Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

(19-06-2014, 09:51 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Hi Lotus,
Interesting hypothesis. I think I follow the logic. Let's see...

Are you saying that it should not be necessary to take supplemental estrogen, e.g., PM? That by attacking DHT and promoting aromatase, enough free T will be converted to raise one's estrogen level high enough to grow boobs?

Clara Smile

No I wish, we still need a form of E, be it herb or pharma, the rest (hopefully) should fall into place. It would seem the scale tips in favor for older males, and even more so for a fella with a higher BMI and sedentary life style. (Obviously not recommend).

I've also come across so many articles and research about the increased risk of estrogen levels and health risks in aging males it's just down right scary, (wouldn't mind seeing more of the risks shared quite honestly)

Like this one-Males with the high insulin resistance and with greater waist to hip ratios are at combined risk of prostate cancer is increased by 8.21 times.

Wouldn't be great to see an exercise thread for us older dudes? Hint hint Big Grin

One other interesting fact is the amount of daily estrogens we might notice thru diet and biologicals, (endocrine disruptors).

It's hard to say if we're getting to much causing a potential dominance. The solution is to closely monitor both.

Easy, right?. Rolleyes

Lotus, what AA do/did you use?

I'm personally looking for something more effective than SP/Spearmint.

SP works on the DHT for me but I have to take such high doses that it causes stomach problems and migraines, Spearmint helps and calms some leftover stomach issues I have from problems caused by a Antibiotic Overdose (via a DR). but I again have to take it (tea form) more often than I would prefer.

My body is oddly very efficient at creating DHT.Sad

(19-06-2014, 10:37 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  Lotus, what AA do/did you use?

SP works on the DHT for me but I have to take such high doses that it causes stomach problems and migraines, Spearmint helps and calms some leftover stomach issues I have from problems caused by a Antibiotic Overdose (via a DR). but I again have to take it (tea form) more often than I would prefer.

I think Abi had similar issues (something like a furry patch, I can't remember). If there was something out there that solves Aromatase/excess DHT I'd invest in that sucker, lol. Sure there a few options (spiro) ?? White peony, although the extract seems to be somewhat effective I don't think it overtakes that beast, maybe 40%, I dunno.

There's got to be a stronger WP or similar?? product out there that can keep Aromatase flipped on so to speak, just haven't found it yet.

(19-06-2014, 10:50 PM)Lotus Wrote:  

I think Abi had similar issues (something like a furry patch, I can't remember). If there was something out there that solves Aromatase/excess DHT I'd invest in that sucker, lol. Sure there a few options (spiro) ?? White peony, although the extract seems to be somewhat effective I don't think it overtakes that beast, maybe 40%, I dunno.

There's got to be a stronger WP or similar?? product out there that can keep Aromatase flipped on so to speak, just haven't found it yet.

I havn't tried WP, Cant find it Locally, but might try to order some online.

With me the DHT shows up in having Gorilla Level unwanted body hair Sad
(Also Extremely Slow Breast Development)

It has lessened a bit but not as much as I would like (would prefer none Smile)

I would get Electrolysis for the unwanted hair but the nearest place that does it is almost 300 miles away...Sad
(also it doesn't solve the slow breast development)

Lenneth, I don't know if your ready for it, but the medicine given to stop male pattern baldness and BPH is an anti-androgen that targets DHT. Sarah, Eva and I all take 5 mg of finasteride daily. Oops, my mistake, Eva takes 0.25 mg of dutasteride. Does it work? Jury is still out for me, but these things take time, so I'm staying with it.

Clara Smile

(19-06-2014, 11:09 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  

Lenneth, I don't know if your ready for it, but the medicine given to stop male pattern baldness and BPH is an anti-androgen that targets DHT. Sarah, Eva and I all take 5 mg of finasteride daily. Oops, my mistake, Eva takes 0.25 mg of dutasteride. Does it work? Jury is still out for me, but these things take time, so I'm staying with it.

Clara Smile

Dunno about taking Synthetics, I might be more open to it if my Relitives were more open minded, but as things stand.....well you probably get the picture...

I like this diagram:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6922]

And this pathway: (my kind of "who has your favorite" stuff, lol) Rolleyes

Here's the pathway of DHEA:

Pattern?, defo yes!! Wink

(20-06-2014, 01:00 AM)Lotus Wrote:  I like this diagram:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6922]

And this pathway: (my kind of "who has your favorite" stuff, lol) Rolleyes

Lotus, can you give an example of an aromatase inhibitor (AI)? I believe they are important for body builders who take extra T to build muscle and don't want to grow breasts because of the estrogen creating action of aromatase.

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon