Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Quick ? about pm

Hi everyone been around a while , just now posting . Have a few quick questions if anyone can answer them.

First one is does anyone know if it is safe to use pm while taking effexor, i was taking pm a while ago but stopped when i started taking this for anxiety. I have the pills atm Pure-D 500r1

Second is i had a idea not sure if this would work, is just to open a pill and mix it in with my body lotion i use for my breast massage. does this work at all? Would it work with out having to ingest the pill.

Thank you for taking to time to read this .

Lexi

Hello Lexi,

While I have used Effexor in the past, it was about a year before I started taking pm. For what it's worth, I haven't had any problems with SSRIs and pm. In fact, I started taking sertraline before pm and am currently taking sertraline with no problems.

I'm not certain about how effective pm is when administered topically. I think the vast majority of members who use pm ingest it. You could always give it a try, but there's no telling what kind of results you'll get.

Effexor's an snri. I'm taking it now with birth control and goat's rue and I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect and isn't affected by hormones.

(27-04-2014, 05:28 AM)lexishadow Wrote:  Hi everyone been around a while , just now posting . Have a few quick questions if anyone can answer them.

First one is does anyone know if it is safe to use pm while taking effexor, i was taking pm a while ago but stopped when i started taking this for anxiety. I have the pills atm Pure-D 500r1

Second is i had a idea not sure if this would work, is just to open a pill and mix it in with my body lotion i use for my breast massage. does this work at all? Would it work with out having to ingest the pill.

Thank you for taking to time to read this .

Lexi

Hi Lexi,

Its interaction increases plasma concentrations, meaning it will intensify its affect, so I'd advise caution here. Wink

I've actually tried the skin application with powder, I prefer the liquid extract however it's more expensive but it's concentrated.

Good luck!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon