Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Tumeric - good or bad ?

Hi - some websites say that if you have gynecomastia ( man-boobs you don`t want ), then eating tumeric will help to get rid of them.

Some websites say that tumeric contains phyto-estrogens, and will help to grow boobs.

Does anyone here have any idea which is correct ?

I`ve been avoiding it for the last few months, and my boobs have grown. I used to eat it, and they didn`t grow - or they didn`t appear to grow. However it has health benefits quite apart from its effect on breast growth - whatever that effect is - so I would quite like to add it to my diet again, but not if it is going to stop booby growth or even make them shrink.

May be my recent growth has got nothing to do with tumeric, I really don`t know.

PS - isn`t it strange - out there in the big wide world there are thousands of guys who are desparate to get rid of their man-boobs - yet here we are trying to grow them.

I'm very interested in whatever is reported on this. I've been taking tumeric for a while as it is supposed to help prevent Alzheimer's. Do I have to make a choice between clear thinking and having boobs that I don't even know are there?

By the way, if you want to avoid tumeric, you had best avoid Indian food also as there's a lot of tumeric used in food prep.

Yes - curries use a lot of tumeric, and a lot of varieties of mustard have tumeric in them as well. Anything that is yellow or yellowish needs to have its small print examined carefully.

Piccalilli is another one. Tumeric pops up in quite a lot of unexpected places.

So if anyone out there knows the truth about tumeric............

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon