Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Laser beard removal/reduction

(26-03-2014, 11:47 PM)Miranda-nata-est Wrote:  So, it has crossed my mind - has anyone used an epilator on facial hairs and if so, with what result (Might have to stay hidden for 24 hours whilst the red dots disappear but after that......?)

Miranda, all I can think of is OUCH! I've never tried an epilator on my face, but last summer I got a bit of hot wax on my chin. I was looking down to make sure I had covered my chest well and BAM! OMG trying to get it off w/o bursting into tears was excruciating. I thought I might actually pull off the skin.

Ouch!!! I have an epilator but Im too much of a wuss to use it on my legs, cant imagine trying it on my faceBlush

(27-03-2014, 07:30 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(25-03-2014, 11:33 PM)LittleMissS Wrote:  If things keep progressing as they are Im gonna look very girly by the time this is over... Once the hair follicle is dead the face is supposed to really soften up and it will not look like a clean shave does... I think with a good wig Id be able to pull of very minimal make up Smile

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I thought along those same lines myself at your stage. Unfortunately, although the laser did get rid of about 99% of the black hairs, I had absolutely no idea how many white ones had been lurking in the undergrowth. Net result is that if I'm around home I can get away with not mowing the white ones for about 2-3days, but the daily growth is still as long, so they start to poke through foundation after the usual 4-5 hours from a close shave.

Thank you, I do have some grey ones but the ones over my lip and around my chin are very dark and even after a shave there is the shadow Id love to get rid of Smile

Mine comes in very thick and I HAVE to shave every day right now to keep any kind of fem look.... I cant keep up with that because no matter what tricks I try after three days of shaving my face starts breaking out and the skin gets raw... So I have to go 2-3 days a week without a shave to allow the skin to recoverSad Its even worse in the summer of course, razor rash...

I had to go 2 days without a shave before getting zapped and now on my second day after... So 4 days and I have a pretty good beard going, but the areas she zapped look a lot better Smile Cant wait to shave today Rolleyes The swelling, pain and redness is all gone this morning so thats good Big Grin

With age the greys sure arent slowing down and eventually they would all be grey so that was what finally made me pull the trigger...

While Im sure your white ones can be felt Id hope they are at least a lot less visible than the dark ones right??? Also Id think whats left is not nearly as thick??? That would make me happy Smile

Im thinking laser first and hopefully it works and electrolysis on the rest...

(27-03-2014, 12:51 PM)LittleMissS Wrote:  Ouch!!! I have an epilator but Im too much of a wuss to use it on my legs, cant imagine trying it on my faceBlush

EDIT that, I just did just about everything but my faceSmile

It wasnt that bad actually but I do have red dots everywhere Sad

I won't use mine under my arms or on my face, but...tee hee...everywhere else has seen it.Wink

Exactly DollSmile Actually kinda liked it, must be the masochist in me Blush

Little red spots... Tee heeTongue

Yea mostly gone though and SO smooth, I think I like this thingBig Grin
Its an Epilady legend, gen 4.....

Well that wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna beCool

Its already falling out, 5 more sessions to goSmile

Like Pansy Mae said though there still are quite a few greys left unaffected, unfortunately Angry

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon