Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

opened pandora's box

Hello friends,

My name is Dawn. I'm in my mid 30's and suffer from feminine gender identity.

I'm the first child of my mother after her battle with cervical cancer and extensive chemotherapy. She always thought that I should have been her little girl... Instead, she got a little boy and I got a difficult cross to carry.

I've had a difficult year; an accumulation of unhappiness, stress and anxiety. Some how in the process of my search for inner peace, I landed here. Now I must take baby steps and see in what path my future lies.

Thank you.

Dawn...just one thing, honey..."feminine gender identity" don't think of it as "suffering from". Some consider it a beautiful gift.Wink
Hugs

Thanks Sammie, I will keep that in mind. I feel more at peace now.

Sammie's right, Dawn. Having a gender identity that is part female, or even all female, is only a problem if you are having trouble reconciling it with your birth sex. It can cause a lot of anxiety and unhappiness until that conflict is resolved. That's probably what you are experiencing now, but it doesn't have to be that way. The task before you is to find a way to reduce your gender dysphoria. It often comes down to learning to accept yourself as you were born, and allowing the female side of you to have some room to live and grow. The answer is different for each and every one of us, so you have to embark on a journey of discovery to find out what's right for you. Good luck, honey. You are on your way.

Clara Smile

Wow Dawn, your first post seemed like I was reading something taken directly out of my own head it was scary (minus just a few details, but I like the benefits of being male sometimes too).

Fertility is also my biggest issue too, which is why I haven't really tried any estrogens. I read that you really shouldn't be going down this part if you would like to have you own kids one day (unless you sperm bank). I suppose I will feel irresponsible if I did not tell you. Most likely you'll be fine unless your testes are shut down for months and months and months, but I suppose it's something with a very large downside if fertility is what you value.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon