Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Just came back from the doctors (I'm ok)...

I just got a new general physician for a physical, and I was trying to sort of test the waters of how knowledgeable or warm she may be to estrogen/testosterone levels in males, and prescribing anti-androgens. Lol, and it seems not much there.

I asked for my T and E count and it didn't seem like they would check for that, and says that usually to check it or to prescribe medicine is for people with low T, not people who want to lower it. I was very specific that I was trying to lower T. They did pull some blood for routine bloodwork for checking hormones secreted by the thyroid, so I'll see what kind of results that will give, or if that's relevant at all.

I asked for a prescription of finasteride but she said wouldn't prescribe that for me since she said normally you would start by over-the-counter drugs like Rogaine, and that I had too much hair! There is some hair around the temples I can grow back though.

I asked about herbals and how I was taking saw palmetto but unfortunately she didn't seem too knowledgeable on that, and didn't even know about drugs that lowered it (Hello SPIRONOLACTONE!). I think for that area I would need to see some type of nutritionist? Overall she seems like a decent and warm physician though, so I'm not knocking on her.

I also set an appointment with a psychologist today to talk about general stress and anxiety, I'm not sure if I want to bring up anything about some issues with gender identity, but I think I'll at least bring up what role T may have with stress (increasing or decreasing).

Haha sorry some of this is just kind of me spewing off.

Hi Bobowo

Can highly recommend (by personal experience) that a lifecoach/psychologist is best used with an agenda. It works out that they will generally do more listening and understanding, but driving the topics is the best way forward. If they have an agenda they have to pursue because medical insurance purposes then ask for what it is then you can plan out how you want to get the best of the sessions.
My lifecoach is paid out of my pocket so he has openly said that I can drive it, but also said they like clients that come knowing what they want.

Good luck

well at lest your healthy ..the title of your post on the view posts today
made me concerned it was an illness
there are lots of successful transgenders on herbs c=

http://www.breastnexus.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=6778

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=35038#pid35038

This person helped me a lot learning different herbs even though I'm female.

I wish you good luck and I hope you don't suffer to much mentally
you can pm me if you ever need somebody to talk to =c
we'ere all here to support each other on our goals ^_^ on this form
keep in good health c= <3 don't let it get you down
remember there are always ways to get to reach our goals some of them are better understanding our goals ....your is to not give up , accept yourself and follow your dreams without them consuming you
.........but there are many could results ......lots of men grow moobs with estrogen......

damn I hope you feel better ! =o

(05-05-2014, 10:37 PM)rocketmelon Wrote:  well at lest your healthy ..the title of your post on the view posts today
made me concerned it was an illness
there are lots of successful transgenders on herbs c=

http://www.breastnexus.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=6778

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=35038#pid35038

This person helped me a lot learning different herbs even though I'm female.

I wish you good luck and I hope you don't suffer to much mentally
you can pm me if you ever need somebody to talk to =c
we'ere all here to support each other on our goals ^_^ on this form
keep in good health c= <3 don't let it get you down
remember there are always ways to get to reach our goals some of them are better understanding our goals ....your is to not give up , accept yourself and follow your dreams without them consuming you
.........but there are many could results ......lots of men grow moobs with estrogen......

damn I hope you feel better ! =o

Wow thanks Rocketmelon! I changed the title as to not be misleading. I think deep down I'm a positive thinker and am as empowered as ever, it's just that for some reason my body gets so stressed from random negative thoughts in the day (usually feel my heart throbbing in a few seconds), flooded with cortisols, and it's getting to a point where I need to be a little more proactive to address it.

Hope you have a great day, and thanks for the links!

noo program c= <3
thanx I hope I have a good day too !! xD
you too =p

Bobowo.

It sounds like your doctor was erring on the side of caution, especially since this was your first visit with her and the intention of the appointment was to conduct a physical exam. Without knowing more about your health and circumstances, I think it's a matter of due diligence for a doctor to be reluctant to write a prescription or order non-routine tests.

Maybe if you told her you were concerned about the possibility of testosterone elevating your stress levels and/or risk of heart disease, you might have made more progress with her.

I think talking with the psychologist may be an excellent way for you to broach the topic of getting HRT through a doctor.

(06-05-2014, 12:20 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Bobowo.

It sounds like your doctor was erring on the side of caution, especially since this was your first visit with her and the intention of the appointment was to conduct a physical exam. Without knowing more about your health and circumstances, I think it's a matter of due diligence for a doctor to be reluctant to write a prescription or order non-routine tests.

Maybe if you told her you were concerned about the possibility of testosterone elevating your stress levels and/or risk of heart disease, you might have made more progress with her.

I think talking with the psychologist may be an excellent way for you to broach the topic of getting HRT through a doctor.

Yeah I brought up specifically about how I think there's a chance that lowering T may help with stress and anxiety, but I think she sort of just smiled at the idea and reiterated that usually you prescribe things to elevated T (e.g. for erectile dysfunction).

I just spoke with the psychologist and didn't end up talking about any type of medication and the talk was very behavior oriented. I was talking about anxiety in general. I also don't want full-on HRT because I still want to be able to present myself as a male (lol not that it would be difficult to), and I don't want to lose my ability to have my own kids. It was also the last appointment of the day so I didn't want to drag anything out, so I just sent her a message of what she thinks about lowering T Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon