Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

got my hormone results - Proof BO works?

Hi all.
I've been on PM and BO at various times for almost a year. I can't tell by looking or pics that I've grown a whole lot, but they recently started feeling sore and fuller, definitely breast tissue there. This started happening when I went on Lotus' program.
I had a female hormone panel done and got my results today.

Test Result Reference Interval
Testosterone total 470 ng/dL 348-1197
Free Testosterone 4.5 pg/mL 6.6-8.1
Estradiol 23.9 pg/mL 7.6-42.6
Progesterone 0.5 ng/mL 0.2-1.4
ESTROGEN 117 pg/mL 40-115
SHBG 144.4 nmol/L 19.3-76.4

Wouldn't the high estrogen level be due to BO/aromatase?
I think I"m going to stop taking BO and other herbs, gonna continue a lower dose of PM cause I like how I feel. So if BO is really responsible the estrogen will continue high or drop if I didn't go past permanence?
Of course I'm not sure how I'll know that without paying for another hormone panel.

BTW my thyroid is also pretty high, not sure if or which herbs might have caused that but that supposedly raises the metabolism, causing weight loss and that certainly hasn't happened, just the opposite, but I really drag and have no energy.

Julie

(24-04-2014, 02:07 AM)julie_txcd Wrote:  Hi all.
I've been on PM and BO at various times for almost a year. I can't tell by looking or pics that I've grown a whole lot, but they recently started feeling sore and fuller, definitely breast tissue there. This started happening when I went on Lotus' program.

I think I"m going to stop taking BO and other herbs, gonna continue a lower dose of PM cause I like how I feel. So if BO is really responsible the estrogen will continue high or drop if I didn't go past permanence?
Of course I'm not sure how I'll know that without paying for another hormone panel.

BTW my thyroid is also pretty high, not sure if or which herbs might have caused that but that supposedly raises the metabolism, causing weight loss and that certainly hasn't happened, just the opposite, but I really drag and have no energy.

Julie

Julie, keep in mind that E from PM will not show in bloodwork. They test for Estradiol. PM contains Miroestrol, which is virtually bio identical, though somewhat weaker. Still, even large PM doses will not be discovered as E in regular bloodwork.

Not sure you understood - I've been taking BO for a while and my ESTROGEN level (not Estradiol) is quite high.

That would not be from PM as I understand it, so must be raised due to
BO increasing aromatase, no?

julie

(24-04-2014, 02:07 AM)julie_txcd Wrote:  Hi all.

Julie

Test Result ---- Reference Interval
Testosterone total 470 ng/dL --- 348-1197
Free Testosterone 4.5 pg/mL --- 6.6-8.1
Estradiol 23.9 pg/mL --- 7.6-42.6
Progesterone 0.5 ng/mL --- 0.2-1.4
ESTROGEN 117 pg/mL --- 40-115
SHBG 144.4 nmol/L --- 19.3-76.4

Hi Julie,

Well done for being proactive enough in finding out the results!,

One thing that goes unnoticed is that estrogen dominance causes receptor insensitivity, progesterone corrects that imbalance and your progesterone is right on the mark for typical female results. Was the hyper-thyroid diagnosed previously?

If you're concerned about the point of no return, I don't know if it that's a blueprint or artifact, it didn't happened for me. How long did you do the program?

Alternating BO and PM was an easy choice, or at least it made sense to me anyways. Blush

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon