Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

It begins!

Ok..so I have a few questions..I bought swanson brand BO (is that a good brand?)..I think..BO is raw bovine ovarian glandular correct? It's similiar to the stuff in BB yes? the pills are 250MG each..and I heard someone say you should start on 1800mg a day is that right? I also ordered forskolin, Genistein Soy Complex, and Aniterol PM, tho i'm not sure which doses of that i should take. Sorry for all the questions everyone.

IM Excited for youBig Grin good luck! remember to post updates! Ainterol is good I just need to be a wee bit more patientTongue

thanks! I guess this will be my journal then? Here's my starting pics then!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Swanson BO seems to be as good as any of the glandular products. You might find more info in the Glandular subsection here. 1800 mg/D sounds about right, but realize that works out to 8 capsules/D and at 60 caps/bottle thats a bit more than a weeks worth per bottle. General recommendations are that you give BO AT LEAST a 3 month trial before you decide whether it works for you or not. Even at Swanson's prices, that gets into a bit of change.

As for the others there are good recommendations for PM dosages and ramping up already in this forum. Do realize, those that take BO recommend you DO NOT combine it with other NBE methods such as PM.

I have started taking forskolin as well. My caps are 125 mg with 20% active ingredient and the recommendation for weight loss is 2 to 3 caps/D spread out over the day. Since I have only been taking it a couple days I can't say what if any effects it is having.

I don't know anything about the genistein, sorry.

Hope that helps.

So..i just started taking Sponson's brand BO, along with some estriol cream. I take 7 pills a day and use the cream once a day on my chest. and my chest seems to feel a lil bigger..I lost my measuring tape but i am familiar with how my chest feels and it feels slightly bigger..I don't think i've ever felt like breast buds or anything like that before..(tho i may have way back when i was younger but doubt it) its not normal to grow this fast?

(12-04-2012, 10:41 PM)chrishoney Wrote:  Swanson BO seems to be as good as any of the glandular products. You might find more info in the Glandular subsection here. 1800 mg/D sounds about right, but realize that works out to 8 capsules/D and at 60 caps/bottle thats a bit more than a weeks worth per bottle. General recommendations are that you give BO AT LEAST a 3 month trial before you decide whether it works for you or not. Even at Swanson's prices, that gets into a bit of change.

As for the others there are good recommendations for PM dosages and ramping up already in this forum. Do realize, those that take BO recommend you DO NOT combine it with other NBE methods such as PM.

I have started taking forskolin as well. My caps are 125 mg with 20% active ingredient and the recommendation for weight loss is 2 to 3 caps/D spread out over the day. Since I have only been taking it a couple days I can't say what if any effects it is having.

I don't know anything about the genistein, sorry.

Hope that helps.

hrm.. i just got my forskohlii pills in and they are 400mg each caps..so i'm not sure how much i should take a day.. I also am having a hard time finding a dosage recomendation for genistein which the one i got is 1000mg per cap..

Check the % forskolin in the caps. It is hopefully listed on the label. For instance I just found 385 mg caps by Solaray for $9/60 cap bottle. At first glance it sounds like a way better deal than what I purchased (125 mg caps with 20% forskolin/cap fro about $19) but the Solaray product only has 1% forskolin! Thats 3.85 mg/cap in the Solaray versus 25 mg/cap in Herbal Actives caps I bought. Six times more is a HUGE difference and in my mind well worth the price difference (about $10 more for Herbal Actives c. forskohli.)

After that, google forskolin dosage for weight loss to get an idea what people are generally recommending for that. I have not been able to find any info on nasty side effects (which is not to say there are none) so I suppose you can go higher, but my main interest in taking it IS to loose some weight and as a bonus to promote aromatase activity to convert endogenous testosterone to estrogen, which to my way of thinking is the best kind (i.e. that made by my own system.)

Just for comparison, right now I am taking 3 x 125 mg caps/day, spaced out over the day. Thats giving me 75 mg of forskolin. I don't know if that's right or wrong, just what I have decided to try based on the method of research I outlined above.

Isabella or others may be more help with genistein, but frankly my guess is that PM has more potent phytoestrogens, unless you are taking it for other properties.

(17-04-2012, 11:54 AM)chrishoney Wrote:  Check the % forskolin in the caps. It is hopefully listed on the label. For instance I just found 385 mg caps by Solaray for $9/60 cap bottle. At first glance it sounds like a way better deal than what I purchased (125 mg caps with 20% forskolin/cap fro about $19) but the Solaray product only has 1% forskolin! Thats 3.85 mg/cap in the Solaray versus 25 mg/cap in Herbal Actives caps I bought. Six times more is a HUGE difference and in my mind well worth the price difference (about $10 more for Herbal Actives c. forskohli.)

After that, google forskolin dosage for weight loss to get an idea what people are generally recommending for that. I have not been able to find any info on nasty side effects (which is not to say there are none) so I suppose you can go higher, but my main interest in taking it IS to loose some weight and as a bonus to promote aromatase activity to convert endogenous testosterone to estrogen, which to my way of thinking is the best kind (i.e. that made by my own system.)

Just for comparison, right now I am taking 3 x 125 mg caps/day, spaced out over the day. Thats giving me 75 mg of forskolin. I don't know if that's right or wrong, just what I have decided to try based on the method of research I outlined above.

Isabella or others may be more help with genistein, but frankly my guess is that PM has more potent phytoestrogens, unless you are taking it for other properties.

hrm i searched all over the bottle but didn't find a percentage..even on the website it doesnt say. http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SW1428/ItemDetail i'm mostly want to take it for the aromatase activity..And i heard that taking genistein is like a DHT blocker or something..what brand folkosin are u taking then?

I'm taking Nature's Plus Herbal Actives c. forskohli purchased from luckyvitamin.com; http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-6412-natur...redirect=1

If you check the ingredient's page (http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-6412-natur...redirect=1) for the Nature's Plus forskohli it says it contains c. forskohli root EXTRACT standardized to contain 20% forskolin. Swanson's is c. forskohli whole root powder, not extract. I take that to mean there is no way to be absolutely sure how much forskolin Swanson's has in it, it may be less, it may be more. It's not necessarily bad, just not the same kind of preparation which makes comparisons difficult.

Sorry don't know to compare the two. Your guess would be as good as mine!

(17-04-2012, 06:53 PM)chrishoney Wrote:  I'm taking Nature's Plus Herbal Actives c. forskohli purchased from luckyvitamin.com; http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-6412-natur...redirect=1

If you check the ingredient's page (http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-6412-natur...redirect=1) for the Nature's Plus forskohli it says it contains c. forskohli root EXTRACT standardized to contain 20% forskolin. Swanson's is c. forskohli whole root powder, not extract. I take that to mean there is no way to be absolutely sure how much forskolin Swanson's has in it, it may be less, it may be more. It's not necessarily bad, just not the same kind of preparation which makes comparisons difficult.

Sorry don't know to compare the two. Your guess would be as good as mine!

hrm ok..and my aniterol pm is 500mg so i'd take 6 of those a day for 3000mg which i heard is around the recommended dosage?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon