Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

lactation???

(04-01-2012, 12:51 AM)Cheryl1989 Wrote:  Hi Tara, what pansy-mae has said is pretty good advice, i did the whole lactation thing for quite a while for personal reasons and i regretted it after, my breasts where never the same, its also hard work having to pump everyday to keep the breast milk coming in, and it can get messy to start with and uncomfortable at times Sad and yes you will need to have developed certain breast structures to be able to do it with any success. So i think you have taken the right decision in waiting and making the choice further down the line, good luck honey Wink

Here is a pic of what it did to my boobs after a while Sad

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Very informative, thanks for sharing. I was looking into lactation but now I think I will wait.

i suppose that i will also wait...oh well. perhaps when i am older and a more developed girl i will look more into lactation.
cheryl, how have you achieved such amazing growth? please, if you are willing to share i would love to know!

xox tara

Hi Tara,
This is my first post on the forum. Actually, after lurking for a while, I joined just so I could respond to your post. I have a post on the Noogleberry support forum about my experience with lactation. No point in re-posting here, but to summarize...

I was not on any hormones or herbs at the time. I was able to lactate from stimulation and pumping only. I think there may also be a psycological aspect.

I work as a male, but spend most of my off time as female, with the support, understanding, and encouragement of my girlfriend. She loves my boobs. It was originally her suggestion/desire/fantasy that I lactate. It quickly became mine. I never expected it to be anything but a fantasy.

I started with pumping my nipples, not to induce lactation but just because I hoped for nipple development. After some success at that, I decided to purchase a Noogleberry. I occasionally had a slight discharge from using the Noogleberry, but lactation required the use of a nursing pump.

This is not to suggest that my experience is normal or predictable. This is as much a warning as anything. I was able to induce lactation mainly, if not entirely, through the use of a nursing breast pump. I loved it, and likely would have continued it to this day except for the development of mastitis.

Mastitis is an infection of the milk ducts, usually, and in my case certainly, caused by incomplete emptying. I didn't pump properly or frequently enough. Mastitis is painful and can develop into a serious infection. With early and proper antibiotic treatment it is typically easily cleared. Getting that treatment as a genetic male (as I am) can be a problem. Be forewarned.

I loved it. My girlfriend loved it. We loved it so much that I had to throw my breast pump away to keep me from sucuuming to the urge to continue. I still use the Noogleberry, but not the nursing pump. If you induce lactation, you simply must use proper technique. There is a lot of information on the web for lactating women describing proper pumping technique. There is no shortcut to this. It requires serious dedication. You cannot just hook up your breast pump for a couple of sessions a day (as I did) and expect to not have a problem. You have to pump FREQUENTLY. Maybe even every 2 hours! You have to massage while you're pumping. Not just a relaxing massage. I'm talking squeezing (hard!) every last drop out. When you can't pump (at work, for instance) you have to express. These are not options.

I understant the lure of it. I wouldn't swear that I won't do it again. If I knew I could do it without developing mastitis, I'd buy another breast pump and start immediately. Mastitis is not playing around, though. It's difficult for me to empty completely. Expressing is particularly difficult and inconvenient. The frequency of pumping and expressing is exhausting. It's not all fun and games, and must not be approached as such. As I said, be forewarned!

Best of luck,

Rhonda

(09-01-2012, 05:02 PM)Rhonda Jean Wrote:  Hi Tara,
This is my first post on the forum. Actually, after lurking for a while, I joined just so I could respond to your post. I have a post on the Noogleberry support forum about my experience with lactation. No point in re-posting here, but to summarize...

I was not on any hormones or herbs at the time. I was able to lactate from stimulation and pumping only. I think there may also be a psycological aspect.

I work as a male, but spend most of my off time as female, with the support, understanding, and encouragement of my girlfriend. She loves my boobs. It was originally her suggestion/desire/fantasy that I lactate. It quickly became mine. I never expected it to be anything but a fantasy.

I started with pumping my nipples, not to induce lactation but just because I hoped for nipple development. After some success at that, I decided to purchase a Noogleberry. I occasionally had a slight discharge from using the Noogleberry, but lactation required the use of a nursing pump.

This is not to suggest that my experience is normal or predictable. This is as much a warning as anything. I was able to induce lactation mainly, if not entirely, through the use of a nursing breast pump. I loved it, and likely would have continued it to this day except for the development of mastitis.

Mastitis is an infection of the milk ducts, usually, and in my case certainly, caused by incomplete emptying. I didn't pump properly or frequently enough. Mastitis is painful and can develop into a serious infection. With early and proper antibiotic treatment it is typically easily cleared. Getting that treatment as a genetic male (as I am) can be a problem. Be forewarned.

I loved it. My girlfriend loved it. We loved it so much that I had to throw my breast pump away to keep me from sucuuming to the urge to continue. I still use the Noogleberry, but not the nursing pump. If you induce lactation, you simply must use proper technique. There is a lot of information on the web for lactating women describing proper pumping technique. There is no shortcut to this. It requires serious dedication. You cannot just hook up your breast pump for a couple of sessions a day (as I did) and expect to not have a problem. You have to pump FREQUENTLY. Maybe even every 2 hours! You have to massage while you're pumping. Not just a relaxing massage. I'm talking squeezing (hard!) every last drop out. When you can't pump (at work, for instance) you have to express. These are not options.

I understant the lure of it. I wouldn't swear that I won't do it again. If I knew I could do it without developing mastitis, I'd buy another breast pump and start immediately. Mastitis is not playing around, though. It's difficult for me to empty completely. Expressing is particularly difficult and inconvenient. The frequency of pumping and expressing is exhausting. It's not all fun and games, and must not be approached as such. As I said, be forewarned!

Best of luck,

Rhonda

How long did it take before you started lactating?

Thank you Rhonda. for insight into producing milk , and associated complications.

Wow, great thread. I've often wondered if this was even possible. I Googled around a few years ago but couldn't find much - apart from that it was theoretically possible.

It's cool to read from you two that it is actually possible.

So next question, did either of you - or has anyone else - actually breastfed a baby, to help out your partner?

In trying to understand Rhonda's post I came across this video which is interesting and confirms what's involved:

http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeedi...ction.html

(23-12-2011, 09:14 PM)Tahira Wrote:  i know that it is possible to lactate as a genetic male.  this is something that i would very much like to do.  is there anything that i can use that will enhance my glands and help me lactate?  i am open to all suggestions.  will a breast pump help?  it would be nice to have fat, puffy nipples leaking delicious milk.  please, hellllllp!

xox tara

Hello Tahira,
I try to induce lactation myself. Have you managed to get milk rises and breastfeed regularly? Did you follow what protocol? Thank you for your reply.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon