Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hobbies we have

Hi all,

too follow on from my "what jobs we do" thread , thought it would be interesting too see what we all do in our spare time,

I have a pretty good idea what the top Hobby or past time will be but we shall see,

First , what are your main Hobbies and Past times ?

Second,

Have you lost interest or changed Hobbies since being on NBE ?

Myself first,

Racing outrageously fast cars,
Fishing , all types,
Energy healing and related interests,

Julie

me I collect vintage earrings.... I collect vintage cameras up through 1959.... I have a large collection of nail pullers... seriously.... 1860s-1920s.... used to pull out nails out of wood.... even have a book on nail pullers!.... additionally I remodel houses in my spare time... and play ice hockey twice a week on an over 25 draft league..... ooh and I crossdress..... lol

For me it's fish keeping like aquariums I am very into that field of hobby i find it very beautiful and relaxing but I go to extrememes if you want to see the types of tanks I do search on youtube aquadesignamano. I am also I big gamer I'm a fan of minecraft,maplestory,black ops 2 yeah...it's fun. and no pm has not changed this[/quote]

(07-08-2013, 05:25 PM)Jamie Lee Wrote:  For me it's fish keeping like aquariums I am very into that field of hobby i find it very beautiful and relaxing but I go to extrememes if you want to see the types of tanks I do search on youtube aquadesignamano. I am also I big gamer I'm a fan of minecraft,maplestory,black ops 2 yeah...it's fun. and no pm has not changed this
[/quote]

Cool, I'm sort of a fish geek too. I have a 75 gallon (284 liter) display tank and a 25 gallon (95 liter) sump/refugium. I just put my first live coral in last weekend, actually!
I used to have a number of other more active interests (skydiving, motorcycle, skiing) but got a little sedentary as work got more intense. Nothing to do with NBE.
I'm curious if anyone still snorkels or scuba with NBE. I'm really looking forward to that (back to the aquarium thing) next time I'm in Hawaii, but I'm concerned about what to wear Dodgy
I'd almost rather wear a bikini top than go topless, and I'd prefer not to go in a tank or swim shirt
-j

Jeez, if I was to list all of my Hobbies i'd be typing for a few days.....I'll try to list the main ones that I am able to do the most often.

(not In any order/priority)

Radio Controlled Cars (the expensive adult kind)
Video Games (FPS, RPG & Racing)
Target Shooting
Knife & Sword Collecting
Camera Collecting (antique)
Tinkering with just about anything Mechanical
Cycling
Hiking
Fishing
Hunting
(Can NBE count as a Hobby? Smile )

As for changes since starting NBE, nope, still like everything the same.

Passtimes:
Travelling long distances hopefully, sometimes by unusual railways and preferably in mountainous or otherwise interesting areas (very good for keeping dysphoria at bay);
House renovation and repair (a very old wooden house requires a lot of maintenance);
Repairing aging computer, electronic and electrical hardware (I like to fix it myself if I can);
Investigating family origins in 17th century Ireland.
Collections:
Ceramic and glass pigs;
Certain series of old topographic maps;
Antique (more than 25 year old)computers, mainly CP/M;
Old rail timetables and some other railwayana.

CP/M. Haven't touched that since about 1977. My first real job involved doing up a database for a mailing list on a CP/M machine that only had a Fortran compiler. A Cromemco Z80-based machine as I recall. Lots of fun. Fortran was not a good language to write a database engine with.
As for hobbies, I can't say I have any serious hobbies. I dabble in photography and really used to enjoy model sailing but haven't done any sailing of any kind for quite a few years now. Sad Most hobbies get costly in a hurry these days. Since none of my apps are paid apps, I suppose you could describe my mobile platform development activity as a hobby. Dodgy I golf, but I don't know if you can call that a hobby.

I fly computer flight simulator on virtual network, I use Flightgear (free software)

(08-08-2013, 04:52 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  (Can NBE count as a Hobby? Smile )

I also would like to include NBE as a hobby. Big Grin

Some of my other hobbies are:
  • Playing old-school video games
  • Studying psychology and WWII
  • Volunteering
  • Writing to penpals

I don't think I started any new hobbies since starting on pm.

Crossdressing is one hobby that has certainly undergone changes during my time on pm. I still crossdress, but it's no longer a hobby for me. It's simply something I do now.

one other hobby I forgot to mention, reading books.Cool

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon