Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ainterol R1 side effects

(12-04-2013, 12:00 AM)bryony Wrote:  
(11-04-2013, 04:52 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  ...

Maybe age has a big factor in determining how well our body tolerates pm? If I'm not mistaken, I'm the youngest one who has posted in this thread. Perhaps that's way I have more leeway with my pm dosage?

I'm guessing that you have/had far more testosterone that I have/had to deal with! Big Grin Maybe that somehow counteracts the extra PM? Just guessing.

B.

I suppose that's a possibility. I would expect though after taking a high daily dose of pm for over a year now would certainly lower my testosterone levels.

Perhaps not taking sp would explain my level of tolerance for pm?

Or maybe I'm just some kind of a mutant in regards to processing pm? Tongue

(12-04-2013, 03:01 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I suppose that's a possibility. I would expect though after taking a high daily dose of pm for over a year now would certainly lower my testosterone levels.

I think your use of PC three weeks out of the month would be more of a factor in your ability to handle higher doses of PM than age, mutation, or lack of taking SP lol

I know Bryony doesn't believe in estrogen dominance.....but what are the headaches if not anecdotal proof of its existence?

Not that I know anything for sure here, well aside from the fact that I get bad headaches if I try to drop the PC ;p

(12-04-2013, 03:01 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I suppose that's a possibility. I would expect though after taking a high daily dose of pm for over a year now would certainly lower my testosterone levels.

If your T was at the upper end to begin with, you could still have enough T to be normal enough. Also, unless you have a lot of abdominal fat, you're likely not aromatizing much into Estradiol, and unless you were going bald when you started, you're probably not reducing much into DHT. I can see how you'd be spared some of the side effects that some believe might be estrogen dominance.

(11-04-2013, 10:32 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  
(11-04-2013, 05:08 PM)bryony Wrote:  Off Topic reply to MonikaT:

Hi Monika,

I don't know if I'd mentioned it before, but if you are still eating wheat, I'd strongly suggest trying to do without it. I gave it up for 99% off the time 4 years ago, and I rarely need antacids/lansoprizole etc.

Have a look at this: www.wheatbellyblog.com
I wasn't aware of it when I went on my low carb lifestyle, but it looks like getting rid of wheat was the main reason for my physical health improvements.

B.

Yes, you've mentioned this on several occasions. The GI troubles I've had with metformiin began again with either PM or a medication I took briefly. Unfortunately, they continued after I stopped the medication. I'm not sure I can give up wheat, and that doctor's book is a bit flawed and has some misinformation. The last time I looked at a glycemic index chart, a Snickers bar still had a higher glycemic index than whole wheat or white bread, though I must admit the Snickers bar is far tastier than bread or pasta. Also, I was checked for celiac disease and seem to not have that problem, though it may have been temporarily induced by the medication I took briefly since it is a DPP-IV inhibitor, and that enzyme has something to do with digesting proteins such as gluten. Adding soluble fiber, probiotics, and sauerkraut to my diet has helped a lot. I'm not sure why I haven't eaten much sauerkraut in the past 20 years or so. I actually do like the stuff and read that we need to eat fermented foods to maintain healthy gut bacteria.

Without negating the idea that some folks have gluten and/or wheat digestion issues like with other food intolerances, I see too many claims of this wheat belly thing that sound like evangelizing instead of information. So I did a 10 minute search with google and found that my suspicions were not paranoia. For myself, I do not care about one fad diet or another. But since it gets recommended here from time to time, I feel obliged to present an opposing perspective on the trustworthiness of the wheatbelly thing. This article seemed like a pretty good starting point for anyone who wants to know why wheatbelly isn't all it's cracked up to be.

http://noglutennoproblem.blogspot.ca/201...usted.html

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

While I agree with you to a point on this sfem, it should be noted that "wheat" products as sold in most places AREN'T good for anyone. This is due to processing. It's worse for actually gluten-intolerant people, of course.

Interesting to note from the comments on that blog though that many of the people report that when going GF, they gained weight due to the GF foods they switched to being EVEN MORE heavily processed!

The biggest factor in the poor health of people today is the heavy processing of our food. Too much sodium. Too much potassium. Too many chemicals that we don't really even know what they do.

We live in a toxic world. And the BEST thing any of us can do is to try to minimize our contact with the toxins of our environment.

(12-04-2013, 05:18 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  While I agree with you to a point on this sfem, it should be noted that "wheat" products as sold in most places AREN'T good for anyone. This is due to processing. It's worse for actually gluten-intolerant people, of course.

Interesting to note from the comments on that blog though that many of the people report that when going GF, they gained weight due to the GF foods they switched to being EVEN MORE heavily processed!

The biggest factor in the poor health of people today is the heavy processing of our food. Too much sodium. Too much potassium. Too many chemicals that we don't really even know what they do.

We live in a toxic world. And the BEST thing any of us can do is to try to minimize our contact with the toxins of our environment.

*nods while eating a genetically modified apple*

This is why I weight 113 lbs....too crazy about checking ingredient labels lol

If only I'd spent 10 minutes on Google. Then I could still be suffering from acid reflux and IBS. You live and learn.

But seriously, I'd have been more impressed if the highly critical author didn't have a vested interest in selling his own books with recipes for GF foods that still contribute to the obesity problem, which Wheat Belly specifically warns against. Cupcakes! Just what you need in a sedentary lifestyle, isn't it?

B.

(12-04-2013, 05:18 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Interesting to note from the comments on that blog though that many of the people report that when going GF, they gained weight due to the GF foods they switched to being EVEN MORE heavily processed!

Yes, the problem is that people do want to keep eating the same stuff, so the people with a gluten problem shift to gluten free muffins, GF pizza bases, GF bread etc. All they are doing is taking out the wheat, but replacing it with rice, potatoes and tapioca etc... all high carb! What they also need is a lifestyle change.

(I would have thought the people on this board know quite a bit about lifestyle changes already! What's one more? Smile )

Hi carb was great for the days when people weren't spending most of their days sitting down in front a keyboard, and when they walked to a public transport terminus instead of to the parking garage and then walking to their final destination instead of driving door to door.

It was also great for people that worked in the fields. But civilisation has taken away the need to eat so much energy - we need very little. Eating more than a very few carbs quickly increases blood glucose which spikes insulin, which winds up converting most of it to fat, which leaves you hungry shortly after, and you wind up overeating.

The shift from eating a meal consisting of meat, fat, green veg and a couple of potatoes to wheat-orientated food is the sole cause of today's obesity epidemic.

B.

(13-04-2013, 12:28 AM)bryony Wrote:  The shift from eating a meal consisting of meat, fat, green veg and a couple of potatoes to wheat-orientated food is the sole cause of today's obesity epidemic.

B.

Sadly, even potatoes and other starchy veggies, including yams and sweet potatoes, cause that same insulin spike. A russet potato has a higher glycemic index than sucrose, last time I checked. For the most part, anything pulled out of the ground to be eaten has a fairly high glycemic load, including carrots.

Generally, I do agree with your statement. The high-carb, low-fat lifestyle we've been told to adopt is killing us. It also severely lowers T in most men. Then couple that with all the plastic-based estrogen mimics that leach into our diets from food containers, and it is no wonder there are so many fertility issues these days. Canned goods contain bisphenol-A (BPA) which is now being linked to heart disease. From what I can see, if it isn't fresh produce or fresh meat, we probably shouldn't be eating it, but all that processed stuff is what is affordable, and it is hard to store fresh produce for very long so one can't exactly stock up when it is in season and on sale.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon