Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A few questions!

Shocked 

Hey everyone I started PM about 2 months ago (ainterol the R1 by pure-d) and I have noticed some budding etc. (I'm currently 18) For the first month and a half I didn't use saw palmetto. But to my question I was wondering if anyone has done a full transition while on PM? From my understanding it's suppose to do the same thing as synthetic hormones isn't it? I was curious because synthetic hormones is quite out of my reach. (No local doctors for such a thing.) =P

Thankfully I'm a smaller frame (I am tall though 5'10 or so) but my face is very masculine such as chin and nose. So I didn't know if PM has the same effect as Synthetic hormones or not. I would be much appreciative of any answers. =) And I also look forward to getting involved with the community. =D

Hi Skylar, and welcome!
Yes, HRT, is essentially the same thing whether you use pharma drugs, or herbs. The process is the same thing...that is, increasing Estrogen and lowering Testosterone. The only real difference is that herbs are weaker and consequently act more slowly.
My concern is your age. I hope you will pardon my concern as I mean no offense, but I remember being 18, and how impetuous I was.
At your age you may be quite sure of what you want and then again you may only believe you are. The changes brought by HRT of any kind are reversible to a degree, or so we are told. However, long term use can render you sterile. Loss of function may occur over time, but the ability to father children can and likely will occur. Though function may be restored, fertility is doubtful. Many here have already had children so it is not a worry but at your young age, what you do now may affect you in the future if you change your mind. Many have taken the step of having sperm frozen, just in case. But either way, I might suggest seeking out a gender therapist before embarking on this path. I dont know if that is possible for you, but it might be a wise step? Do your parents and/or family know what you are wanting?
Also, despite all the good research here, and the wealth of anecdotal testimony available here, none of us, to my knowledge, is a licenced doctor. Take it all for what it is.
To answer your question, we have several members, myself included, who started on herbs and progressed to pharma HRT, and we have heard of some who have gone through transition just on herbs, though those stories must, to my knowlege be viewed as merely hearsay. Theoretically it is possible, and perhaps even safer, though certainly slower.
I hope this helps, sweetheart. There are lots of good people here, and they will want only what is best for you.

Hugs

Sammie

I have never honestly wanted to have children myself. =P So the fertility thing isn't really a problem. I was just curious if anyone has managed to go through a full transition. My family does not know due to their religious beliefs. I also don't believe there are any gender therapist around sadly. But I thank you for the information. =)

Fair enough, honey! Well, you won't find anyone judging you here.Smile
Hrt will, over time, slightly soften facial features, but many TG eventually need or want some kind of facial surgery to further that process. HRT will also somewhat soften and feminize body shape as well. That you are young works dramatically in your favor, as skeletal issues have not fully hardened yet and you may see, if you continue, some reshaping in the pelvic area. The principal changes will be in your breasts (which should change a lot, especially given your age ....jealous!) and in your emotions. You can expect emotional change to take place over time and be prepared for sudden outbursts of tears at unlikely moments. It does not happen to everyone but it does occur a lot.
Hrt will not, on the other hand, change everything.
It will not change your voice. This can be accomplished, though, through physical effort and/or by surgical methods.
It will not reverse advanced hair loss in the scalp area, though it will, in time, greatly diminish the growth of body hair. It will not end facial hair. Facial hair can only be stopped through laser or electrolysis, both of which are costly.
Most of all, Hrt will not solve life problems, and in fact can make existing problems more complicated.
If you truly are TS, iT will bring you a measure of peace and allow you to work toward becoming the person you feel yourself to be inside.

As a further reference, I suggest you check out crossdressers.com. It is not a pick up site, nor a meet market, but rather a well run community support site for both cross dressers and Ts girls of all ages and needs, and includes a purely TS sub forum where you can obtain support and advice from many girls who are in various stages of transition. If you do, though, I would advise against mentioning herbs, as not only do they forbid that, but also there are many there who, from ignorance, are quite opposed to the entire concept of herbal HRT. None the less, it is still a very valuable site.

Ask anything, honey. People are here to help each other.

Hugs

Hi Skylar, and welcome to the forum.

Sammie's advice is well placed and should be carefully considered.

Having said that, if you are intent on going ahead with feminization leading ultimately to full transition, I think it wise to go the herbal route over pharma if only because it's a slower process and will give you more time to understand the full extent of your cross gender identity before serious irreversible changes occur.

You say you are not interested in having children. May I ask if you are attracted to women sexually? Do you want to find a female partner at some point down the road? Consider the possibility that your future wife or SO will want to have a child by you, but you are unable to. Please believe me when I say that at age eighteen, you are not yet old enough to safely assume that the way you know yourself today is the way you will know yourself in 10 years. The biggest mistakes that I've made in my life all occurred when I was under the age of 20.

To better help you, we need to know more about you. To what extent are you experiencing gender dysphoria? What makes you think that you have a female gender id? What is your relationship with your parents like? Are you dependent on them for your financial support?

I know these are tough questions, and I apologize if I seem antagonistic. I'm really not. I just want to help you to make the best decisions along the way to wherever you are going. Good luck, honey, and keep in contact. You will find lots of love and support here.

Clara Smile

I'm actually not sexually attracted to women. =P Although I seek more a personality in a partner rather than looks. =3 And a exact extent I know I hate physically being male to the point I hate looking in the mirror to see any masculinity. I also personally hate it when I'm called by male pronouns. It's really hard to explain more on why I rather be female. It's more fitting for me I do know that much. My relationship with my parents are okay. =P And financial support is coming from the technical school I'm in. I wish I could give you the exact answer on my female gender ID. It's more of a being issue I suppose. =3

(10-05-2014, 04:27 PM)Skylar105 Wrote:  Hey everyone I started PM about 2 months ago (ainterol the R1 by pure-d) and I have noticed some budding etc. (I'm currently 18) For the first month and a half I didn't use saw palmetto. But to my question I was wondering if anyone has done a full transition while on PM? From my understanding it's suppose to do the same thing as synthetic hormones isn't it? I was curious because synthetic hormones is quite out of my reach. (No local doctors for such a thing.) =P

Thankfully I'm a smaller frame (I am tall though 5'10 or so) but my face is very masculine such as chin and nose. So I didn't know if PM has the same effect as Synthetic hormones or not. I would be much appreciative of any answers. =) And I also look forward to getting involved with the community. =D

Welcome to the forum. 5' 10" and only 18??? If you're anything like me, you're going to be a lot taller over the next few years!! I was 6' 1" at your age. Within 5 more years, I got to be 6' 9"!! I think it MIGHT be a bit tricky to transition being that tall! I have a hard enough time trying to find guy clothes that fit me!!! In shoes, I have a wide selection of brown or black!! Then again, my friend, Carla, did it and she's nearly as tall as me.
Best of luck on your journey!! I hope everything works out great for you.

One thing Sammi brings up about age is being impetuous. From what I've learned via psychology, it's NOT a good idea to make harsh decisions of ANY sort, really, until the age of 24 or 25. Up until then, the brain is still (dare I say) like that of a kid; ready to jump at any decision that's made and quite often regretting it later. Just one example, I've known of so many people that started smoking when they were 12 to 16 only to say a decade or so later that they wish they never started. NOW they know how stupid it is, back then, they knew, but didn't care.

Funny thing is I haven't grown any in about 2-3 years. =3 Even my shoe size is still the same lol. And I understand your concern about my age (I actually went through sort of what you are talking about.) But that was about 3-4 years ago. I took time back then to start studying on this subject and started to understand more about it.

So I have had plenty of time to think upon the subject. =) I'm not typically one to just jump without thinking about it. And thankfully I'm a smaller frame due to my genes. (Me and friend both wear same dress size between 9-11 depending on what brand.) lol

But I thank all of you for your concern. =3

(11-05-2014, 11:45 AM)Skylar105 Wrote:  (Me and friend both wear same dress size between 9-11 depending on what brand.) lol

Yeah, that's one thing I noticed about girl clothes, you can buy the same size by a number of different brands and each one will actually be a different size!! Can't they just ALL get on the same bandwagon so ALL clothes will actually fit those they were made for? I can usually fit into a B or C pantyhose by No Nonsense (although D fits best), but if I buy L'eggs, I have to get Q, and they STILL might not fit! Luckily, I've decided not to buy L'Eggs anymore after the last pair I bought were completely ruined before I even got them on all the way!! We were playing a gig in Youngstown at the Penguin Pub, but I didn't have any pantyhose to wear for the show, so I bought a pair of L'Eggs on the way. Once we got there, I went downstairs to the dressing room to put them on and by the time I got them up to my thighs, a HUGE hole 3" across suddenly appeared and they ran like rabbits straight down the outside of my left leg!!!! A TOTAL waste of $4.00!!!!!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon