Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ainterol R1 perhaps too strong?

I have low blood sugar and get dizziness and faintness from exertion. I've had this since I was a kid. I do not experience sugar crashing or disorientation from PM.

(07-03-2013, 02:13 AM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  I just started PM R1 on Monday at 500mg morning and evening. I've been getting an upset stomach, gas and mild diarrhea. Today I had a stabbing pain in my kidney or surrounding area. I can't compare R1 to the older version but my stomach is easily upset. I thought I was getting a little shaky this afternoon about 4-6 hours after morning dose. I didn't connect it to the PM but maybe there's something there.

A lot of people suggest starting at one pill per day. I had some of the symptoms you describe for the first few weeks, but they are all gone now (I'm at 3x500mg/day).

Misty

(07-03-2013, 05:51 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Daily Dosage orally: 3-6 drops (120-240mg). Start with 3 drops and observe all changes. You can increase to 4-6 drops after 4-5 weeks if needed to.

Using pipette: One drop is close to 40mg (in room temperature of +25C/77F).

Those are the only things related to dosing I can find listed on the site. I agree with you that 12 drops feels like way way more than 500 mg. But to be honest I can't find that stated anywhere, so if you could point me to the part I didn't read carefully enough, that'd be awesome.Is there a conversion factor between mls of extract and mgs of powder that I'm missing here?

Like this? Content: 10ml (0.33fl.oz) equal to 10000mg of non-diluted Pueraria Mirifica Extract.

I'm honestly interested in this. I'll see if I can come up with the same dose amount for fun.

All those references to mg is strictly related to the liquid extract product, it has no correlation outside of that.

My "reading carefully" I guess was more about reading between the lines and making inference. Since they say to use 2 or 3 drops as the starting point, and maybe up it to 4 to 6, and they say to use 1 or 2 capsules, I inferred the ratio to be thus 2/3 drops ~= 500 mg of powder.

Extrapolating this further, my rock-bottom dose is roughly the same as 125 mg of powder and my peak dose is roughly the same as 2 grams of powder.

I know there are guys out there that take as much as 3 grams, but they don't usually take more than 1500 mg in a single dose.

If we were really THAT interested, we could ask Ainterol. They're usually pretty good about responding. They just suck at providing the information to start with.

Thanks for the reply. They certainly do suck about providing easy to understand information about the conversion from ml of extract to mg of powder. It's odd since many of the people who take extract previously used the pills/powder. Not sure why they wouldn't want to make the ratio as clear as possible.

This weekend when i have some time I'll use the conversion ratio given and some formulas from my chemistry class to see what kind of numbers I come up with. I suspect it'll be close to your idea though, since it seems logical that the starting doses of each would be somewhat equivalent.

Thanks again, Abi. You are quite the informative poster.

(07-03-2013, 01:41 PM)sfem Wrote:  I have low blood sugar and get dizziness and faintness from exertion. I've had this since I was a kid. I do not experience sugar crashing or disorientation from PM.

As a diabetic, I would welcome some sort of blood sugar lowering quality from PM, but so far, I've seen none. In fact, I've seen no effect at all on blood sugar in either direction.

(08-03-2013, 02:19 AM)MonikaT Wrote:  
(07-03-2013, 01:41 PM)sfem Wrote:  I have low blood sugar and get dizziness and faintness from exertion. I've had this since I was a kid. I do not experience sugar crashing or disorientation from PM.

As a diabetic, I would welcome some sort of blood sugar lowering quality from PM, but so far, I've seen none. In fact, I've seen no effect at all on blood sugar in either direction.

Hi Monika,

have you given up all wheat-based products? If not, I suggest "Wheat Belly" by William Davis MD... even if you have, it's still worth reading.

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/press-medi...ew-videos/

B.

(08-03-2013, 12:22 PM)bryony Wrote:  Hi Monika,

have you given up all wheat-based products? If not, I suggest "Wheat Belly" by William Davis MD... even if you have, it's still worth reading.

B.

I'm actually aware of the book, but I haven't read it. I read about it several months ago in Life Extension Magazine. I also ran across some sort of gluten-free living blog that claimed the blog author had read the same actual studies as the doctor who wrote the book, and the blog author came to the exact opposite conclusions as the doctor. Honestly, I have no idea when it comes to gluten. Other things I've read imply that most humans are probably a little gluten-intolerant even if it doesn't rise to the level of celiac disease.

I know I have some sort of inflammatory response going on in my body, and I take omega-3 oils, curcumin, ginger, boswellia, and rosemary in an effort to knock it down. I don't know how much all of that has helped, but some of my swollen finger joints have improved, though they are still larger than they originally were. Most chronic illnesses are also linked to chronic inflammation. The move toward large quantities of omega-6 vegetable oils in our diet seems to promote inflammation, if I remember correctly.

(08-03-2013, 06:01 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  
(08-03-2013, 12:22 PM)bryony Wrote:  Hi Monika,

B.

I'm actually aware of the book, but I haven't read it. I read about it several months ago in Life Extension Magazine. I also ran across some sort of gluten-free living blog that claimed the blog author had read the same actual studies as the doctor who wrote the book, and the blog author came to the exact opposite conclusions as the doctor. Honestly, I have no idea when it comes to gluten. Other things I've read imply that most humans are probably a little gluten-intolerant even if it doesn't rise to the level of celiac disease.

I know I have some sort of inflammatory response going on in my body, and I take omega-3 oils, curcumin, ginger, boswellia, and rosemary in an effort to knock it down. I don't know how much all of that has helped, but some of my swollen finger joints have improved, though they are still larger than they originally were. Most chronic illnesses are also linked to chronic inflammation. The move toward large quantities of omega-6 vegetable oils in our diet seems to promote inflammation, if I remember correctly.

Do read it then. It's a real eye-opener. I had no idea why I felt so much better going low carb, which meant giving up wheat. This book tells you about the very real damage that modern wheat does to you, and why it causes a whole host of inflammatory problems. If you are still eating any wheat-based products, I urge you to stop right now, as it is likely doing you real damage.

Best regards,

B.

So I opened a different bottle of PM R1 the other day and I've been dosing as instructed on bottle: in morning before food (30 minutes) and before bed, both times with a serving of milk, then following up with a heaping helping of steamed vegetables, and peanut butter (toast).

So far: no problems as reported before. I'm not sure whether it was the other bottle of PM or the changes in how I'm dosing, but I will likely stick to this bottle and plan for now as it seems to be working.

Thanks all Smile

(10-03-2013, 12:18 AM)dargona Wrote:  So I opened a different bottle of PM R1 the other day and I've been dosing as instructed on bottle: in morning before food (30 minutes) and before bed, both times with a serving of milk, then following up with a heaping helping of steamed vegetables, and peanut butter (toast).

So far: no problems as reported before. I'm not sure whether it was the other bottle of PM or the changes in how I'm dosing, but I will likely stick to this bottle and plan for now as it seems to be working.

Thanks all Smile

Great to hear that your problem seems to be gone Dargona.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon