Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM vs Synthetic Estrogen

(08-06-2014, 10:13 AM)bobie Wrote:  Sarah (or anyone else using microgest) is this the stuff you are using? http://www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md/product.php?productid=378&cat=26&page=5 seems really cheap

After trying both medroxprogesterone and Susten, (bio identical P) and not liking either one much Ive decided to stop the P....

After a lot of reading on progesterone I dont see a reason why Id need it YET.... Maybe in a couple of years when Im more developed (hopefully)....

This link makes a very convincing argument against P for a transwoman just starting out....

http://www.gender.org.uk/gendys/2009/47curtis.htm

(09-06-2014, 04:53 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  After a month on just pharma HRT, I can make a couple of observations.

Pueraria Mirifica seems to have benefits that estradiol valerate doesn't provide -- for me, anyway. Since stopping PM, my old nervous fingernail biting is back big time. Huh My joints are stiff in the morning when I first get out of bed. Angry

On the other hand, my areolas have returned to their lighter color and my nipples are much softer. My bra size is now a full 36B. Tongue

Still, I've decided to add some PM (500 mg daily) back into my program to see if those PM benefits will return.

Clara Smile

Very interesting because I still dont feel that my syn HRT regime is working as well as NBE did for me as far as breast growth goesRolleyes

I do like the spiro so far though and I havent been on that very long so I guess i should really give it more time...

Since starting the spiro I can really feel the difference as far as having very low T goes and E2 or PM never did that for me...

I also like my DutasterideSmile My body hair is pretty much GONE nowSmile Not sure if thats from the E2 or the Dutas or both..........

I do wonder how these syn AA's would work with a high dose of PM sometimes but Ive been sticking with my new regime for now...

My favorite was the Ainterol liquid PM extract under the tongue, I even actually liked the taste of itRolleyes Tongue

I have some Oestrogel E2 on the way that I cant wait to try instead of the oral E... I plan to combine oral and transdermal.... Id really like to do injections of EV though.....

(09-06-2014, 05:57 AM)EvaMarie Wrote:  
(09-06-2014, 04:53 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  After a month on just pharma HRT, I can make a couple of observations.

Pueraria Mirifica seems to have benefits that estradiol valerate doesn't provide -- for me, anyway. Since stopping PM, my old nervous fingernail biting is back big time. Huh My joints are stiff in the morning when I first get out of bed. Angry

On the other hand, my areolas have returned to their lighter color and my nipples are much softer. My bra size is now a full 36B. Tongue

Still, I've decided to add some PM (500 mg daily) back into my program to see if those PM benefits will return.

Clara Smile

Very interesting because I still dont feel that my syn HRT regime is working as well as NBE did for me as far as breast growth goesRolleyes

I do like the spiro so far though and I havent been on that very long so I guess i should really give it more time...

Since starting the spiro I can really feel the difference as far as having very low T goes and E2 or PM never did that for me...

I also like my DutasterideSmile My body hair is pretty much GONE nowSmile Not sure if thats from the E2 or the Dutas or both..........

I do wonder how these syn AA's would work with a high dose of PM sometimes but Ive been sticking with my new regime for now...

My favorite was the Ainterol liquid PM extract under the tongue, I even actually liked the taste of itRolleyes Tongue

I have some Oestrogel E2 on the way that I cant wait to try instead of the oral E... I plan to combine oral and transdermal.... Id really like to do injections of EV though.....

Eva, please be careful. All this DIY experimentation with synthetics could be having harmful effects that you are not aware of. You need to find an endo to monitor what's going on inside, and tailor a program that works for you. I worry about you, dear.

That's my goal, as well. A T-girl friend I know recommended a TG friendly doctor at a clinic in Chicago. Fortunately, Illinois allows 'informed consent' clinics, so going through a therapist is not necessary to start HRT. This clinic will also provide me with a letter of safe passage which states I am under treatment for TG, and should be granted all the privileges of a normal woman (e.g., restroom use).

Clara Smile

(01-06-2014, 09:52 AM)Holmes12 Wrote:  It is probably a bit late to add my bit, and I only have experiences with herbs, mostly PM and SP with a calcium supplement. Effects I noticed were:

A strange purple line from the tip of my penis to the area where this lubricant seems to generate.

I also just noticed a strange purple line and some blotchiness under my penis. Wasn't sure it was connected to PM because I couldn't find any one else who mentioned this. It kind of freaked me out! What is it? Does it go away?

(10-06-2014, 03:24 AM)barryb Wrote:  
(01-06-2014, 09:52 AM)Holmes12 Wrote:  It is probably a bit late to add my bit, and I only have experiences with herbs, mostly PM and SP with a calcium supplement. Effects I noticed were:

A strange purple line from the tip of my penis to the area where this lubricant seems to generate.

I also just noticed a strange purple line and some blotchiness under my penis. Wasn't sure it was connected to PM because I couldn't find any one else who mentioned this. It kind of freaked me out! What is it? Does it go away?

BarryB Its a result of the oestrogen, i cant remember why but i will see if i can find some info i bookmarked on it

EvaMarie thanks for the info and link, my goals have kinda changed, i started pm with no intention of fully transitioning and bought some duphaston (10mg progesterone tablets) to use on my weeks off while i was attempting to straddle the hormonal fences (retaining male function etc) yet now i want to move on to synthetics and transition, i have the synthetics im just trying to be sensible and avoid starting them until i have a) visited a sperm bank and b) had a chat with my doctor and got them to agree to monitor me

Well Good Luck BobieSmile Its a long hard road no doubt, I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy if I had any that is .)

Sperm banking is mandatory if you think your ever going to want kids....
Everything WILL eventually shut down on syn HRT, and you will likely see significant shrinkage down there, I know I haveBlush Good for me I never wanted or had any kids .)

Yea I have that dark line going on too, had it for a while now, dont know why....

Oh yea, regarding shrinkage, thats been going on for me up top too as in significant muscle loss Smile I wear a 36 A now and fill that nicelySmile My 38 B's still fit but I can remember when a 38 was really too tight, now they are actually kind of loose even on the tightest hooksWink

Finally made it under 160 lbs this morning, this was only a dream as short as a 2 months ago when I was 175 and about 9 months ago when I was 5" 8" and 220Cool Now the battle to stay here is on... 150 is now in sight Smile

Im sure all this weight loss is playing a part in my slow growth but I am at least keeping the same across the bust measurement while Ive lost 2 1/2 inches over the bust and about an inch underneathBig Grin I was not built anywhere near feminine up top, very muscular... Thats not so much the case anymore...

I can understand wanting to move on... I find myself much more open to SRS these days as I move farther along... I mean I dont want to go back and I cant think of much use for those bits anymore so the question of "why not???" keeps coming up with me.... Im in no hurry with that thoughBlush

So I guess I'll just say, "careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!" Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like kids i just cant see myself having them, being transgender also adds more complications to that but i figure if i bank some sperm i at least will have no regrets in the future about not doing it, congrats on the weight loss, i have managed to lose 17.5 lbs over the last 7 months, 3.5 pounds of that in the last 2 weeks or so, probably a result of working construction and not getting enough calories, funny how my bum has actually gotten smaller and my band measurement has dropped by an inch, i will be glad when im done with the current job im on and can think about a job change as i am finding it a lot harder going now that i used to (im weaker for a start), srs still seems pretty scary, certainly in no rush at the moment, no coming back from that if you later realise its not the right move for you

(09-06-2014, 11:40 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(09-06-2014, 05:57 AM)EvaMarie Wrote:  

Clara Smile

Eva, please be careful. All this DIY experimentation with synthetics could be having harmful effects that you are not aware of. You need to find an endo to monitor what's going on inside, and tailor a program that works for you. I worry about you, dear.

That's my goal, as well. A T-girl friend I know recommended a TG friendly doctor at a clinic in Chicago. Fortunately, Illinois allows 'informed consent' clinics, so going through a therapist is not necessary to start HRT. This clinic will also provide me with a letter of safe passage which states I am under treatment for TG, and should be granted all the privileges of a normal woman (e.g., restroom use).

Clara Smile

Well congrats ClaraSmile

I wish it was that easy here in western SD but its not... I do have contact info for a couple of psych's here that have experience with this and Im real close to starting that...

(09-06-2014, 05:44 AM)EvaMarie Wrote:  
(08-06-2014, 10:13 AM)bobie Wrote:  Sarah (or anyone else using microgest) is this the stuff you are using? http://www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md/product.php?productid=378&cat=26&page=5 seems really cheap

After trying both medroxprogesterone and Susten, (bio identical P) and not liking either one much Ive decided to stop the P....

After a lot of reading on progesterone I dont see a reason why Id need it YET.... Maybe in a couple of years when Im more developed (hopefully)....

This link makes a very convincing argument against P for a transwoman just starting out....

http://www.gender.org.uk/gendys/2009/47curtis.htm

Wow, after reading that as a genetic female I'm considering going down the oestrogen route...I swear I got growth with my progesterone heave bcp but it may just be general weight gain & water retention...Maybe if I stopped with the bcp my oestrogen receptors would be more...receptive :L

The purplish/brown line is hormonal. Mine starts a little below my belly button and goes down, but its more like a slight brown up there. My best friend who is a GG says she had something similar when she was pregnant not long ago.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon