Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Autologous Fat transfer with BRAVA

I am a big fan of Breast Nexus and Real Self. I have been thinking about a "boob job" ever since I stopped breast feeding my third and last child (about 5 months ago). I am not worried about size (I was always an A/B cup before kids), but the appearance of my breasts just made me sad (saggy and wrinkly with a deflated feel them). I am not a fan of implants and was not willing to explore that option at all. I finally decided on an autologous fat transfer augmentation and have started the BRAVA about a week ago. Below I am going to go over the preliminary stuff I have already done.

PS: Dr. Hartog located in Orlando, Fl. Dr. Hartog has done the procedure for a bit now and was trained under Dr. Khouri from Miami. He is also participating in the AFT study.

Initial Consult: Because I have stable weight (120lbs) and am not looking for a large enhancement I am considered an ideal candidate. My breast tissue has already stretched out nicely (I was a 34D with all three kids) and I have enough fat. I was hoping for local anesthesia for the procedure, but because Dr. Hartog needs to harvest fat from multiple sites I will require general anesthesia.

Diagnostics: I had a breast MRI done in Orlando with a radiologist who is also participating in a study and also had a 3D ultrasound performed. Total cost $450. Results- normal.
Screening blood work will be performed at my preoperative checkup.

BRAVA: $850 through Dr. Hartog's office. It took over 2 weeks for it to arrive. In my mind the BRAVA is a bit intimidating, but it does become manageable over the course of 7 to 10 days. I had a consult with Darlene, my BRAVA coach, and begin wearing it last week.

Week 1: I use the BRAVA cleanser for my skin and Life Aloe Vera Gel from Whole Foods (recommended by Darlene). The first night was 6 hours. It was total torture and I was itchy and sore in my armpits and sternum. I was up every one or two hours. I was really anxious the second night (7 hours) but have found that each night is better than the last. You get better at repositioning and learn how to deal with the itching and discomfort. So the first week I basically added an hour each night until I reached 11 hours. I had absolutely zero skin issues and the BRAVA rarely looses suction at night. My breast are getting heavier (fuller… it is hard to describe) and are definitely bigger in the morning. I religiously apply coconut oil and Aveeno's baby moisturizer with colloidal oatmeal two or three times a day.

Week 2: I have started cycling and am slowly increasing the length of time I wear the BRAVA. My goal for the end of Week 2 is 12 hours, 2 cycles, and hand pump. I'll post in a few days with the results of Week 2.

huh so you have boob job and brava? that sounds over expensive method I could not do interesting though Smile I think some people have had results on her with brava pumps I use noogleberry pump but only when I hit growth pauses to up my swelling I don't quite have the dedication to use regularly all the time.
good luck with your nbe x

In AFT breast augmentation (autologous fat transfer to the breasts) the BRAVA device is worn before and after surgery to improve the fat graft survival. The price tag is high, but I think worth it. I will never need surgical revision like in implants and the results are natural looking.

Check out the Miami Breast Center website for info
http://www.miamibreastcenter.com/

Week 2 isn't technically completed for another 48 hours, but I wanted to do an update because it keeps me focused on the goal. When I talked to Dr. Hartog's staff they encouraged me to wear the BRAVA as much as possible. I have been wearing the BRAVA 12 to 13 hours each day and have built up tolerance to "hand pumping" and "cycling." When you "hand pump" the device you are compressing a small black ball connected to the tubing and domes, which is used to increase the pressure beyond that of the sport box. I now usually keep the pressure consistently up with two pumps of the ball. I am also "cycling" which involves pumping the black ball until maximum pressure is reached and then sitting at maximum pressure for two minutes and rest for 15 seconds. Each cycling session should be about 60 to 90 minutes. This is not the most fun you can have… but it really increases swelling. My skin is still ok and I only use the Life Aloe Vera skin gel, so I think that really helps. I have also started using Tegaderm between the breasts where the BRAVA domes meet at at my armpits. The thin layer REALLY helps decrease discomfort and itching. I bought the Tegaderm off of Amazon and cut out the size I need.

I am trying to get my breasts to a D cup size before the fat transfer. The surgeon says… if I want a C then my swelling needs to be a D. Any ideas how to measure cup size beyond trying on a D cup bra? Not sure how to measure my progress.

you could try some muscle rub for a bit of added swelling I just started using deep heat on after flaxseed oil massage working perfectly only been 2days and you can take pictures or compare difference swelling in your old bra or a measure tape undebust and over fullest part of bust the difference needs to be at least 6 inches to be d cup obviously bra size is down to breast shape and general bra fit so its a Aprox. min.

The more you use brava the better you results will be! Id do it for as long as possible before getting that transfer. The fat will have a much better chance of surviving. Make sure your doctor has experience with this procedure. I'd love to get it myself someday. Let use know how it turns out. <3333

End Week 3 and begin the FINAL Week 4:
Sorry to have missed Week 3 update, life is intense with 3 kids 4 years old and under Smile I have been wearing the BRAVA Week 3 AVG 14hrs with 3 to 4 cycle session. At the end of Week 3 I went for my preop appointment. My PS encouraged me to wear the BRAVA "as much as possible" and that "I can't wear the BRAVA to much". He stressed to me that the fat graft is limited mainly by the expansion obtained before the transfer. That means that I may be able to go up two cup sizes (but it will be up to me to get the breasts expanded to a size D before the procedure). I started using a motorized pump that will maintain 70mmHg of pressure (which is lots more than the 30mmHg the sports box maintains) for 5 minutes on and 1 minute off. My skin and nipples had never had any issues before, but with the high pressure cycles (4 to 6 hours total per wear phase) my nipples are super sensitive for like 30 minutes and I have a small amount of petechia on my skin where the BRAVA seals. I am now into Week 4 and am wearing BRAVA 16 hours with 5 to 6 hours at high pressure. Three days before surgery I will start wearing BRAVA 24 hour for 3 consecutive days (2 hours off each day).

I hope this update helps inform people considering fat transfer to the breast what level of dedication is required. I could wear the BRAVA less, but with the amount of money I am about to spend… why would I? I'll give an update after surgery about the liposuction, compression garments, BRAVA wear protocol, pain level, amount of fat transfered etc. 5 more days ladies!

I won't know how much fat survives for 3 to 6 months. My PS is confident in a 85-95% fat retention and is part of the BRAVA and AFT clinical trails so he has done a good number of fat transfers.

Hi did you have the transfer? I am very interested in this procedure. How much does it cost? Thanks

bump. how's it going?

Hi,

I was wondering how your procedure went? I am in a very similar position. I have to go for a full anastesia because the fat will be harvested from multiple places.

You mentioned that you have to wear Brava after the procedure as well? Could you please provide more details about this? I am planning to use a NB instead of Brava though.

L

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon