Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM ARRIVED! It starts!

My first order of PM has arrived.

It took 9 days from when I ordered it, and the package was registered, and therefore needed a signature. No problem this time, but it could be next time, so I'm considering ordering it a different way.

I know that the directions are not for biological males, but in reading them I noticed that it said to start out with one pill a day for 2 - 3 weeks. I'm planning one pill a day for about one week, and will then ramp things up - 2 pills a day for a week, then possibly three pills a day for the next couple of weeks.

I took my first pill!

I'm also on SP - 3 pills a day for a total of 1350g.

I basing this on others' experience on the Forum. If there are any cautions, please post!

No fat redistribution yet or breast buds! (just kidding)

freddy

Welcome to the PM Crowd.Big Grin

Thanks, Lenneth.

How long before you could tell you were on something different (if you could)?

freddy

That depends on what you mean by "Different"

Mental effects were almost immediate for me, within a few hours. But everyone is different, and some people don't notice any difference mentally...so I suppose it depends on how miserable you are without it ;p

Only mental effects I have had is an almost mind numbing amount of stress melting away or evaporating, and being able to think a little clearer.
(that and I now Sleep a lot better when my allergies aren't keeping me awake like they are now)

Some minor dizzyness/light headedness issues to but ive narrowed that as being mostly due to some allergy (heyfever) medications, PM just seems to make it easier to notice.

Seems to be partly related to Blood Pressure being raised by both.

I have noticed nothing so far.

I decided to go with 1000mg to start. 1 X 500 in AM, 1 X500 in PM. I'll just keep an eye out for any problems.

I am glad I have started.

freddy

(25-05-2012, 10:13 AM)freddy Wrote:  I have noticed nothing so far.

I decided to go with 1000mg to start. 1 X 500 in AM, 1 X500 in PM. I'll just keep an eye out for any problems.

I am glad I have started.

freddy

If you have gender dysphoria related to androgen deficiency during foetal development, PM in sufficient dosage should relieve those symptoms. There is a prevailing wisdom that estrogen(-mimic) therapy either relieves gender anxiety if you suffer from it, or causes it if you don't.

The dysphoria relief depends on how bad it's been hitting you before you take PM. Some people don't suffer too much - they just have a niggling feeling about female clothes and feel disgruntled all the time. I used to feel that way when I was swamped with testosterone, had a busy job and small kids and could throw my energies into other things. Since my testosterone levels dropped and I became semi-retired, I started to focus on doom-laden scenarios, end of life, what's wrong with society etc so I was swinging between anxiety and despair. PM wiped all that out.

If you don't have GD to that extent, you may not notice any mental benefits from PM - I can't live without it.

One thing you need to look out for is the possibility that your GD is not congenital - e.g. if you desire for breasts springs from some other psychological condition. In that case, it's possible that taking PM will actually _cause_ anxiety.

If you wake up in the night with palpitations and an uneasy sense of dread, for God's sake stop taking it right away.

I don't mean to be alarmist, but that is a known effect of estrogen therapy on "normal" masculine brains. if you need evidence I can supply references or you can search in this forum for "Vitale" the name of the gender counsellor who has written several useful articles for TS folk, some of which has been copied here.

Good luck!

Bryony

bryony,

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. It is REALLY appreciated.

All of this is pretty new to me, which is causing just a little bit of anxiety - not a lot - it's what I ABSOLUTELY want to do, but I am a bit worried about what might happen - other than expanding my breasts.

I can't say that I am disgruntled all the time, but I do have a niggling feeling about female clothes.

I do not wake up at night with a sense of dread - but then I've only been on it one day.

I guess I would say that I just want larger breasts. Can it be that simple? I hope so.

Again, THANK YOU for your response.

freddy

Yes it can be that simple. A number of us have just wanted to increase of breast size and change their breast shape to be female. And we have not been looking for other feminization changes. In particular, I like being able to use a wedge inside 140 yards.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon