Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Best Time of Day for PM?

There seems to be a variety of views on when it is best to take PM. The prevalent view on this forum seems to be a series of three doses spread out evenly in the morning, afternoon and evening. But is this the best way to take PM? Let me put this question another way: When is the best time of day to take PM?

Our bodies produce testosterone in daily cycles. Mornings are the peak of our daily testosterone cycle. According to one study, "testosterone [of young adult males] peaked between 6-7 a.m. with levels of 670 ng/dl and then reached their nadir 13 hours later at an average of 464 ng/dl." (1) The cycle was similar for men 30 years to about 60 years of age with peaks in testosterone around 8 a.m. while gradually tapering off to a low point around 4 p.m.. For older men, 70 years and up, there was slight decline over the day in testosterone production to the point where their cycle mirrors more a flat line rather than peaks and valleys. What does this mean for breast growth?

Based on daily testosterone cycles, it seems like it would make the most sense to take PM (or whatever you estrogen) during the low points of the t-cycle, later in the day.

Thoughts?

(1) http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.12...m-37-3-366

(25-02-2014, 04:21 AM)eloise614 Wrote:  Based on daily testosterone cycles, it seems like it would make the most sense to take PM (or whatever you estrogen) during the low points of the t-cycle, later in the day.

Thoughts?

(1) http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.12...m-37-3-366

Eloise, you've got the sci-wings on, Wink

I posted this a fews weeks ago, yes I agree, it does make a difference!, great work!

Thanks, Lotus. Tongue

It sort of makes intuitive sense. By taking a dose of PM during the peak of the daily t-cycle seems like it's a total waste of PM since the estrogen is 'outnumbered' by testosterone. Consequently, this could also be applied to SP or whatever you AA is. Take your AA and E in low peak time when receptors are more available/less competitive.

(25-02-2014, 04:35 AM)eloise614 Wrote:  Thanks, Lotus. Tongue

It sort of makes intuitive sense. By taking a dose of PM during the peak of the daily t-cycle seems like it's a total waste of PM since the estrogen is 'outnumbered' by testosterone. Consequently, this could also be applied to SP or whatever you AA is. Take your AA and E in low peak time when receptors are more available/less competitive.

Exactly, why fight it!

It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell so to speak!

(25-02-2014, 04:44 AM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  
(25-02-2014, 04:35 AM)eloise614 Wrote:  Thanks, Lotus. Tongue

Exactly, why fight it!

It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell so to speak!

Part of why I changed to taking my AA & PM doses all at once between 10PM and Midnight.

Allthough I do sometimes have some spearmint tea during the day.

(25-02-2014, 04:21 AM)eloise614 Wrote:  Thoughts?

Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling you're making NBE a bit more complicated than it needs to be. I don't get the desire to micromanage one's growth, nor do I understand the urge to micromanage one's regime. Even if you create a plan that theoretically should maximize your growth, you may find out your body reacts differently than expected.

(25-02-2014, 06:21 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  

Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling you're making NBE a bit more complicated than it needs to be. I don't get the desire to micromanage one's growth, nor do I understand the urge to micromanage one's regime. Even if you create a plan that theoretically should maximize your growth, you may find out your body reacts differently than expected.

I don't think it's mm, experimenting comes to mind. Turns out there's so much that we don't understand about growing boobs. When you open up your mind to the different possibilities, what we call tweaking sometimes, you never now if you've missed something, which would certainly be a cup or two on the table.

Sure one can argue that's its a waste of time, and sure everybody's different, I've found results in what I've learned along the way. What I post that some seem to dismiss as nonsense is quite the opposite, you can't argue to growth. So Eloise learn as much as you want, if that makes for better understanding and breast growth then all the better.

You keep asking those asking! Rolleyes

Not just you, Flame.

I get a bit perplexed also as to why some seem to be dead-set on making this so much more complicated than necessary, IMO. After my experiment with BO, I'm back on PM, and nothing else for the time being. I lost about an inch of size while piddling with BO, but 10 days back on PM, and I have the growth feelings returning. Like the last time I took an unscheduled 6 month break, I believe the growth restarts more quickly when you have a good foundation already established. It probably doesn't hurt that I'm slamming 4g/day, either.

I'm a little curious, what happens to that neat little T chart when one 'takes oneself in hand", so to speak, or has sex, on a regular or occasional basis. Surely, there is some effect on production levels, and timing. FWIW, I remember a lot of coaches harping about athletes and girlfriends, and when you should and shouldn't be draining yourself before the big games.

(25-02-2014, 06:21 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  

Maybe I am stupid but I think NBE is entirely complicated. To me, it's more than a sprinkle of this and a dash of that and bake at 450 for 20 minutes--it's modifying DNA. And that's something I'm not going do blindly nor passively.

Furthermore, I don't want to seem like I'm trying to micromanage anyone's growth or regime. All I'm trying to do is ask questions; if those questions help me or someone else, great, and if they don't, whatever. Yet I will micromanage my regime in order to maintain health, maximize growth and keep overhead low.

There certainly will be unforeseen variables due to, as you astutely point out, differently bodily reactions. I would like to minimize those as much as possible by examining and understanding what I am putting in my body and how that reacts a certain way so when I something unforeseen happens, I have a plethora of knowledge and potential contingency plans.

Lastly, I have decided that taking PM/AA during peak t-cycle is essentially useless and wasteful. For me, based on what I've studied, I've decided that I'll take them later in the day to potentially ensure that 1) my PM/AA works as best as it can and 2) saving $200/100 depending on a regime.

I'm a newbie here and you have proven results so I acquiesce to you but I think there is a lot here that we don't know.

There are many theories and this one sounds as plausible as many.

Another 'logical', but opposite, thought is that if the T is highest in the morning that's when you should take the most E to counter it.

Many say that little and often throughout the day works for them and reduces the E-dominance symptoms.

Personally, I've always been convinced that varying the dose, i.e cycling in some form, worked for me.

I think the bottom line is two-fold, (a) we are all different so there is no one-size-fits-all, (b) actually, nobody knows, so do whatever you want!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon