Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Maple Syrup Smell

Hi everyone,

I've recently begun taking Fenugreek, and I've noticed that my body has begun to smell really sweet, with an odor not unlike that of maple syrup. I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this with Fenugreek.

Let me know! Thanks!

Hello CandC27.

I also had this problem but I noticed it more with the extract than the capsules. I'm not sure if there is much you can do to get rid of the smell other than discontinuing use with the Fenugreek or using a body spray or something to cover up the smell.

hi, yes it affects everyone that way. As flamesabers says, there is nothing you can do about it.

Oh and by the way, its been discussed many times and doing a search would have found the answer very quicklySmile

I've...never actually had this problem. And neither has my friend. Our first FG we bought from GNC and it actually smelled like maple syrup without making us smell like it. But we buy Vitamin Shoppe brand now, and it doesn't even smell like maple syrup, just bitter. =_= Still, no change in how I smell. Maybe it's the different brands or kinds?

Howdy,

Not only my body, but BM & urine also had that aroma. Could be worse...Blush

JTX

(15-10-2012, 04:58 PM)Doll Wrote:  Still, no change in how I smell. Maybe it's the different brands or kinds?

That's a possibility. For the capsules I always used the Nature's Way brand. For the extract it was Nature's Answer.

their is no way to get rid of the smell aside from masking it with deodorants/air fresheners, best bet is to just play with your dose until you find one that produces minimal smell and still works then use a deodorant that can mask the smell more effectively.

Fenugreek is used in the manufacture of artificial syrups. It's not a brand thing. It's supposed to smell like that. If you smell that way after ingesting it, either you're taking too much or you have a very sensitive sniffer.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon