Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why PM may not work for all

Recent studies have determined that genistein and daidzein may increase androgen production.

Phytoestrogens alter adrenocortical function: genistein and daidzein suppress glucocorticoid and stimulate androgen production by cultured adrenal cortical cells.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10404819

Fascinating, Captain! Conventional board wisdom has always stated that adding other phytoestrogens to a PM regimen would be detrimental to growth, based on the reasoning that there are only so many estrogen receptors and the introduction of non-PM phytos would only create competition at the receptors between the (strong) PM and the (weaker) other phytos, causing a diminished effectiveness on the part of the PM, since it was no longer monopolizing what receptors were available. Too many piglets fighting over not enough teats. Correct?
But this, if I read it correctly, indicates an entirely new possible reason for avoiding other phytos, specifically Soy. But this begs the question... "How do we know if our PM product contains Soy?"
Of course, (LOL) for that matter, how do we know how much active PM is actually in each capsule, when these products come to us from an unregulated industry (source) and, essentially, we have nothing but the word of the maker to go on that what we swallow is indeed PM, unadulterated, pure, and of a high quality, drawn from a properly grown and harvested plant.
I don't know about you, Lotus, but I have never trusted any business to do what is right without any oversight or regulation.
Now I have to worry as well about whether my PM is spiked with Soy. Sheesh.Rolleyes
Good thing I have a fresh bottle of Highland single malt. Big Grin
Thanks, as always, for your diligence! You are a treasure!Wink

If there were regulations, the company would simply pay the fine for misconduct, or bribe the regulators.

Near where I live there's a chemical plant that keeps failing the EPA's toxic emissions standards. Rather than buy a new filter, which would solve the problem, they pay the fines each month and continue to poison us. No one seems to mind though. Football is on lmao.....

Corporations are legally required to make as much money as possible for their shareholders, so one could argue that the corporation itself is not to blame.

It's the entire system, man. No, I don't smoke pot anymore. lol

Darling, Sarah, I do love the way you think!Smile
You are way too young to remember, but for fun sometime go back and research the Ford Motor Company and the pre sale development of the Pinto. Mother Jones magazine ran a wonderful expose back in the '70s. Not just talking about the gas tank catching fire, but rather how early they knew it would, and what they chose to do about it. Saintly people... Not. LOLRolleyes
Of course we don't need oversight.... Heh heh hehTongue

(15-01-2014, 05:16 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Darling, Sarah, I do love the way you think!Smile
You are way too young to remember, but for fun sometime go back and research the Ford Motor Company and the pre sale development of the Pinto. Mother Jones magazine ran a wonderful expose back in the '70s. Not just talking about the gas tank catching fire, but rather how early they knew it would, and what they chose to do about it. Saintly people... Not. LOLRolleyes
Of course we don't need oversight.... Heh heh hehTongue

Oh,....no...that wasn't my intention. It's just a damned if you do, damned it you don't/catch 22 type scenario.

Oversight that isn't independent of the industry to be regulated doesn't work. Neither does zero oversight.

The only meaningful regulation currently is the free market, and even that isn't very important if people are not informed/don't care. Which may not be the case with cars catching fire...I'm fairly certain people would care about that. Something less visible, like the toxic emissions from my earlier example? Good fucking luck with that. When we get cancer in 20 years, whatever vices we have will be blamed for it instead.

Actually, the bit about "cars catching fire" was only the tip of the iceberg. MJ showed without doubt that Ford knew the cars would catch fire and burn, killing or horribly maiming countless people before they sold a single car. And theycould have fixed it for about $20 a car. Instead, after the bean counters estimated how many people would fry or die, they set up a slush fund to settle with victims out of court. But all most people ever heard was "yeah, the Pinto...I heard some of them caught fire"
Well that proves your point I guess.
Boy, did we get off topic here, or what? Lol

Thanks SR & SS for your responses,

You know me, I tend to go off topic sometimes Rolleyes, but I know the OP so it's cool. Cool

Well to get back on track- I've ordered PM from amazon for its convenience and price, but now I'm looking for a product that only contains PM. Good luck hunting a Pm product down and trying to find out what's in it, or do a search with all the spyware crap. So we should question a product that contains soy, with food allergies these days do we really know if it causes havoc to our system?. I'll give a link and you decide, I'll also post it in the NBE side effect thread just so we all can see it.

So if anyone has a suggestion about a PM product that's well established and it's pure PM and safe purchasing, I'm all ears!

The hidden dangers of soy!
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienci...food01.htm

I shall be waiting with bated breath ...no, seriously.Smile
It has long bothered me that I felt no confidence in any suppliers of my PM. I have often wondered if occasional growth spurts or periods of low growth might have something to do with varying potencies in different batches.

Good point,

I've read about PM only to be harvested a couple times a year, and of that the potency of that harvest depends on how long they age the product. Like if it's brought to market in 5 yrs, it would be ideal. So, how does that work?, what about shortages?, pricing?, quality control?, I'll have to find that article and post it.

Somehow all I can think of is an example of a Jack Daniels commercial where they're squeezing everything out of the barrel,lol.

So how is manufactured today?, what's the potency? Dodgy

What I use is;

Ainterol Pure-M 1000 Pueraria Mirifica R1 Powder
Ingredients: pueraria candollei var. mirifica (the only ingredient listed)

As to potency, the label says;

Values per 1000mg
Daidzin 0.48mg
Daidzein 79mcg
Genistin 94mcg
Genistein 19mcg
Puerarin 0.69mg

BigDave

Pueraria Mirifica AKA White Kwao Krua

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon