Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Introducing myself

Big Grin 

Hi all,

Just discovered this site today and have been fascinated and delighted by all of the people and info here. I have no pressing questions right now but thought I’d take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I am a retired male in my mid 60s living with my wife in the western USA. I’m 5’ 9” and grossly overweight at 280 pounds which is more than a little discouraging since every time I try to lose weight I end up heavier (and heavier in the end too). I’ve been cross dressing off and on (mostly off) for the past 10 years. I like the idea of women’s clothing, just not the way they appear on me due to lack of figure and excessive hairiness.

I’ve also been half-heartedly trying to increase my breast size, although why anyone would want hairy boobs is beyond me. I tried a Noogleberry for a while, sometimes leaving it on for several hours a day. It did seem to increase my nipple protrusion, but I don’t think it had any effect on my breast size. I also tried massage. What I do think caused my moobs is the weight gain.

Anyway, I’ve been taking finasteride (also known as Propecia) to prevent baldness for about 13 years, the first 10 years at 1mg daily and the last 3 years at 5 mg daily. The increased dosage was economic, not medicinal. The last time I bought Propecia (brand name for finasteride at 1 mg) it was about $60 USD for a 30 day supply while generic finasteride 5 mg is only $9 USD for the same amount.

Additionally, I’ve been taking a large assortment of vitamins and supplements such as fish oil and resveratrol. The one of note in this forum would be the Saw Palmetto 320 mg once a day for the past 5 years trying to promote prostate health.

I just ordered some Pueraria Mirifica from eBay and am looking forward to its arrival. As with everything you read on the web, I have no idea if this PM particular will do anything. Some sites say it stops baldness, some say it causes breast growth. Who knows for sure?

I guess I’ve rambled long enough. I tend to do that and I apologize if any of you who read to the end are bleary eyed.

My one big regret is my inability to think of a cool sounding user name. Oh well, EricaB will just have to do. Smile

Hi Erica and welcome.

I've been on 5mg Finasteride since last October, prescribed by my doc for prostate problems, I haven't so far noticed any effect on my hair, or lack of it!!

I used to take SP but that didn't make any difference to anything so I stopped it after about 6 months.

If you are getting your PM from e-bay, its quite likely to be Ainterol? I've never heard of any PM being a cure for baldness as such, although increasing estrogens levels in the body I guess might help a little bit in that respect. However, those whom say it increases breast growth are correct, for some of us at least.Big Grin

Feel free to ramble at any time!

Welcome EricaB. I made your name sound cooler by pronouncing it E-Ricka-B. Smile I laughed out loud at your comment about hairy boobs.
You have a great attitude about things. To improve your cross-dressing satisfaction, have you considered a dog? They say if you are overweight, it means your dog isn't getting enough exercise. I can confirm this, being a dog owner.

hi there Erica, and a very warm welcome to you if its pills you want then I would say look no futher than PM best wishes,,,,Sam,,,,

Not sure how to comment on an individual response, so I'll have to group them together in here. Before I do, I'd like to thank all who have responded and all those who have just spent the time to read my initial posting.

Pansy,

I started taking Propecia (finasteride 1 mg) after my wife noticed a severe balding area on the crown of my head in 1999 (I was early 50s then). Typical male-pattern baldness. After a few months on the finasteride the hair grew back!!! As I was hoping to hold the line if I was lucky, or maybe just slow the progression of hair loss, I was totally shocked. As you might imagine, I was totally overjoyed, too. But, as is apparent from the conflicting results people seem to have to various NBEs programs, what works for one may do nothing for the next and might even cause problems for the one after.

sfem,

Good suggestion, but my parents were cat people and I've never had a dog. Doesn't matter anyway as I am now allergic to cats and dogs and the outer covering of animals in general, well mammals and birds. I'm ok with fish scales, but they're kind of hard to walk and not so much fun to pet.

My femme name is Erica B----, hence my screen name of EricaB. Erica was already taken and I didn't know what the site would do if I had a space in the middle of my screen name.

samray,

Thanks. I gathered from the many postings I had read that the PM was almost the magic bullet.

Hi Erica,

w.r.t losing weight, there is in my opinion no diet as effective as a low carb diet. Most diets crash because hunger is a primal driver. Eating carbs exacerbates this because of the insulin response, and the famous "hungry 10 minutes after a chinese meal" effect.

With a lo-carb diet, you eat the absolute mimimum amount required to fuel the conversion of fat into energy. This is way below your daily energy requirements, so you _must_ burn fat. The good thing is that you eat enough protein and a little fat to ensure that you do not feel hungry. A small quantity of dry wine is allowable too.

Google will pull up reams of information if you are interested, particularly if you include "Atkins", though he didn't invent it.

Good luck!

Bryony

Hi, Erica, I have a sort of random message to give you...I remember you having problems with your nails and found this product, in case you have not heard of it. I have not tried it, although I am interested as well (need moisture on my toenails...Dodgy )

You can imagine my reaction when I saw that you were suggestion stuff for a horse, Dodgy but then I remembered a time back in the 70s or 80s when horse shampoo was very popular. I'll keep it in mind as I shop and see if I can find it in a local store or stable Big Grin . Seriously, maybe I'm just cheap but I hate to spend $3 for something that costs me an additional $4 to ship. I doubt you would believe the number of topical products I've tried, from salves to ointments to polishes. And my dermatologist suggested Biotin, so I've been taking 2,000 mg of that for more than 2 years, but to no avail. And that's way longer than the 1 year I was told would have to pass before I could see any change from the Biotin (it takes a few weeks for the Biotin to build up in the body and then the nail takes something like 6 to 8 months to regrow).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon