Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My pm journey

Well i have my prolactin test results which are rather high, in the pregnant female range in fact at 623 miu/L not sure whether i should be concerned or not, not got my estradiol results yet though, trying to sort proper monitoring out, if nothing comes of that i will get some private testing done and decrease my dose until my levels are the same as a cis female during puberty, well until the nhs take me on next year, just that im really worried of high doses this early on runing my chances to develop fully, i can understand why those on pm alone do so well now

Had my second of three appointments with the gic therapist and came away very happy, mainly for two reasons, as i really am a worrier i asked what the odds where that i would be diagnosed with gd and therefore be taken on, i was told from what i have told them and what they can see they would be giving me the diagnosis and supporting hormone therapy Big Grin, the second one was in relation to the 2 year long wait from starting full time/real life experience until they will consider a recommendation for srs, well in the clinics eyes with the way i present and what i have done/am doing i officially started full time/real life experience 6 weeks ago Big Grin oh and they are also going to speak to my gp so hopefully i may even be able to get some proper monitoring in the meantime, the alternative it seems is changing gp's

Probably about time i posted a piccy, i dont fancy posting a topless shot of myself so this will have to do, depending on bra im a 36b or 38a, hoping for more, having got to know my gp i realise they are actually fine about doing bloodwork so long as i make my case so things are now going much better, im having a hard time getting testosterone down into the female range though and it sits just above at the moment, finally get to see the gic doctor this month as well !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looking pretty good. I am also happy you are progressing on the other front as well. Congrats!

Things are progressing nicely thanks, its a slow journey but i can see things happening at least, its funny but im now really glad that i started growing my hair 18 months ago, after a while the excitement i had early on wore off and everything now just feels normal, i cant decide if thats a good or a bad thing, im enjoying the journey anyway, so far i have had 2 laser beard removal sessions with positive results (i have lots of bald patches in my beard), i got to see the nhs gic doctor yesterday (gp referred me to the gic in june last year so its been a slow process!), she was a lovely lady and had no problem supporting the first opinion and diagnosing me with gd, she is now writing to my gp to ask them to prescribe a decapeptyl SR 11.25mg injection (lasts 3 months) which should have the same affect that having an orchiectomy would for my testosterone levels and 6mg of estradiol hemihydrate to go with it which is the dose and formulation im taking now, i will continue my finasteride moving on to dutasteride and she is ok with this, she is also referring me for laser beard removal and speech therapy (nhs funded), in about 3 weeks or so i should have a prescription in my hand, it will also be nice not paying out of pocket for all the medications, here its an £8.05 prescription charge per type of item, the decapeptyl injection costs around £220 a shot so it would soon add up otherwise if i had to pay for it

I do have to say, that your National Health over there, is far better than here in the States.

Good luck, and keep us posted with comments and pics.

(18-03-2015, 07:16 PM)bobie Wrote:  Things are progressing nicely thanks, its a slow journey but i can see things happening at least, its funny but im now really glad that i started growing my hair 18 months ago, after a while the excitement i had early on wore off and everything now just feels normal, i cant decide if thats a good or a bad thing, im enjoying the journey anyway, so far i have had 2 laser beard removal sessions with positive results (i have lots of bald patches in my beard), i got to see the nhs gic doctor yesterday (gp referred me to the gic in june last year so its been a slow process!), she was a lovely lady and had no problem supporting the first opinion and diagnosing me with gd, she is now writing to my gp to ask them to prescribe a decapeptyl SR 11.25mg injection (lasts 3 months) which should have the same affect that having an orchiectomy would for my testosterone levels and 6mg of estradiol hemihydrate to go with it which is the dose and formulation im taking now, i will continue my finasteride moving on to dutasteride and she is ok with this, she is also referring me for laser beard removal and speech therapy (nhs funded), in about 3 weeks or so i should have a prescription in my hand, it will also be nice not paying out of pocket for all the medications, here its an £8.05 prescription charge per type of item, the decapeptyl injection costs around £220 a shot so it would soon add up otherwise if i had to pay for it

Hey congrats on getting in with your NHS Wink Ive read many sad tales about it and from what Ive heard its indeed a long process with them... I do like the idea of getting the shots they give to shut down T, seems to me the best way to go about things Cool Im thinking about asking my doc if we can try that and drop spiro but it does seem to work OK for me with few bad effects and I gotta doubt my insurance would pay for that Rolleyes

Well the nhs is in a bit of a mess, they need a lot more funding, part of the reason why some have to wait so long for a gic appointment is funding, they can only see x number of people a year as thats all they have funding for, im lucky the gic i see has one of the shortest waiting lists in the country, i gather the wait for srs with the nhs is something like 3 years at the moment, too long really, i think i will be going to see marci bowers or similar, eva im really hoping the shot works, spiro (200mg split morning and evening) just wasnt doing a lot for me, my testosterone was still at 118 ng/dl at my last blood test 2 weeks ago, eva i meant to say congrats with your ffs i was following you elsewhere, you look great, i thought you looked very passable before but really its made a difference, hopefully your pleased

Time for a bit of an update, the decapeptyl shot really did its thing and brought my testosterone right down to 17 ng/dl so im really pleased, its also nice to be off the spiro, the gic has also bumped my estradiol up to 8mg, things feel slow but i have gone up a bra size (38b now) despite losing a little weight so i guess something is happening? 6 laser hair removal sessions and im still left with some facial hair but it is a lot better, i have another 4 sessions remaining on the nhs, after that i will probably switch to electrolysis

I have now been full time for 9 months, i have legally changed my name, updated most of my records, changed my name and gender marker with the nhs and just sent off for a new passport today, it was funny getting my passport photo's taken as it wasnt until then that i realised just how much i have changed, while i dont feel i look that feminine yet i certainly look very androgynous.

Couple of good first experiences for me as well today, particularly as town was really busy, i went into town with mum and into boots to the cosmetics counter and asked the girl at the desk to match me for foundation & concealer, she was really nice and very helpful, not at all pushy and i only bought what i asked for but followed her advice, i came away with a make-up bag, cotton wool pads, cleansing lotion, eye make-up remover, day cream, bronzer, foundation, concealer, a lipstick and an eye-shadow, it was great to have the help picking it out, she did say that they do do make-up lessons in a private room, i assume there is a charge but i didnt ask, i can see myself going back

The second first for me was buying clothes in m&s, again it was really busy and this was my first time shopping for clothes in person, it was fine, i picked up a couple of camisoles and some nice knickers, no one batted an eyelid or if they did i didnt notice, its these things that are really helping my confidence, nice when everything goes so well

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon