Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

SP for a month... look like anything to you guys?

To be honest nobody can really tell you the answer to that. A lot of people simply dont take SP at all and others take it for a while and then stop. It really comes down to whether you think it is doing anything for you.
I know that isn't a huge amount of help but its the best I can do. FWIW, I took SP constantly for almost a year then stopped and started several times and eventually convinced myself that it does nothing for me.

I take pm without sp. I think it's certainly possible to get progress without having to take sp like Pansy-Mae has said. Maybe now would be a good opportunity to see what happens when you take pm without sp?

I take 320mg of SP extract every day. I think it really depends on how old you are and how much DHT you need to block. I've definitely noticed a difference with it. It's not that expensive either (about 10 cents/day).

(10-09-2012, 01:01 PM)JMT Wrote:  I think it really depends on how old you are and how much DHT you need to block.

I think that's probably very true, I've said the same thing myself previously.

Its really hard to tell if it makes a difference to be honest... its been a month and so far all I'm gettin is some soreness under the nipples but its very spuratic, maybe a few times the last week or so but nothing consistant. And I am 24 years old by the way.

At 24, you may well need some SP but without knowing how much DHT you naturally produce it's impossible to say. I don't think SP ever did much for me, but I'm more than twice your age.

Well since it doesn't work on the same receptors as PM (I'm assuming anyway), I suppose it couldn't hurt anything to keep taking it at least for a little while longer

If you're not getting much of a reaction to the SP, it might either be that your dose is too low for your personal level (although that's hard to believe, as 4,000mgs seems pretty high to me, but that may just be me), or it might just be taking a while to really get in your system. 2,400mgs a day worked pretty well for me, but it took over a month of that constant dose to even start seeing any real effects from it. I just cleansed a month ago, and I've started taking a lower dose trying to save myself some money. I really do think this new lower dose is just too low for me, as I'm not even seeing the slightest change. I should probably really be taking closer to 3,000mgs to really see it working in my body, but then I know I'll run out of it way too fast. :/ I'm female, but my body is VERY naturally high in testosterone. So SP is my miracle herb.

I guess the fact that you feel anything from it at all is enough to mean it's starting to work for you. The biggest change I noticed with SP (since I'm also taking so many other herbs) was that by the end of my 3 months, my body hair grew a LOT slower (went from shaving almost every day to once or twice a week!). So maybe you'll be able to slowly start to see that change happen in yourself, and then you'll know it's doing something for you! Good luck!

I assume you've both been using whole herb? Consider switching to 85-95% standardized extracts. The "best" such seems to be Doctors Best, Best Saw Palmetto. (Yeah.... I didn't name it... corny... but... accurate... for once.)

You can use a lot less extract than whole herb, saving tons of money. For a little bit of an idea... I'm using 1280mg a day. Split mostly evenly into 3 doses. This is the absolute MAXIMUM ANYONE should need. I had seriously hideously massive DHT levels prior. Early male-pattern serious. A year later, and my male-pattern is completely filled in by young new hairs.

THANK YOU!!!
I've been using this one, but it's just the berries. This Saw Palmetto Extract looks like what I should really be buying! Blush If that low a dose is enough to completely reverse your male pattern, I should definitely be able to get away with a lower dose! Big Grin You just made my day! And the timing's perfect, because I'm getting close to running out of my current SP!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon