Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

GDChat (Chatroom to Complement the Forum)

Ok, New topic on this to cover Who/What/Where/When/Why stuff as best as I can in one go with little to no clutter.

The Name "GDChat" if you want to know simply stands for "Gender Dysphoria Chat"

I could not figure out any better names so I ran with that (if you think of a better one please post it.)

How to use it.
You can either use a Client/Program icechat, or mirc or limechat for mac

or use a Java Chat Application like Mibbit (direct specific link for server & chatroom): http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.newnet.net&channel=%23GDChat

if you decide to use a client you will want to connect to

Server: irc.newnet.net
Channel: #GDChat

The Rules

the Chatroom rules are simple, Be Nice, no fighting, Please Use your BN Username (Lurkers are Exempt), aside from that just about anything goes, if you cross a line though you will get a stern talking to by anyone with a @ before their name (Channel Operator) or possibly even another chatter, and if you ignore the operator you will be booted/kicked, further infractions will result in being banned either temporary or permanently.

Please note, due to the Random Nature of Chatrooms, don't expect a particular amount of activity when you login, due to a limitless number of reasons and the very nature of chatrooms it can either be very busy or totally dead, so don't just log back out if you will be on your computer for a while, stay on for a while & see if it gets more lively.

and above all else, Enjoy yourself.

I've been idling in there most of the time, we've had some good chats in there so far. Hope to see more of you there soon!

I am a novice with irc, and I just cannot seem to connect.

(02-03-2014, 12:47 PM)spanky Wrote:  I am a novice with irc, and I just cannot seem to connect.

if you need help this is the place to ask.

what method/program are you using?

Okay - I clicked on the mibbit link and got a mibbit screen. I then set up an account with screen name and password. Then I move on and get a mibbit screen with a box for Connect, Nick, and Channel. I use my screen name, insert #GDChat in Channel, and get to a screen that says

"NewNet : #GDChat 2 users [+ntr] Connect more info...
Special Welcome to BN Members!"

However, nothing happens when I click on "Connect."

Around when are most of you getting on?

I tend to see more people around evening/early night west coast time.

(02-03-2014, 04:13 PM)spanky Wrote:  Okay - I clicked on the mibbit link and got a mibbit screen. I then set up an account with screen name and password. Then I move on and get a mibbit screen with a box for Connect, Nick, and Channel. I use my screen name, insert #GDChat in Channel, and get to a screen that says

that message means you have successfully joined the chatroom.

all you have to do is type a greeting in the small box below and hit enter/return/click send etc...

(05-03-2014, 04:58 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(02-03-2014, 04:13 PM)spanky Wrote:  Okay - I clicked on the mibbit link and got a mibbit screen. I then set up an account with screen name and password. Then I move on and get a mibbit screen with a box for Connect, Nick, and Channel. I use my screen name, insert #GDChat in Channel, and get to a screen that says

that message means you have successfully joined the chatroom.

all you have to do is type a greeting in the small box below and hit enter/return/click send etc...

There is no small box below -- no place at all to enter text.

(05-03-2014, 07:16 PM)spanky Wrote:  There is no small box below -- no place at all to enter text.

thier should be a box like the one the arrow on this is pointing to.

[Image: 2n8sfav.jpg]

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon