Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

It's a far distance to travel and my GPS isn't working...

...so I'm really glad I found you guys/gals.

I only discovered this site yesterday, but after reading through many of the threads and soaking up their wisdom (and drama), I feel like I know many of you.

So I think it's only fair to introduce myself. I'm in my upper thirties, married for seven years to a wonderful woman (we've been together for twelve), with two teenage step-sons. I've never been the stereotypical "guy". I'd have to say that from an early age I've always been in touch with my feminine side. Growing up in a Catholic family with six siblings, I unfortunately didn't have an outlet. After suppressing my inner self for more than two decades I think it's finally time to be me.

My journey started just over 4 months ago, with the aid of SP, FG and LENE* (described below) from Amazon. For a couple of months I threw in some WY, but I'm not convinced that was all that helpful so I recently stopped that one. Right away I noticed a softening of the skin and fat redistribution. My belt has shrunk 4 notches since I started and I've dropped about 25 pounds (though I cut out soda from my diet and have been walking the dog much more, so that's mostly responsible). I've also noticed I have more junk in the trunk.

And my breasts have definitely gotten larger. Measuring this morning I appear to be half-way to an A cup. The left is just a bit larger than the right. However... I still haven't seen the formation of any buds yet, but on occassion I get the dull ache that indicates growth. Could it mostly be just fat redistribution? Budding isn't something you'd miss, is it?

I've ordered some PM from ainterol. (Thanks for the link! Amazon doesn't have anything close.) When I first started looking into transitioning, I was on the fence about the prescription "synthetic" options, but now I'm convinced they're not for me. They may work more quickly and effectively compared with the natural alternatives, and possibly be even cheaper, but I don't see how it could be safer. In 1998 my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, which we believe was probably caused by the artificial hormones from her Mirena. After surgery, chemo and radiation and being on Tamoxifin for 2 years and still having it resurface in her liver earlier this year which took us through six more months of chemo, I have no confidence in "bio-equivalent" hormones. I'll let my liver decide for me. If it's meant to be, it'll give me the right dosage of the hormones that are compatible with my body.

Here's what I've been taking:
Morning: 2 FG 610mg, 1 SP (extract) 160mg, 2 LENE*
Afternoon: 2 FG 610mg, 1 SP 160mg, 1 LENE* (just added this LENE a few weeks ago - used to take 2 WY)
Night: 2 FG 610mg, 1 SP 160mg

*Life Extension Natural Estrogen - Here's what's in it:
SoySelect soybean extract - 400mg (similar to the effect of soy isoflavones?)
Broccoli extract - 300mg
Pomegranate extract - 200mg
Black Cohosh extract - 40mg
HMRlignan Norway spruce extract - 30mg
Dong quai extract - 25mg
Licorice extract - 25mg
Vitex extract - 20mg

I'm looking to substitute the afternoon LENE with PM, and another PM with the evening dose (total 1000mg/day). Does that sound like a good start? Should I take one in the morning? I'm only slightly above the label amounts for SP and LENE (taking 3/day instead of 2), and that seems safe to me. In researching this it seems a lot of people take incredible quantities, and I hope to never go to those lengths.

Thanks and *hugs*,
-Jen

The FG and Fennel will temporarily enlarge your boobs, but there has been speculation that it also reduces long-term growth because its effects are temporary and it takes receptors better taken by something like PM. I'm not sure how I feel about that, I sort of think that as long as the receptors are activated, that's good enough. I do believe that PM has a stronger effect from my personal experience, and the others aren't really needed in addition to the PM. The SP has a different function which has been described many times over in the forum already. I like the idea of doing 1g/day and seeing how it goes for you over a couple of months. Your post doesn't say if your wife is on board with your plans. If she isn't, be prepared to explain things in a few months when she wants to know how things got to where they are. PM will do that to you.

Welcome and happy growing!

Thanks sfem!

I like the idea of taking as few different products as I can, and if I can lose the LENE altogether that would be great. I also appreciate the warning that FG might conflict with the effectiveness of PM. I hope it doesn't. FG has given me the unexpected benefit of being very good for my digestion and I'd hate to lose that.

I don't think I'll go to 1g/day of SP though. Right now I'm only at 480mg/day, though I have considered going to 640mg. When the PM gets here I think I'll probably try: 2 FG, 2 SP and 1 PM both in the morning and evening and see how that goes, and bump up the PM if necessary.

As for my wife, she knows I'm taking the supplements and seems rather happy with me lately (calls me sexier more often than she used to), so I think it's all good. She's got enough on her plate as it is anyway that she shouldn't have to worry about me (she has a CT scan tomorrow to see how the last round of chemo went-wish us luck!)

Again, I have to say I'm really glad I found these forums. Up until now I didn't feel like I had a real support group or knew anyone with any expertise. You all have remedied that.

*hugs*

Jmt
As sfem says pm does the work and results

Perhaps try red clover liquid extract but dump the rest

Sp now and again and monitor

Please be upfrontbwith your beloved wife, this is one thing you must not fool her with ok ?

Julie

Hi JMT,

just a few more things:

1) If you think it is possible that you will ever want to father children, play safe and get some sperm frozen.

2) be prepared to experience "changes" in your erection capabilities. PM is extraordinarily powerful. I guess it depends on your dose level, but I get no "morning wood", and almost never get one unless my wife participates - but that's how I like it. The other kind always involved fantasies that I personally found distasteful.

3) If you get the point of wondering whether you actually want your penis anymore, that's a good sign that you should take a break from PM for a week or so. I'm not kidding!

Good luck!

Bryony

(07-12-2011, 10:43 PM)JMT Wrote:  As for my wife, .... She's got enough on her plate as it is anyway that she shouldn't have to worry about me (she has a CT scan tomorrow to see how the last round of chemo went-wish us luck!)

Hi and welcome.
I'm not going to say anything else about your programme, the others have already said it.Smile

But I did want to wish you and, most importantly your wife, the best of luck with the CT scan. I know roughly what you are going through since my wife has been fighting leukaemia for over 9 years and several times she has got to the point where they have talked about possible remission, only for her results to slide back again at the next blood test.
So keeping our fingers toes and boobs crossed for you both!

(08-12-2011, 08:54 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(07-12-2011, 10:43 PM)JMT Wrote:  As for my wife, .... She's got enough on her plate as it is anyway that she shouldn't have to worry about me (she has a CT scan tomorrow to see how the last round of chemo went-wish us luck!)

Hi and welcome.
I'm not going to say anything else about your programme, the others have already said it.Smile

But I did want to wish you and, most importantly your wife, the best of luck with the CT scan. I know roughly what you are going through since my wife has been fighting leukaemia for over 9 years and several times she has got to the point where they have talked about possible remission, only for her results to slide back again at the next blood test.
So keeping our fingers toes and boobs crossed for you both!

Thanks Pansy-Mae, for reminding me to stop focusing on the main question, and pay attention to the whole message.

JMT, please include me in those well wishes, I didn't mean to appear insensitive.

Pansy-Mae, you also have my sincere wishes for your wife's return to health.

All the best,

Bryony

Yes indeed ,

Healing thoughts sent too Panseys wife,

I am not religous but certainly know there is something bigger than us and with prayers or healing thoughts proven too have a clinical incidence of benefit with patients, theres something in it , so beaming away for you both,

Julie

(08-12-2011, 01:12 AM)bryony Wrote:  1) If you think it is possible that you will ever want to father children, play safe and get some sperm frozen.
Though I think that's great advice, my wife and I are done having children. Being dad to two for the last twelve years has given me all the satisfaction I need in that regard. Smile
(08-12-2011, 01:12 AM)bryony Wrote:  2) be prepared to experience "changes" in your erection capabilities. PM is extraordinarily powerful. I guess it depends on your dose level, but I get no "morning wood", and almost never get one unless my wife participates - but that's how I like it. The other kind always involved fantasies that I personally found distasteful.
I usually don't have morning wood as it is, perhaps a third of the time. I plan to start PM at 1,000mg/day to see how things go.
(08-12-2011, 01:12 AM)bryony Wrote:  3) If you get the point of wondering whether you actually want your penis anymore, that's a good sign that you should take a break from PM for a week or so. I'm not kidding!
I think my course is set for full transition, but as the title states it's a long road and there could be detours. While researching HRT, I read that some regimens go for 3 weeks on, 1 week off, to simulate a woman's natural cycle. I wasn't planning on trying it myself, but that's good advice, bryony. Thanks!

Pansy-Mae, bryony and Julie, thank you very much for the well-wishes for my wife. We've been guessing that she might have to go through 1-2 more cycles of treatment (coincidentally a cycle is also 3 weeks on, one week off). It all depends on what shows up (or doesn't show up) on the scan.

In any case, it's the journey that tests one's character, and that's what really matters. I'm glad to have you along on mine.

*hugs*

just want to say that I hope to god in heaven that your dear wife gets good results

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon