Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

Thank you Stevenator, Jennifer and Kay Lady. 

From the same study on DIM:

"A man of average weight who consumes 200 g of broccoli daily will obtain ∼12 mg of DIM. With maximum absorption of DIM, the blood concentration of DIM would be as high as ∼10 μm. Therefore, in vivo concentrations of DIM from dietary Brassica vegetables represent the effective levels of DIM in vitro."

I think following the manufacturer's suggested dosage of DIM @ 200mg is a good place to start. 

Go, brussels sprouts!
Bushel and a half in the freezer, glad I grew them.

(02-12-2022, 07:43 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  Go, brussels sprouts!
Bushel and a half in the freezer, glad I grew them.

Yay for Team DIY Gardeners !!

Hello Lotus

I have to receive DIM tomorrow.
I would like to know the minimum and maximum dose to take.
The pills that I will receive are dosed at 100mg.

Thank you mistress of knowledge.

Jennifer

(04-12-2022, 06:57 PM)Jennifer Wrote:  Hello Lotus

I have to receive DIM tomorrow.
I would like to know the minimum and maximum dose to take.
The pills that I will receive are dosed at 100mg.

Thank you mistress of knowledge.

Jennifer
Hey Jennifer I'm no lotus but my reserch sugest about 150 to 300mg for women and 200 to 400mg for men. So a good cross over would be 200 to 300mg. I have also herd that splitting it up half morning and half night was a good idea. Sorry I can't quote my sources like lotus.

Hi Jennifer, because of your recent weight loss I'd start at 100mg (and I'll explain). This is something ben may not realize is that when older males lose weight their SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) levels will go up, sending your estradiol levels down. This science on this is controversial as older science has SHBG being an estradiol amplifier and newer science saying it lowers estradiol (especially free E2 levels)

Synthesis and regulation of sex hormone-binding globulin in obesity
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10997612/
Diet and sex hormone-binding globulin
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10634401

In any event, talk to you doctor about losing weight and how it's affecting your estradiol and about adding the DIM.

I'd also recommend you get more protein in your diet (like that nice meal you shared the other day) especially when losing weight considering bone density loss, and as we age we are losing protein every year. 

Good luck  Heart Hug

Thank you lotus. 
And the stamp rather in the morning or in the evening?
For weight this morning before breakfast 91.2 kg. flawless !

Jennifer  Heart Kiss Hug

Congratulations on the weight loss Jennifer! I’m sure that 8 km’s a day has something to do with it!

(05-12-2022, 07:45 PM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  Congratulations on the weight loss Jennifer! I’m sure that 8 km’s a day has something to do with it!
Thanks you Stevenator,
but at the moment it's 8 km on weekends.
Not every day.
On the other hand today around 4:30 p.m., I had an emptiness in my stomach, as if I had not eaten at noon.
Does this seem normal to you on the diet?

Jennifer

I laugh at Google translations. Pffff
I should check in more often. Big Grin

(05-12-2022, 04:38 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi Jennifer, because of your recent weight loss I'd start at 100mg (and I'll explain). This is something ben may not realize is that when older males lose weight their SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) levels will go up, sending your estradiol levels down. This science on this is controversial as older science has SHBG being an estradiol amplifier and newer science saying it lowers estradiol (especially free E2 levels)

Synthesis and regulation of sex hormone-binding globulin in obesity
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10997612/
Diet and sex hormone-binding globulin
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10634401

In any event, talk to you doctor about losing weight and how it's affecting your estradiol and about adding the DIM.

I'd also recommend you get more protein in your diet (like that nice meal you shared the other day) especially when losing weight considering bone density loss, and as we age we are losing protein every year. 

Good luck  Heart Hug

That's very interesting, thank you, I lost a fair bit of weight last summer (due to the heat ??) and my growth appears to have stalled ever since; I had been considering switching to stronger hormone products (in January, after a short break) to try and kick start things again, maybe I just need stronger AA or let things settle for a while, either way I'm determined not to put the weight back-on (not easy in winter).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon