Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM & headaches

Hello everyone.

I know headaches have been a reported symptom when taking high doses of pm, but has anyone experienced headaches only after continually taking a high dose of pm for several weeks or more?

I've been taking 3,000 mg of pm for about the last two months and during the last few days I've been getting headaches. I'm suspecting the high dose of pm is the culprit. Dodgy However, I'm wondering why I'm getting headaches now and not a while ago when I started taking 3,000 mg. Could my 3 days of going cold turkey last week have anything to do with this?

I'm going to go down to 2,000 mg to see if that helps, but I'm curious to hear anyone's opinion on this.

(22-06-2012, 05:05 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Hello everyone.

I know headaches have been a reported symptom when taking high doses of pm, but has anyone experienced headaches only after continually taking a high dose of pm for several weeks or more?

I've been taking 3,000 mg of pm for about the last two months and during the last few days I've been getting headaches. I'm suspecting the high dose of pm is the culprit. Dodgy However, I'm wondering why I'm getting headaches now and not a while ago when I started taking 3,000 mg. Could my 3 days of going cold turkey last week have anything to do with this?

I'm going to go down to 2,000 mg to see if that helps, but I'm curious to hear anyone's opinion on this.

You could try Maca. I've never suffered from headaches, but I did start on Maca very soon after I started on high dosage (about 2 months), and I think Isabelle recommends it for these (apologies to her if I have misquoted!) - try a search for headaches under this forum, I'm sure I've seen it. (Would look myself, but in a hurry right now!)

B.

(22-06-2012, 09:40 AM)bryony Wrote:  You could try Maca. I've never suffered from headaches, but I did start on Maca very soon after I started on high dosage (about 2 months), and I think Isabelle recommends it for these (apologies to her if I have misquoted!) - try a search for headaches under this forum, I'm sure I've seen it. (Would look myself, but in a hurry right now!)

B.

I did a search on Maca and headaches. It seems like there's a lot more talk about using Maca to feminize the hips and rear or to increase the sex drive than to reduce headaches. Dargona discussed getting headaches from Maca and Isabelle advised that taking Maca to reduce headaches from pm will only worsen things. Sad As far as I can tell, taking maca to eliminate headaches from pm has only worked for you.

Thank you for your advice. I learned more about the uses for maca. Smile For right now I think it'll be simpler to reduce my pm dosage than add another herb to my regime.

Hi, I never took PM but recently started with getting head aches at night. I wondered if this could be caused by SP, Hops or low testosteron. I used the herbs for a few years now. Strange was that only recently the headaches started.

Hi Flamesabers,

I started getting headaches too. Maca did not help me with my headaches--actually it got worse and I do not why. I then reduced the amount of PM per dose to 750 from 1000 and my headaches went away. Since I was doing 3g per day, I just increased the number of times I consumed PM.

Good luck!

Try fenugreek or wild yam. If that doesn't help, fennel seed tea or turmeric or yucca or thyme or oregano or damiana. If that doesn't help, progesterone cream.

(22-06-2012, 01:17 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Dargona discussed getting headaches from Maca and Isabelle advised that taking Maca to reduce headaches from pm will only worsen things. Sad As far as I can tell, taking maca to eliminate headaches from pm has only worked for you.

Whoops! That will teach me to try to quote from memory! Apologies! (and to Isabelle for misquoting!)

Actually I'm also convinced that, aside from really helping with maintaining "male functionality", Maca also helps me keep my GID depression at bay.

Quote:Thank you for your advice. I learned more about the uses for maca. Smile For right now I think it'll be simpler to reduce my pm dosage than add another herb to my regime.

One thing I forgot to say before. When I started on 3g/day, I found that if I took 2x500 3xday, I got really bad cramps around the kidneys.

I found that I could manage 1 x 500g 6xday as long as I left 3 hours between each one. So, for me, it takes about 3 hours to reduce down to the point where ill effects are no longer experienced.

Perhaps that's an alternative reason why I don't get the headaches? I had assumed it was the Maca, but maybe not.

How did you take yours? 2 x 3 or 1 x 6? If the former, why not try the latter?

B.

(22-06-2012, 02:36 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Try fenugreek or wild yam. If that doesn't help, fennel seed tea or turmeric or yucca or thyme or oregano or damiana. If that doesn't help, progesterone cream.

I have progesterone cream but none of the rest. Where should I apply the cream and should I use it so long as I'm taking a high dose of pm?

Would using progesterone cream affect breast growth? I remember reading elsewhere on the forum not to use progesterone cream until after the first or second year because that's how genetic girls develop.

(22-06-2012, 04:53 PM)bryony Wrote:  How did you take yours? 2 x 3 or 1 x 6? If the former, why not try the latter?

B.

I take mine 2x3. I could try the later when I go back up to 3,000 mg.

Hi flamesabers,

Apply the cream in a different spot each time. The directions for use that came with the cream probably suggest places with thin skin, like inner thighs and arms. I have no experience with it, but I would apply it first in places where I could use a more ripped look. Try a body builder pose before the mirror. If the triceps under your upper arms look flabby, apply the cream there. If PM gives you bloated ankles, apply it there. Try it below the belly button if you prefer a six pack over a feminine four pack.

Use the cream as long as you use the high dose of PM. You may be able to stop one day earlier, but you'll just have to try that.

Fill out dr. Lee hormone balance test several times a day. The trick for good growth during the "teenage" years is to have excess estrogen without becoming estrogen dominant, but never to go progesterone dominant or into progesterone excess. So keep the PC doses low. Use just enough to prevent headaches and lower back pains.

(22-06-2012, 06:17 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi flamesabers,

Apply the cream in a different spot each time. The directions for use that came with the cream probably suggest places with thin skin, like inner thighs and arms. I have no experience with it, but I would apply it first in places where I could use a more ripped look. Try a body builder pose before the mirror. If the triceps under your upper arms look flabby, apply the cream there. If PM gives you bloated ankles, apply it there. Try it below the belly button if you prefer a six pack over a feminine four pack.

Use the cream as long as you use the high dose of PM. You may be able to stop one day earlier, but you'll just have to try that.

Fill out dr. Lee hormone balance test several times a day. The trick for good growth during the "teenage" years is to have excess estrogen without becoming estrogen dominant, but never to go progesterone dominant or into progesterone excess. So keep the PC doses low. Use just enough to prevent headaches and lower back pains.

Thank you so much for your response. Smile

I've been having lower back pains for a while, I feel it most when I'm lying down. Do you think it would help to apply the cream on my lower back?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon