idea bmthx!

As we continue to grow (which we can't consider BN a small group anymore, lol) we see that BN is evolving, which in any organization comes change, (good or bad). The growth potential is beyond comprehension and the possibilities are endless.

In the end, it's ultimately Eve's decision to add a Synthetic Section, however I do like this suggestion:

(17-06-2014, 09:15 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  
(17-06-2014, 03:35 PM)bmthx Wrote:  I think why not add a section to methods with pueraria, massage and pumping rather than separate the bio male section about it because in a way women sometimes try birth control can be used as nbe so that's a synthetic section wouldn't split bio males like your worrying but it would be useful to bio women too to have more info about it in methods I am sure I see women use estrogel and synthetic progesterone creams too without knowing if there are any risks so a section of information and risks of all kinds of synthetics would be very useful information to add to this forum.

This is a great idea! If Eve WAS to add a sub forum for pharmaceutical, synthetic breast enlargement, the place to put it would be on the first page with the other methods:
Herbal
PM
Glandular
Magnetic
Hypnosis
SYNTHETIC HRT
> within THAT sub forum, two sections. One for male and one for female

Excellent idea bmthx!

In closing, a big concern for me is for our members who are the most vulnerable and needing our help, as we see recent posts from some members about, (ie Help I'm desperate and other similar pleas ). I see it as a community obligation to help those members in their time of need, (for whatever the reason might be). When I lost my pops in April the overwhelming support I received touched my soul, for which I can never repay enough. Cool (the reason behind the 'What happened to NBE? Thread stems from my concern for others).

Lastly, adding layers of new section is something we all need to embrace, change can be good, I'm prepared and won't give up hope that we're open to more ideas of growing breasts, after all, isn't that the main principle why we joined?, and a special thanks to Kari, (about knocked me over) which is a good thing. Cool

Peace and love to all,

Lotus is one with the universe!!

Big Grin

Bumped

This is just me and not anybody else here. I initially joined for boobie growth . I had done some research before I joined her and was on herbals . Since joining here I feel this is a small community of bio-males and females who are friendly , share our secret desires which we don't even tell our partners , support and help each other . With the size of community here one bound to get few whose thoughts don't gel with the majority but one has to even learn to live with them.

I love the social interactions , bit of banter and exchanging /learning along the way .

I can't thank enough people who have helped in various ways and give encouragement which some of us need more than others , also to those who are inspirational .

God bless . Love and hugz

(16-06-2014, 06:12 PM)Lotus Wrote:  How do you block DHT?

Spearmint-anti-androgenic properties reduce the level of free testosterone in the blood, while leaving total testosterone and DHEAS unaffected.

(16-06-2014, 06:12 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Foods that block DHT
Spearmint

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...objectonly

"Spearmint (Mentha spicata[Labiatae]) Decreases free testosterone, increases LH, FSH and estradiol. Reduction in patient reported measures of hirsutism"

It says spearmint lowers free testosterone, not DHT, but it does reduce hirsutism (which is caused by dht). Reishi and green tea reduce DHT. I know other herbs on that list lower DHT, that aren't listed as so. Do you have a source or lead about spearmint and its effects DHT?

(18-06-2014, 11:34 PM)lovely11 Wrote:  
(16-06-2014, 06:12 PM)Lotus Wrote:  How do you block DHT?

Spearmint-anti-androgenic properties reduce the level of free testosterone in the blood, while leaving total testosterone and DHEAS unaffected.

(16-06-2014, 06:12 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Foods that block DHT
Spearmint

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...objectonly

"Spearmint (Mentha spicata[Labiatae]) Decreases free testosterone, increases LH, FSH and estradiol. Reduction in patient reported measures of hirsutism"

It says spearmint lowers free testosterone, not DHT, but it does reduce hirsutism (which is caused by dht). Reishi and green tea reduce DHT. I know other herbs on that list lower DHT, that aren't listed as so. Do you have a source or lead about spearmint and its effects DHT?

I listed spearmint because of hirsutism,

Quote:Our study suggested that spearmint probably induced oxidative stress in hypothalamus resulting in decreased synthesis of LH and FSH which in turn down-regulated the production of testicular testosterone through the disruption of a number of intermediate cascades.

Spearmint induced hypothalamic oxidative stress and testicular anti-androgenicity in male rats - altered levels of gene expression, enzymes and hormones.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18804513

Effect of spearmint (Mentha spicata Labiatae) teas on androgen levels in women with hirsutism. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17310494

Quote:Spearmint can be an alternative to antiandrogenic treatment for mild hirsutism.
from the study.

I believe the link is in there, imo.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon