Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Got some good news today!

Sounds like the Transition side of things are going well, best wishes on everything else going well and as trouble free as possible.

It is going pretty well. Just got out of my appointment. They are starting me on spirio to begin with, then will start on estrogen later. They want a letter from my therapist to be sure that I am ready to begin it. They are also going to begin referring to me by my female name (Carys) when I am in their clinic. I'm very jazzed about it all. Incredible progress indeed.

Again, thank you to everyone for the encouragement, words of congratulation, and the support. I've been quite busy lately and don't get much of a chance to get on anymore. Will give updates as I get them. Smile

Carys! What nice name, hon. I shall call you by that name from now on.

Wow! The progress you are making towards coming to grips with your transgender identity is truly wonderful.

I've read that most gender therapists put their patients on HRT fairly quickly these days compared to a few years ago. It's a great diagnostic tool to verify the your gender identity is real. Does the endo start you on Spiro alone? What about estrogen?

Clara Smile

(05-03-2014, 05:18 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Carys! What nice name, hon. I shall call you by that name from now on.

Wow! The progress you are making towards coming to grips with your transgender identity is truly wonderful.

I've read that most gender therapists put their patients on HRT fairly quickly these days compared to a few years ago. It's a great diagnostic tool to verify the your gender identity is real. Does the endo start you on Spiro alone? What about estrogen?

Clara Smile

They are only starting with Spiro alone until they get a letter of recommendation from my therapist that I have been seeing about it (which shouldn't be a problem.) Once they have that, they will start me on the estrogen. I guess they also want to check to see how I do on the Spiro first. I was pleased to hear that I can treat my high blood pressure at the same time with it. Thankfully I stopped smoking 3 weeks ago.

Oh, and I found another small bottle of PM that I stashed away. May as well finish them up. Smile

(06-03-2014, 05:48 AM)fwoodhull Wrote:  Oh, and I found another small bottle of PM that I stashed away. May as well finish them up. Smile

Be careful. It's addictive once you sense those buds forming. Wink

(06-03-2014, 05:52 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(06-03-2014, 05:48 AM)fwoodhull Wrote:  Oh, and I found another small bottle of PM that I stashed away. May as well finish them up. Smile

Be careful. It's addictive once you sense those buds forming. Wink

I actually think there is something to your warning. While I am sure it is not physically addictive, in the proper sense, I do know that it is hard to simply stop. It becomes part of your life and thought process, and even if at one moment you think you've decided to stop, a while later you may find yourself wanting more! That is the way it has been for me.

More great news, girls!

Talked to my endocrinologist yesterday on the phone, and she had received a letter from my therapist giving the ok for hrt. She is starting me on an estrogen patch, which should come in the mail sometime within this next week!

I'm very thrilled. I have already seen some progress from the Spiro alone, so I can only imagine what this is going to do. So Smile

Great news Carys!
Any idea what the E value on the patch is?
I have it in pill form that I use at 4mgs a day. No spiro, since my T is virtually non existant at this point.
Good luck, honey!

I don't know the dosage yet. Last time my t levels were checked, I think I was around 325 ng/dl (which isn't considered low, but is on the lower part of normal.) Figure I may as well finish off this PM while I'm at it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon