Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

WARNING!

I noticed that when I refreshed the main page, I was prompted to upgrade Firefox. Funny thing is, I have the latest version already! This is a scam to install malware on your PC! DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD for the setup.exe file!!!

If you need to check your browser, go directly to Firefox.com and get it from there.

Ads on pages can be booby-trapped without the site owners knowledge to deliver malware.

if you think you have been infected, go to malwarebytes.org and download their malware removal tool, its free, trustworthy and effective (you may be surprised at what it finds!)

Pleases be careful out there!

-A

Thank you, Amanda. You're very thoughtful.

Clara Smile

(02-02-2014, 03:17 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Thank you, Amanda. You're very thoughtful.

Clara Smile

YW, Network Security is my specialty.

BTW, I love your subject line!!!

-A

(02-02-2014, 03:19 PM)AmandaBust Wrote:  
(02-02-2014, 03:17 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Thank you, Amanda. You're very thoughtful.

Clara Smile

YW, Network Security is my specialty.

BTW, I love your subject line!!!

-A

Thank you, again.

It captures my longing for feminine expression, suppressed for so many years. My avatar represents the joy I feel with my inner woman set free...

Clara Smile

Thanks so much Amanda, I have an AV program, but downloaded and scanned with mwb just to be sure, and I'm clean.

[/quote]

Thank you, again.

It captures my longing for feminine expression, suppressed for so many years. My avatar represents the joy I feel with my inner woman set free...

Clara Smile
[/quote]

That is awesome, I love it!

-A

(02-02-2014, 04:06 PM)Lisa Lou Wrote:  Thanks so much Amanda, I have an AV program, but downloaded and scanned with mwb just to be sure, and I'm clean.

YW, I am glad to help!

Oh, sorry that I forgot to mention that MWB will try and trick you into installing a 30 day trial of their premium version. This is not necessary, unless you have the extra cash and want real time Mal-ware scans. This product, and others like it, will identify things that your standard anti-virus will not and both should co-exist on your system with no issues.

-A

"Booby Trap" is so appropriate! lol

(02-02-2014, 04:56 PM)Karren Wrote:  "Booby Trap" is so appropriate! lol

I was wondering who would be the first to notice that!

Tongue

(02-02-2014, 04:13 PM)AmandaBust Wrote:  Oh, sorry that I forgot to mention that MWB will try and trick you into installing a 30 day trial of their premium version. This is not necessary, unless you have the extra cash and want real time Mal-ware scans. This product, and others like it, will identify things that your standard anti-virus will not and both should co-exist on your system with no issues.

-A

I find all of the "free" anti-malware, anti-virus, and firewall software try really hard to get people to buy their premium product. If they don't hide the free product on their website, they try to get people to upgrade during install or at least take a 30-day trial. Failing that, they have pop-ups from time to time to nag users into upgrading through fear tactics.

I use a combo of Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot S&D, AVG, and Zone Alarm. Sure, it is a bit more work than going with the Microsoft security products, but I don't fully trust M$. I liked Ad-Aware until they decided to get into the anti-virus business, too.

I also use Ad Blocker Plus in Firefox so I don't get a lot of ads or pop-ups/pop-unders, and the hosts file from www.mvps.org which prevents loading the ads even if the pop-up window opens.

Fwiw, I'm a sys admin, and security is a portion of my job, too.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon