Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My New Member Intro

Hi,
I’ve been a silent member of BreastNexus.com for a couple of months now, and after having read 80-90% of the postings on the bio-male NBE forum, I thought it was about time to introduce myself to all of you, and to become a participant in some of the ongoing discussions here. I have found this forum to be very helpful in my journey to discover where I am on the gender spectrum and how to deal with personal gender issues in my daily life.

I’m a male heterosexual, and long time married to a wonderful woman. Our children are grown, and we’re both retired now. After more than six decades, I’ve come to the realization that I am transgender. How I overlooked that aspect of myself for so long is a mystery to me, but having finally come to this understanding, and looking back on my life since childhood, I can see the many signs that were so effectively pushed aside in order to preserve the male gender image that was expected of me by family, friends, as well as myself.

I didn’t suffer the debilitating gender dysphoria that many TG/TS individuals describe. For me it was more a constant, background dissonance that slowly took its toll. Without going into too much detail, let me just say that I'm a crossdreamer, a term coined by Jack Molay (see his blog at www.crossdreamers.com). I dream about having a female body. It’s how my gender identity, which is somewhere between male and female, struggles for expression. Until recently I’ve been able to restrict these desires to fantasy. The prospect of actually feminizing my body was never seriously pursued with the exception of occasional closet crossdressing. Now, at this late stage of life, holding back the desire for female expression has become more difficult. With great trepidation, I, at last, came out to my wife about this side of me. She has come to accept the new me, even cooperate in my search for peace of mind and self acceptance. Gone are the negative feelings stemming from other compulsive behaviors that have haunted me for so long.

I picked up a copy of “The Gendered Self” by Dr. Anne Vitale and learned how HRT is often used to diagnose and treat gender expression deprivation anxiety in transgender patients. When I stumbled upon BreastNexus, and learned from members like Doodlebug, Flamesabers, Sfem, Bryony and others that PM has many of the same mind altering effects as synthetic estrogen without all the risks, I started on a program of taking 2000 mg of PM (Ainterol R1) daily and nothing else. The effect on my state of mind has been remarkable. Everything that others have reported has been borne out, and, to my delight, I’ve experienced no unpleasant side effects.

I’m still somewhat ambivalent about how much to feminize my body, though I definitely have a desire to do so. I’m not sure how it’s going to play out long term. It’s one thing to desire breasts, but quite another to actually have them, I gather. We'll see. So far, both my wife and I are okay with taking it one step at a time. I’m already seeing physical changes after nine weeks on PM. My budding breasts are a dream come true, literally, but I’ve also experienced a couple of "OMG what's happening" moments.

I have no intention, at present, of transitioning all the way and living as a woman. I don’t think that will be necessary or practical for me at my age. I’m really only seeking relief from mental anxiety, but I’m assuming that to achieve that, feminine expression will always be a part of who I am to some extent. I'm liking that.

It’s good to be here. Big Grin

Welcome ClaraKay, it's good to have you here!

I think I must be one of the older (in years) active members here, and a late comer to any effective attempt to partially feminize my body. Like you, at this stage in my life I have no intention of transitioning, and like you have been ambivalent on aspects of feminization. One thing I'll promise you, you're in for an interesting ride!

(15-12-2013, 10:50 PM)AnnabelP Wrote:  Welcome ClaraKay, it's good to have you here!

...and like you [I] have been ambivalent on aspects of feminization.

Thank you, AnnabelP, for welcoming me to the forum.

Yes, the ambivalence I feel is probably due to some fear that I'm acting out a crossdreaming fantasy that I may someday come to regret. I'm going ahead with my plan anyway because not doing so, and returning to a state of mental angst, is definitely something I do not want to do.

To hedge my bets, I'm taking a cautious approach by doing what I can to minimize the loss of male function even as I preserve the mental benefits I'm getting from taking the PM. I don't want to burn any bridges just yet.

I know that any growth of breast tissue is permanent, but, honestly, at my age I can't imagine that much growth is possible, but if it happens, and I later find that I can't live with it, there's always surgery. Sad

The thing is, I don't think this foray into NBE is just a whim on my part. I sense there's much more to it than that. As well as the calming effect PM has had on my brain, other changes have occurred that have led to big improvements in my marriage relationship. My wife an I are rediscovering joys of sex!

So, I'm experimenting with taking cold-turkey PM breaks each month, and supplementing the PM dosage with Butea Superba. Both seem to be working well enough for me to achieve an erection when the need arises. (Even morning wood has come back on BS.) It's the desire to keep that ability which tells me that I am not TS. Does that make sense?

BTW, I was so sorry to see Bryony drop off the forum. I saw him as a kindred soul and a huge help to me on starting my program. If you are still following the forum, Bryony, thank you, thank you!

Yes, welcome to the forum and much (and FAST, as we'd ALL love for it to happen over night!!) success with your journey!!

I don't think your age should be a barrier to breast growth. I'm 73 and two years ago I had no breast growth, not even moobs, although I had tried. Look at my thread 'Spironolactone or NBE' in the Pictures sub-forum to see how things have gone for me despite various interruptions and setbacks. Certainly I think that the spiro gave me a head start (I don't recommend it though), and certainly it has been a slow process, but everything since shortly after I joined here has been PM.

Welcome aboard, ClaraKay! It sounds like you have given this quite a bit of thought and it is great to hear that your wife is supportive of your desire/need/urge to explore this side of yourself. That can make things a lot easier. I think our bodies function much better when there is less stress on us, so hopefully that will translate into healthy growth for you. As AnnabelP says, it is never too late to start something like this. No, you won't likely end up with the body of a 25 year old, but you should be able to experience the physical changes you have been wanting to feel. I agree with your thoughts about the evidence supporting not being TS. I believe the same thing in my own case. I crossdream also (infrequently), and I bet a lot of people do. Crossdreaming doesn't have to involve sexual acts. I'm guessing you are simply another wonderful example of a person who is more complex than the clean-edged boxes society likes to draw around people.It's great to see! Thank you for coming out from the background, and I look forward to reading about your progress going forward. It's always cool to get a glimpse of another unicorn in the rainbow forest!

Welcome to the forum,

I feel much the same way as you. My children are quite young so I have at least 16 years before I go 'all in' with my breast growth plan. Even now as I dream of them I have OMG moments (I take a much lower dosage o PM) even though I haven't had any growth. I wonder about future summers and going topless, hanging out with the grand kids at the beach or pool - or will my children shun me? Ok getting decades ahead of myself now. But they are important considerations. Good news is that the Dude Lookd Like a Lady Stephan Tyler can rock a set moobs in a speedo. I didn't like that song for a long time because it made me feel conflicted. Now I say rock on.

Best of luck on your journey,

Welcome! Like you I dreamed of a feminine body and started down the path almost a decade ago..... Im in my 60s and still not where I want to be.... unlike you my SO doesn't support me at all... So I feel your very lucky....

Welcome aboard! Take your shoes off and stay awhile!Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon